LD Miro Heiskanen (2017, 3rd, DAL) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Watched him for the first time vs. Colorado last night, and he's definitely got some great hands. He got walked like 3-4 times by COLs top line, but so have many D this year. His poise is great for his age, very active stick for a young player.

I don’t think he’s ever played against such strong and fast players. That might have caught him off guard a bit, and honestly, the whole team was getting walked by them all game.

You guys are lucky to have a reliable first line right now :laugh:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Watched him for the first time vs. Colorado last night, and he's definitely got some great hands. He got walked like 3-4 times by COLs top line, but so have many D this year. His poise is great for his age, very active stick for a young player.

Good learning experience for the kid. His way of defending usually involves letting player skate past him a bit so he can do a sweeping poke check to knock the puck away, but that's not gonna work against super speed and power players like MacKinnon. Luckily that happened last night so he can have time to adjust for facing McDavid on Tuesday lol. Miro knows he needs to get stronger though so at least theres that

For now against power and speed players like that I hope he just stays in front of them rather than doing what he did against MacKinnon

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Changing the defensman on the powerplay can really mess things up. For example Hedman was injured for us earlier so Mcdonagh took his place and even though he is a great player the zone entries just didn't work out anywhere near as well.

You didn't get the message?

Brilliant hockey player. Abysmal PP player. Always his biggest problems with the Rangers. That and injuring his own teammates incidentally.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
One uncharasteristic turnover by him on the PP but solid game otherwise with one goal and he was close to getting an assist on the GWG since he forced the turnover at his own blueline which eventually turned into 2vs1 for the Stars.

He seems to have quite a smart wrister on the blueline, I just wish people would start putting those rebounds/deflections in.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
One uncharasteristic turnover by him on the PP but solid game otherwise with one goal and he was close to getting an assist on the GWG since he forced the turnover at his own blueline which eventually turned into 2vs1 for the Stars.

He seems to have quite a smart wrister on the blueline, I just wish people would start putting those rebounds/deflections in.
Well, even that turnover was quite unfortunate, too. Not the biggest mistake.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Well, even that turnover was quite unfortunate, too. Not the biggest mistake.

I find it best to just ignore anything that goes on on the Stars PP lol. It's so embarrassingly bad (3 other players fanned on that puck earlier in that shift on wide open passing and shooting lanes, it was awful). The play on the powerplay has been like that for a while now and it's far and away the worst it has been in years upon years for Dallas. Its unwatchable

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
He deserves his own brand of beer.

He***kin Lager Beer
Premium Quality

Someone please photoshop, if not illegal.

Dallas stars logo replacing red star on beer bottle

Heiskanen not He***kin
est. 1999 not 1893 (year born)
alc. 4% not 5% (jersey number)

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
currently my #2 for Calder, ahead of Dahlin, he's been damn impressive this year, just doesn't have the recent #1 hype machine behind him
Dont say that....
You are just biased fin/dal that knows nothing from hockey...

But yes.
Heiskanen has been better in most of games I have seen them playing.
About 6 from both.
To me its clear Heiskanen is more mature in many ways.
Dahlin is damn good but hype rises his stock way to mutch.

That said Dahlin might develop to be better player. Ofcourse, but now Heiskanen is better.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Dont say that....
You are just biased fin/dal that knows nothing from hockey...

But yes.
Heiskanen has been better in most of games I have seen them playing.
About 6 from both.
To me its clear Heiskanen is more mature in many ways.
Dahlin is damn good but hype rises his stock way to mutch.

That said Dahlin might develop to be better player. Ofcourse, but now Heiskanen is better.
This is a rollercoaster of a post. :huh:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Craig Button on Miro Heiskanen:

"I'm really careful in this regard," Button said, "but he has a style and comportment that Nicklas Lidstrom had. He takes you off the puck. You don't even realize you don't have it anymore. He's like a surgeon where you don't even feel the cut of the scalpel. There's never going to be another Nicklas Lidstrom. But he's Lidstrom-esque."

Miro Heiskanen's Texas-sized expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad