Post-Game Talk: LB sets Record in Debut but the Oilers ruin it

McDeathbyCheerios*

Jonathan Willis ‏@JonathanWillis 13s14 seconds ago

In his third career NHL game, David Musil led all #Oilers with 22:00 of ice time.

Go out and get some ****ing defensemen, MacT.
Musil actually had a pretty good game and worked his ass off. It was nice to see

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
It's depressing thinking about Schultz playing top 2 minutes on this team next year. He's epitomizes everything that is the Oilers these days. Weak, sloppy, poor effort, a kitty cat, the list is endless. MacT's arrogance/stubbornness will resign him to an inflated contract though. Turn him into a winger or get rid of this guy.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
All I have to say is WTF was Schultz thinking? He falls, and then decides to pass it out in front to freaking Marleau? Bat the ****ing puck the other way!

Schultz is a disaster. He did the same thing a couple weeks ago against Col, literally passed the puck to Tanguay right in front of our net.

He shouldn't be playing D, the guy completely lacks any defensive ability. He should be a winger, preferably on another team.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Schultz is just the worst because yeah hes godawful, but you just know as soon as the Oilers move him he will turn his career around somewhere else, presumably averaging career PPG against Edmonton.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
No d-man worth his salt is going to waive a NTC to come to Edmonton, so the Oilers already thin at RD now with Petry gone have no option but to re-up Schultz.

Unless they want to rush Nurse (and maybe even Hanifin, lol) into the line up.

McDeathbyCheerios*

No d-man worth his salt is going to waive a NTC to come to Edmonton, so the Oilers already thin at RD now with Petry gone have no option but to re-up Schultz.

Depends. A good d that has been hidden due to depth might come here cause he knows he will make a big impact and play big minutes right away. And big money.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
All I have to say is WTF was Schultz thinking? He falls, and then decides to pass it out in front to freaking Marleau? Bat the ****ing puck the other way!

I would not even keep Schultz. He is a liability. Give him ten minutes and he will be liability. I would have no problem letting him go for free. He is not N asset to me.he is a hindrance

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

The team's lack of depth has no bearing on whether Nurse(and maybe Hanifin) get rushed into the line up.

We all know Mact wants to rush those guys into the lineup. They've probably already got a whiteboard up in the Oiler offices with Nurse already penciled in for next year, along with Drai and whoever they draft this year.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012

Trade for Braun, if SJS are doing a rebuild he's a really good target both contract $ wise and ability to play tough comp. We have the assets as well as far as picks etc are concerned.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
depth, structure, competent veterans, legit superstars, heart, grit, capable defencemen, goaltenders... all things the Oilers have little to none of right now. After 5+ years. With the worst management group in the league at the helm.

I am a bitter, bitter man. If I had spent this time watching the Oilers doing something even moderately more productive I could've have my MBA by now, mastered guitar and be in amazing physical shape. Those are only 3 things...

McDeathbyCheerios*

Trade for Braun, if SJS are doing a rebuild he's a really good target both contract $ wise and ability to play tough comp. We have the assets as well as far as picks etc are concerned.
Braun and Burns. Except have Burns as that power forward we need.

Marincin, 1st, 2nd for Braun and Burns

Sign say... Even Oduya..

Hall - Lander - Burns

Oduya - Braun

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
CALGARY MADE THE PLAYOFFS

and your team ****ed up the best goaltending performance of the season and ruined your only goalie prospect's NHL debut.

Fire the ****ing clowns in the pressbox Katz, you ****ing coward!

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
The idiots up above need to sit down after the draft and choose who they are going with.

They have to pick those guys and try moving the other "core plauers" for D, etc.

Make a friggin plan

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Me too I've liked him better all year. Under Eakins it seemed played so freaking bad every start he got but under Nelson he was actually playing really well until his injury. He's just more talented than Scriv.

After Eakins was fired, Fasth put up an .886 SV%... which is worse than under Eakins. Scrivens put up an .884 SV%, while playing a crazy workload. It's negligible. I'd rather the goalie everyone likes, who isn't always hurt, and who doesn't have a major attitude issue

McDeathbyCheerios*

The idiots up above need to sit down after the draft and choose who they are going with.

They have to pick those guys and try moving the other "core plauers" for D, etc.

Make a friggin plan
Yep. Move Eberle or Hall for a legit top pairing guy and try and sign a winger of the Pouliot mould to replace the guy we traded.

McDeathbyCheerios*

After Eakins was fired, Fasth put up an .886 SV%... which is worse than under Eakins. Scrivens put up an .884 SV%, while playing a crazy workload. It's negligible. I'd rather the goalie everyone likes, who isn't always hurt, and who doesn't have a major attitude issue
I'd rather the guy who doewnt have constant flash backs of his last diving competition

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

Make a friggin plan

They have a plan - draft players and wait 5 years.

They haven't exactly been tight lipped with what they are planning to do.

psowrc

Feb 21, 2015
Schultz is a disaster. He did the same thing a couple weeks ago against Col, literally passed the puck to Tanguay right in front of our net.

He shouldn't be playing D, the guy completely lacks any defensive ability. He should be a winger, preferably on another team.

So I'm sitting at the Ducks/Oilers game last week in Anaheim...guy leans over to me and asks "why do the Ducks' fans boo Schultz?". My response - "you should be cheering for the guy since he has single handidly cost the Oilers several games this year. You should be happy that he chose not to play for the Ducks"...he chuckled.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
They need to turn over half the roster at least, get a top pairing defenseman and three top 4 d-men in general... a starting goaltender... bigger, harder veteran grit with scoring punch in the top 9.

The blue liners they have coming down the pipe and guys on the roster now are being thrown to the wolves with no one to properly mentor them. This will inevitably lead to damaged development. They can't expect to put together an entire team of drafted players, and they also cannot expect these young D-men to match if not surpass the developmental curves of the forwards...

The Oilers top line are heading into their prime years, after such a horrendous streak of losing for years already, one can't just hope to get a Doughty esque generational defenseman who will turn the tides and be ready to log 25-30 minutes a night in a tough WC within 3 years of entering the league.

Hanifin will not be the guy. Sure he may become a great player, but he won't catch/match up in time with the team needs. Neither will Klefbom or Nurse. Forget Schultz and Marincin to a degree, they are trade bait/goners altogether.

Trades absolutely have to happen and they will have to "lose a trade" to get what they so desperately need. If you think this group of players has a chance to win, give your damn head a shake. The "plan" has failed. It's a sad state of affairs but it's the position they're in.

First things first though, these dumb fans in Edmonton need to start a riot or do something to get these ****ing bums Running the show out of office. Stop spending money. Stop showing up. Get vocal. Spread the word. Get angry. Don't be apathetic/complacent.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad