No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I cant believe Blues have both him and Dunn

GmS02pT.png

that amateur scouting staff tho...:naughty:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I never got clarification on that chart, if "amateur" means the scouts they have dedicated to scouting junior, or if they're just amateur scouts staffed by the org.

"Amateur" vs "Professional" on that chart refer to the LEAGUE, not the scout. "Amateur" scouts are professional scouts employed by the organization that scout amateur leagues.

Why the hell would an organization pay money to some random amateur guy to scout for them?

Although, I guess if a team paid an amateur to scout for them, he'd be a professional by definition...:laugh:

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
"Amateur" vs "Professional" on that chart refer to the LEAGUE, not the scout. "Amateur" scouts are professional scouts employed by the organization that scout amateur leagues.

Why the hell would an organization pay money to some random amateur guy to scout for them?

Although, I guess if a team paid an amateur to scout for them, he'd be a professional by definition...:laugh:

I was under the impression that teams do have unpaid (ie:amateur) scouts that work lower leagues for them, hence my confusion.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Got to really watch him closely yesterday at the prospect tourney. Kid oozes offensive skills, he had to have 3 or 4 pts in 1 game. His shot and IQ are excellent. Looks like a much better skating left handed Shattenkirk

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Got to really watch him closely yesterday at the prospect tourney. Kid oozes offensive skills, he had to have 3 or 4 pts in 1 game. His shot and IQ are excellent. Looks like a much better skating left handed Shattenkirk

Are you in Traverse City?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is he still developing well or has his stock dropped? He was one of the most talked about prospects in hockey at one point. He got into an NHL game this year. I know St. Louis has a lot of depth on defense. Is that the reason he hasn't played more in the NHL yet?

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Is he still developing well or has his stock dropped? He was one of the most talked about prospects in hockey at one point. He got into an NHL game this year. I know St. Louis has a lot of depth on defense. Is that the reason he hasn't played more in the NHL yet?

Most talked about prospect? Sure man.

He is 24 and struggling in the AHL. He is just not good enough.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Most talked about prospect? Sure man.

He is 24 and struggling in the AHL. He is just not good enough.

Walman was one of the biggest casualties of the Blues not having an AHL-team in 17/18 and consequently saw him being loaned to the Devils-affiliate where, if I recall correctly, he mostly played on the third pairing on his offside. If he wasn't beched, that is. That really hurt his development and pushed him back in his development quite a bit. He wasn't able to immediatly bounce back and had a mediocre 18/19 season. I kinda thought he was done, but he's done really well this season improving his stock and even earning a game in the big league. He still needs to improve his defensive awareness, but he's a great skater and has a great shot.

I think he could still turn out to be a decent offensive defenceman in the NHL in a sheltered role, however I don't think it's going to happen with the Blues as Perunovich and Mikkola are probably higher up in the pecking order. Apparantly some teams have inquired about him so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded for a forward or a righthanded defenseman-prospect who's burried behind a logjam. Or a low pick.

It still makes you wonder though, what if the Blues still had their own AHL-franchise in 17/18 and didn't had the competition of Vegas/Avalanche/Devils prospects that HAD to play? Remember, at the start of the 17/18-season it was basicly a coin toss who would make the Blues, him or Vince Dunn, as they where really close skillwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dux917

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad