LD Miro Heiskanen (2017, 3rd, DAL) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He was so good at the beginning of the season but it's crazy how much he has improved even since then.

Reactions: Gsus

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
This kid has been as good if not better than I expected. So, am I surprised? :huh:

Let’s say I am not even surprised to be a bit surprised. :DD
Since Miro Heiskanen is the best Finnish dman ever; and you saw those traits pretty early on. My fav player among Finladers. Clever, smart, skilled, cerebral, even smarter; skates like it was breathing; can shoot and pass, has that fine Lidstrom esque ability to steal the puck like a candy from an infant toddler and what else - a fine young man in general.

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
This kid has been as good if not better than I expected. So, am I surprised? :huh:

Let’s say I am not even surprised to be a bit surprised. :DD
Since Miro Heiskanen is the best Finnish dman ever; and you saw those traits pretty early on. My fav player among Finladers. Clever, smart, skilled, cerebral, even smarter; skates like it was breathing; can shoot and pass, has that fine Lidstrom esque ability to steal the puck like a candy from an infant toddler and what else - a fine young man in general.
Hmmmm...Rautakallio, Numminen etc. were quite good.

So best ever is quite harsh at this point of his career...

MaV

Jun 23, 2002
How is he playing overall, not just points wise? -5 in last three games and the turnover on Sharks 2nd goal doesn't look nice (although a great play by Karlsson). He is asked to try to contribute more offensively or is it just normal fluctuation on stats?

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
How is he playing overall, not just points wise? -5 in last three games and the turnover on Sharks 2nd goal doesn't look nice (although a great play by Karlsson). He is asked to try to contribute more offensively or is it just normal fluctuation on stats?
Well, my son, the team keeps losing. And he plays the biggest minutes. So yeah, minuses will come. The kid is elite defensively. Positioning and stick play are on a very high level.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
^I wonder how long Modano's point streak was back then? Either way it looks like Miro's going to be cracking the record books this season with Dallas.....although a franchise record of 17 points is a tad underwhelming. :laugh:

Reactions: Kcb12345

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
He was so good at the beginning of the season but it's crazy how much he has improved even since then.
Yeah he straight came in top 4 ready and is now showing he is more than capable of top pairing minutes and we have hit Christmas yet. Honestly think he looks even better once Kling is back since he will more than likely be on the "2nd pairing" allowing him to feast now that his offence has started to come into its own

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
He is better defensively than offensively. It's just our forwards refuse to get in scoring areas so we tend to get beat in shots and that ends up in losses.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah he straight came in top 4 ready and is now showing he is more than capable of top pairing minutes and we have hit Christmas yet. Honestly think he looks even better once Kling is back since he will more than likely be on the "2nd pairing" allowing him to feast now that his offence has started to come into its own

We legitimately have 2 #1 dmen now and im loving every bit of it. At times I kinda forgot about Klingberg while Heiskanen has been dominating but then I remember he is still coming back and that we will have 1 of these 2 on the ice almost all game long...wow. So pumped for the next several years at least of icing these 2 dmen

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I remember that Duncan Keith quote from 2 or 3 years ago where they asked why he is so effective offensively, and what advice he has for younger d-man.

Essentially he said just get the shot through with quick wristers or snap shots, and don't spend too much time worrying or practicing the slap shot as the players are too good now a days at getting into lanes and blocking shots.
You can see when he shoots it isn't his stick very long. Very good release.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I feel for Philadelphia. Patrick was probably the right pick at #2 but they got the short end of the stick there. It's likely New Jersey, Dallas, Colorado and Vancouver all came out with superior players.

It's tough knowing that Patrick has already peaked at age 20.

It's just like when the Flyers blew their 2011 first rounder on Couturier. You could tell after one and a half seasons that he was basically a bust.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It's tough knowing that Patrick has already peaked at age 20.

It's just like when the Flyers blew their 2011 first rounder on Couturier. You could tell after one and a half seasons that he was basically a bust.

He's not saying Patrick is a bust. He probably should not have been taken at 2nd overall is all he is saying. Even if he turns into Couturier

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Hmmmm...Rautakallio, Numminen etc. were quite good.

So best ever is quite harsh at this point of his career...

Sure. And yes: My memory fails to serve me well; it often seems to use the ”cache” only while also deleting its temporary contents pretty frequently, especially during weekends.

In other words, I might be premature here, yet my inner highlight reel store is small in size, loopy in structure and self-repetitive in action with no explicit reference to the general past nor past defense men of high stature.

I hope I made myself clear and got my point clarified. I live mainly in the present and my present might give a slightly premature if not immature impression if considered through historical perspective, within ackowledged critical frameworks and faculties of mind.

Then again, there is a case to be made this is the case nevertheless, in predicitive terms.

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
Sure. And yes: My memory fails to serve me well; it often seems to use the ”cache” only while also deleting its temporary contents pretty frequently, especially during weekends.

In other words, I might be premature here, yet my inner highlight reel store is small in size, loopy in structure and self-repetitive in action with no explicit reference to the general past nor past defense men of high stature.

I hope I made myself clear and got my point clarified. I live mainly in the present and my present might give a slightly premature if not immature impression if considered through historical perspective, within ackowledged critical frameworks and faculties of mind.

Then again, there is a case to be made this is the case nevertheless, in predicitive terms.
No problemo.
He is most promising prospect for sure.

Reactions: Loffer

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
For those questioning his +/-, his -2 last night was a result of turnovers by teammates. One was on the opposite side of the ice from him and the other was after Heiskanen passed it to a teammate up the side wall who proceeded to turn it over at the blue line. Neither one were his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad