LD Rasmus Dahlin (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
He’s clearly looking at Eichel. People do realize that eyes are able to move in the eye sockets. Head straight ahead, eyes looking left. Also had the quick left head turn at the end to fixate on target.
Sure that's why it took every player on the ice including eichel by surprise. Because he was looking right at him.:rolleyes:

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Sure that's why it took every player on the ice including eichel by surprise. Because he was looking right at him.:rolleyes:
Didn’t say it wasn’t deceptive, just that it wasn’t no look as claimed. Reading comprehension is your friend.;)

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
This is so ****ing frustrating. Kid is the best 18 year old hockey player on the planet and the entire thread is being dominated by insecure Dallas fans whining. about their guy. Maybe Sabres fans should flood the Heiskanen thread just to **** on him for 20 pages?

Winnipeg Jets fan with no horse in this race...

But this quote seems pretty accurate..

What is wrong with the Dallas fanbase that they need to do this?

Reactions: Slimmy

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm

I dont think it would be that noticable if it only was the Stars fans, but finns (not all) on this site seem to have made some kind of uprising, flooding all threads with weird finnish names. They have a huuuuge little brother complex to the rest of the world

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
I dont think it would be that noticable if it only was the Stars fans, but finns (not all) on this site seem to have made some kind of uprising, flooding all threads with weird finnish names. They have a huuuuge little brother complex to the rest of the world
Dahlin was hyped to be generational D man. People take note if he isn't the best rookie D man.

Red Solo Cup

Jul 17, 2018

Yea I was about to say that this strikes me as more of a finn vs swede thing than a fan base thing.

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon

To be fair same happened on Heiskanen thread which was flooded with Dahlin / Buffalo fans at some point :)

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010

I like that type of posters though because they bring a funny/comedic element where you don't really know how much is serious and/or if there's a certain amount of tongue-in-cheekishness involved. As a Swede I also appreciate a certain type of Finnish humor that can sometimes be hard to understand or catch if you haven't been introduced to it properly.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Personally, I love the swedish-finnish rivalry in hockey. Nothing better than defeating the swedes in the international tournaments.

I also wish the Finns would stop flooding this thread with those negative comments about Dahlin. Gives other finnish posters here a bad name.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Just once I’m hoping to come to this thread and not read about the other defenceman who is going to be great as well but will be irrelevant to Dahlin down the road.

Can we talk about the player? Or are we just gonna have a dick measuring contest all year?

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Just once I’m hoping to come to this thread and not read about the other defenceman who is going to be great as well but will be irrelevant to Dahlin down the road.

Can we talk about the player? Or are we just gonna have a dick measuring contest all year?
finns and star fans are so insecure about their terrible team / players

Reactions: deVolt

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Zach Bogosian? That's some great company....

For real though, the NHL needs to stop promoting all these 'lesser', non-important records. See em all the time regarding Elias for example. Gets watered down pretty hard.

I agree. I hate when they are like "First 19 year old forward with an October birthday in 28 years to have 30 points consisting of exactly 10 goals and 20 assists within his first 28 games while playing more tuesday games than any other team". Who cares?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Three things jump out to me about Dahlin.

Skating - he’s one of the best skating D in the entire league already. Other guys have faster breakaway speed, but he’s incredibly efficient and so good on his edges. His skating is so elusive that he can just make guys mis read what he’s doing all the time.

Skill/Hands - His hands are superb, he can stick handle in a phone booth and again is one of the best D already in terms of puck skills. He’s so creative with what he does out there, and never ever has to look down at the puck.

Hockey IQ - Reads the game so much differently then most players, he’s not Connor McDavid where he’s processing the play a million miles per second. He’s more of a guy so can hang on the puck and just wait guys out and use patience to his advantage.

The biggest weakness right now for him is that he shoots the puck like an 18 year old, but no question in my mind this is a franchise Dman and one of the best U20 D to ever play in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->