Post-Game Talk: LB sets Record in Debut but the Oilers ruin it

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Was I the only one who thought Yak looked great tonight? Our only threat offensively. I have no clue why we keep trying Taylor Hall at center, even for a few games, just pointless.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
LB really impressed me. He made a lot of saves that Scrivens and Fasth wouldn't bother trying to make. Incredibly athletic and fast. Does a great job of keeping his pads in the right position. Wasn't once caught cheating.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I agree, but the point is a 22 year old kid should not be shouldering 22:00 of ****ing ice time. That's absolutely insane.

It is insane, but when you're missing 4 of the top 6 dmen you started the year with due to injury (Ference, Nikitin, Fayne) or trade (Petry), it's inevitable that someone is going to get overburdened.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
It is insane, but when you're missing 4 of the top 6 dmen you started the year with due to injury (Ference, Nikitin, Fayne) or trade (Petry), it's inevitable that someone is going to get overburdened.

yeah well, im sure most of the d will be back next season. Why else would schultz be a norris and nikitin a top four d man? Just checked how Petry's doing, and I'm even more furious. We got picks for him! WOO. ****ing christ.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Was I the only one who thought Yak looked great tonight? Our only threat offensively. I have no clue why we keep trying Taylor Hall at center, even for a few games, just pointless.

With Gordon, RNH and even Hendricks out it doesn't leave a lot of options though.

I suppose you could put Lander up there I guess, but then who centers the 3rd line?

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
Why the **** would he not get the start next time out, let him get some experience here, Fasth is obviously not going to be back here next year.

If Fasth is healthy they have to activate him. LB is up on emergency basis, even if they wanted to play him they couldn't

Just like if Fayne plays, Musil has to go down. Any forward plays other than tonight's line up. Hamilton goes down. :nod:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Meh keep Hall at C for now.

These games mean nothing, if he can become at least reasonably adept at the position it's not a bad luxury to have a winger that can move in to play C now and again in a pinch.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
These games are such a hodge podge of AHL players and line shuffling that you really can't view them as anything else but what they are... garbage games where at best you just watch a few prospects given a cup of coffee to see how they play at the NHL level.

I'm sure visions of golf tournaments and Caribbean vacations are dancing in many player's heads and putting any sustained effort into these games isn't top priority for many.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Good news is that Rishaug doesn't expect a very active this summer from the Oilers, so more of the same next year is all but guaranteed, except with a few younger players thrown out there. What a season.

Oh yeah, MacT's Oilers need to pick up two points on Saturday to surpass Tambellini's lowest point total of 62. Yes, five years after finishing 30th the first time, this year's team is most likley going to have an even lower total.

Don't worry. MacT doesn't have to do anything this offseason. Broissoit has shown that he can be a #1 goalie and Nurse will be able to step onto the first pairing with ease next season. The media will of course pump their tires (as well as whoever we draft) in the offseason and the thousands of suckers will buy tickets because they believe that these new young kids will lead us to the promised land. Rinse Repeat. Rinse Repeat.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
The kid makes 49 saves and everyone else in front, besides Yakupov decides it's not in their interest to try and win it for him. Seriously, **** this team.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
How was Hamilton?

I actually thought he had a solid debut. Bad start getting the 5 min penalty on his first shift, but after that he seemed to use his size effectively. Credited with 4 hits in 8 minutes of ice time. I dunno if he'll ever amount to anything, but I'd qualify him again this summer no question.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
The kid makes 49 saves and everyone else in front, besides Yakupov decides it's not in their interest to try and win it for him. Seriously, **** this team.

Ineffectiveness can be mistaken for apathy

It's more likely they couldn't get anything done in the game than it is that they weren't putting in the effort.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Ineffectiveness can be mistaken for apathy

It's more likely they couldn't get anything done in the game than it is that they weren't putting in the effort.

With this sad sack of **** also known as the Oilers, I wouldn't count out the level of "give up," in these players.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
This game would have been 8 - 1 if Scrivens was in net. Good on LB for playing a great game

Looking at our line up tonight made we want to vomit. We are five years into the rebuild and this is the best roster we can ice. Injuries or not that is just pathetic. To top it off Calgary makes the playoffs in year two of their rebuild and look miles ahead of us.

I've been a hockey fan since I watched Montreal win the cup in 93 when I was 9 years old. I never got to live the glory days of the Oil. I loved the team in the 90's watching them battle Dallas and Colorado every year. Was heartbroken when we lost in 2006

But I just don't really care these days. My son won't watch hockey with me even though he'll come to my rec games. He's watched maybe 10 games and we've maybe won 2 of them. It's not fun to watch. I don't even know why I do it anymore. I hope my son will come to love the game like I do, but it doesn't look like it will be because of watching his home team.

I'm sure I'll be back next year, but until every member of management is fired and there are major changes to the on ice product it will be with a very short leash. I don't want to feel this way about hockey anymore.

McDeathbyCheerios*

This game would have been 8 - 1 if Scrivens was in net. Good on LB for playing a great game

Looking at our line up tonight made we want to vomit. We are five years into the rebuild and this is the best roster we can ice. Injuries or not that is just pathetic. To top it off Calgary makes the playoffs in year two of their rebuild and look miles ahead of us.

I've been a hockey fan since I watched Montreal win the cup in 93 when I was 9 years old. I never got to live the glory days of the Oil. I loved the team in the 90's watching them battle Dallas and Colorado every year. Was heartbroken when we lost in 2006

But I just don't really care these days. My son won't watch hockey with me even though he'll come to my rec games. He's watched maybe 10 games and we've maybe won 2 of them. It's not fun to watch. I don't even know why I do it anymore. I hope my son will come to love the game like I do, but it doesn't look like it will be because of watching his home team.

I'm sure I'll be back next year, but until every member of management is fired and there are major changes to the on ice product it will be with a very short leash. I don't want to feel this way about hockey anymore.
I feel similar.

I don't want to care unless MacT is gone or Nelson is back with a #1 goaltender and a #1 d

Real_Estate-Agent

Sep 12, 2006
Edmonton

But I just don't really care these days. My son won't watch hockey with me

It's over - it's finished - Katz has his money with a free arena paid for by Edmonton taxpayers - he does not care.

The next generation - that will supposedly pay for tickets - they are gone - no desire to spend their money to watch games.

Board Gordon

Light Up The World
Jun 13, 2014
I think it says a lot when these boards are dead after games. If people who post here don't a give a funk, imagine casual fans.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
There is honestly nothing to look forward to right now.

The only thing to look forward to is a big improvement to our roster. Our management team so far have shown that they don't have the acum or cajones to make timely deals or sell high.

Or even good deals.

So trust is gone there.

The other exciting thing would be to win the lottery. Again, even with a McJesus, we have ways to go.

Third would be a clean up of management. I don't predict that to happen.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Please get an NHL level defence. We have a nice goaltending prospect here that could actually be a legit goalie, but he'll never be able to succeed without a real d core.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I said it when we made the trade. Brossoit was worth it. He will be a beauty and our Savior in a few years
Oh God I hope that is true.
If Klefbom and Brossoit can pan out for this club we are half way to solving our problems.
It would make it a bit sweeter to have robbed him off the Flames for a broken down Smid (sorry Ladi, still love ya even though you were a shell of yourself by the end).
Milhouse is that you?
lol. Interesting that TradeRumors takes so much heat for his comment while other much more prolific posters will wax eloquent in post after post about the Flames and that seems to be OK with the board :dunno:
Me too I've liked him better all year. Under Eakins it seemed played so freaking bad every start he got but under Nelson he was actually playing really well until his injury. He's just more talented than Scriv.
I'd be shocked if Fasth was back. He's a walking injury. Guys who can't stay healthy are useless in this league. He also couldn't have done himself any favors with the bench blowups. We all know how Oiler big brains like to get embarrassed on TV. :sarcasm:
way to lay and gigantic crap one last time in front of your fans Oilers
You think that's the last time you'll see the Daryl Katz Oilers take a big crap at Rexall?

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Very happy to see Brossoit play lights out. 52 shots against is way too much but I'm not going to panic considering they had 4 AHL defenders (+ Schultz) in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad