LD Rasmus Dahlin (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I've never seen a player play like him. He's so good in so many ways and he makes plays that literally no other player in the league makes. What a phenomenal year to win the lottery.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
So the next Drew Doughty. Sabres fans should be pretty happy about that.

Though on these boards people will tell you he is overrated, Doughty has been called that, he didn't deserve the Norris, he was awarded for years of service, its the Kings system, blah blah blah.

Lots of ignorance out there, he looked good last night, the one goal he probably did not play it well, but it happens to the best of them.
Not too mention Doughty when he was playing had an arguably worse GA when Girgs pickpockets him considering Doughty already had the puck on his stick.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Anyone who says either one is "miles ahead" of the other clearly hasn't watched both players.
people who keep arguing about it are just as bad as the ones that keep putting down one or the other player. Prospect threads should really just stick to what the prospect is doing rather than having an argument.

Reactions: SabresSharks

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Well I'm sure if Botts offered Dahlin for Heiskanen Nill would jump all over that in a heartbeat

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
This Heiskanen vs Dahlin stuff is going to end up exactly like the Sabres fans who were certain Reinhart was making Eichel better and not the other way around. Hilarious.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Heiskanen wasn't traded for Karlsson. I don't see why he would be traded for Dahlin either, especially now when he has shown what kind of player he can become in the NHL.

Also, it's nice to see so many Sabres fans has found the time to watch Dallas games regularly so they can have that opinion of Heiskanen only being better in so called fantasy land. :laugh:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Heiskanen wasn't traded for Karlsson. I don't see why he would be traded for Dahlin either, especially now when he has shown what kind of player he can become in the NHL.

Also, it's nice to see so many Sabres fans has found the time to watch Dallas games regularly so they can have that opinion of Heiskanen only being better in so called fantasy land. :laugh:
Heiskanen wasn't traded for Karlsson because you'd only get 1 year of Karlsson. Want to know who Vegas refused to trade for Karlsson? Erik Brännström(also Cody Glass).

I have no idea why the comparisons to Heiskanen are brought up at all. Started with the Heiskanen camp wanting to validate their player by trying to bring down another player in the process I guess.

I'd also bet on both camps not watching much of either team... Because why would they?

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
This is so f***ing frustrating. Kid is the best 18 year old hockey player on the planet and the entire thread is being dominated by insecure Dallas fans whining. about their guy. Maybe Sabres fans should flood the Heiskanen thread just to shit on him for 20 pages?

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Heiskanen wasn't traded for Karlsson because you'd only get 1 year of Karlsson. Want to know who Vegas refused to trade for Karlsson? Erik Brännström(also Cody Glass).

I have no idea why the comparisons to Heiskanen are brought up at all. Started with the Heiskanen camp wanting to validate their player by trying to bring down another player in the process I guess.

I'd also bet on both camps not watching much of either team... Because why would they?
Considering how the player-who-shall-not-be-named-here has looked so far in NHL, I think there were more reasons why he wasn't traded for Karlsson and Jim Nill saw that.

If you weren't here in the summer, this all started when one camp believed Heiskanen was just as good as Dahlin and the other camp responded saying he wasn't even in the same tier than Dahlin. So here we are.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Considering how the player-who-shall-not-be-named-here has looked so far in NHL, I think there were more reasons why he wasn't traded for Karlsson and Jim Nill saw that.

If you weren't here in the summer, this all started when one camp believed Heiskanen was just as good as Dahlin and the other camp responded saying he wasn't even in the same tier than Dahlin. So here we are.

Don't want people to say they like Dahlin better? Maybe don't go into a thread created to talk specifically about Dahlin and start shit by telling everyone Heiskanen is better? Seriously, this is like going to a Comicon with a sign saying "Comics are stupid, romance novels are better" and then complaining that you get a negative reception. What did you expect? Why did you go to a place filled with enthusiasts to try and spread your message that you knew would be received negatively by that group? What are you trying to prove?

Like this is some severe victim blaming shit. The Heiskanen thing is because people in a Dahlin thread think Dahlin is better? If you don't bring up Heiskanen in the Dahlin thread in the first place nobody even comments on which tier the two are in, relative to each other. This is 100% the fault of people who decided to invade the Dahlin thread with Heiskanen talk. If Dahlin fans are to blame by saying Dahlin is in a different tier the why isn't every thread which is supposed to be solely about Heiskanen filled with comments about Dahlin? Oh right, it's because we talk about Dahlin in the Dahlin threads.

Last edited:

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Don't want people to say they like Dahlin better? Maybe don't go into a thread created to talk specifically about Dahlin and start **** by telling everyone Heiskanen is better? Seriously, this is like going to a Comicon with a sign saying "Comics are stupid, romance novels are better" and then complaining that you get a negative reception. What did you expect? Why did you go to a place filled with enthusiasts to try and spread your message that you knew would be received negatively by that group? What are you trying to prove?

Like this is some severe victim blaming ****. The Heiskanen thing is because people in a Dahlin thread think Dahlin is better? If you don't bring up Heiskanen in the Dahlin thread in the first place nobody even comments on which tier the two are in, relative to each other. This is 100% the fault of people who decided to invade the Dahlin thread with Heiskanen talk.
I'm just fine with people saying whatever they say about Dahlin or Heiskanen, as long as they are fine with my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion after all.

And I get it that prospect threads are not the place for these discussions but people should also remember that it always takes two to tango.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

If you honestly don't think Nill would trade Heiskanen(along with some other pieces) for a fully signed Karlsson, then yeah... Good luck with that.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I'm just fine with people saying whatever they say about Dahlin or Heiskanen, as long as they are fine with my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion after all.

And I get it that prospect threads are not the place for these discussions but people should also remember that it always takes two to tango.

No you clearly don't know this is not the place because you keep going, and no, it doesn't "take two to tango". This is clear when you look at the Heiskanen prospect thread compared to the Dahlin one. This is literally 100% one sided. I just checked the Heiskanen thread and the latest 5 pages only have any mention of Dahlin by Dallas/Heiskanen fans and only to say Heiskanen is better. This is literally 100% one sided.

Spread your opinion all you'd like, in the Heiskanen thread where it belongs.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
No you clearly don't know this is not the place because you keep going, and no, it doesn't "take two to tango". This is clear when you look at the Heiskanen prospect thread compared to the Dahlin one. This is literally 100% one sided. I just checked the Heiskanen thread and the latest 5 pages only have any mention of Dahlin by Dallas/Heiskanen fans and only to say Heiskanen is better. This is literally 100% one sided.

Spread your opinion all you'd like, in the Heiskanen thread where it belongs.
Look back 4 months more and you'll see where it all the started. There are bunch of Dahlin discussion in the Heiskanen thread from people who couldn't believe their eyes that Heiskanen would be just as good as Dahlin. Maybe not recently as much as there used to be but you are definately wrong with this debate being 100% one sided.

Now let's do everyone a favor leave this who started and who keeps it going crap here. This is not kindergarten after all.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008

He’s clearly looking at Eichel. People do realize that eyes are able to move in the eye sockets. Head straight ahead, eyes looking left. Also had the quick left head turn at the end to fixate on target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad