LD Jake Walman (2014, 82nd, STL)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
If he gets the invite to camp he will make the team. He will also be a top 4 guy if HC looks past politics.

I am unsure if he will make the team if hes invited to team Canada unfortunately(haven't seen him live, just on TV but team Canada potentials are just way too deep). Just out of the WHL, people are pencilling in Hicketts, Sanheim and Fleury as locks and some even pencil in Juulsen too. That's not even mentioning the OHL/QMJHL guys. The coach of the team is a WHL coach and is very familiar with these guys and I truly wouldn't be surprised to see 4 dmen from the WHL on this team.

Walman would be coming in as a darkhorse and would need to have the best camp of his life to get consideration. Team Canada could have an extremely solid d core and there are going to be a ton of guys left off this team that could very easily make it.

As I said the coach is very familiar with the WHL guys and even if they have a quieter camp, I can still see them making the team just due to familiarity from seeing them non stop for a few years. Walman will have to come in and have a real impressive first impression on the coaches to get consideration if hes invited. I mean the possibility is there but he's going to have to absolutely knock their socks off. Cause I am sure Team Canada people have already had a ton of meetings and sort of have the team picked. And that obviously didn't include Walman on it cause I assume they figured he wasn't an option

But if he can help Canada win gold and is a strong asset, then Id gladly like to see him on the team!!!

Last edited:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Does anyone have any idea of how long the appeals process will take? Is it completely out of the question he isn't able to play for USA?

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Does anyone have any idea of how long the appeals process will take? Is it completely out of the question he isn't able to play for USA?

From what I understand, the U.S. already appealed and lost.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
D Jake Walman providence college 3rd r 84th /2014 Blues

Does anyone have input on him he is just killing it Providence gp 14 g11 a 8 pts 19 excellent box scores for 19 year old dman. Out scoring Mark Jankowski

Last edited by a moderator:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
whats the chances he leaves NCAA after this season and signs with Blues?... any rumors out there?

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
He adds another goal and assist tonight. Picked up where he left off after the injury.

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
He had a fantastic year before he got sidelined with an injury that held him out for the remainder of the season.
He finished with 28 pts in 27 games which was 4th in the NCAA for drafted d-men (and playing roughly 10 less games than others).
He had the highest points per game of all NCAA d-men.

Next year will be the telling year for Walman to see if he can duplicate this year's production or even increase it. Many times in the NCAA players have one-off years that are an anomaly.

Nealssens

Jun 5, 2013
How does he compare to fellow STL D prospect Vince Dunn, Ive heard alot about Walman's year and what he was able to do while healthy. Ive seen Dunn play a few times and he has always impressed me

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Walman was one of 3 Blues players selected to the NHLPA Rookie Showcase Aug. 28 in Toronto. Can't wait to see how he performs against top competition in his age range.

He looked great in the 15 AHL games (7 regular season + 8 playoff) he played in at the end of last season, scoring 4G+2A and finishing a +2. Really excited to see what he can do in a full season. His skating is flat out elite. Legit top 4 potential.

Plays like this @2:38 impressed the hell out of me:

Worth noting, this ^^^ was in the playoffs and it was only Walman's 12th ever professional game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad