Post-Game Talk: LB sets Record in Debut but the Oilers ruin it

Bangers

May 31, 2006
The difference with Sievens and Brossoit is Brossoit has played well pretty much everywhere he went. He never deviated from his "efficient but effective for his size" goaltending style.

Sievens, on the other hand, had Ranford correct his BS skills that he acquired while with Allaire and the Leafs [and thus, looked Holy during his LA stint], only to revert back to that ****** style because of Chabot and the "French blocking" style.

Two completely different scenarios.

By pretty much everywhere, you mean junior and the minors?

We should get Montoya, although the Rangers would never trade him.

dathockeydoe

@dathockeydoe
Feb 16, 2015
SK
As a hardcore Flames fan, it was tough to lose Brossoit. Flames have Jon Gillies and afterwards drafted Mason McDonald.

Still. He's proven himself at every level so far. Take care of him. You got a good one there.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Scrivens was a 26 year old journeyman goalie. LB has solid CHL and AHL stats. he shouldn't get recognition from 1 NHL game, it should be from his stellar AHL season. However unfortuantly people don't give him credit for that. All credit he is getting is deserved, just in a round about way

I would say his career is at a much, much better stage than Scrivens or Fasth at the same age.

Brossoit looks so natural and poised in net, Scrivens looks hyperactive and all over the place.

I was trying to think of the word that best describes him (from what we have seen last night and in many lower league games). And the word that describes what Scrivens lacks.

Poise. Thanks TopChowda.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
At least we know that MacT has crossed 'We need a goalie!!!!!!!!' off his list of to-do's for this summer.

lets just be thankful that musil didnt get 2 pts and a +3 rating or he may have scratched that off as well

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
How the Oilers choose to develop Nurse/Draisaitl/Brossoit/4th overall pick will have a massive impact on the Oilers on going future down the road.

We must finally develop a #1 D, #1-2 C with size and a #1 goalie. As we have seen in numerous cases, these guys are near impossible to get in trade or FA and are crucial to success

IMO it would be wise to have all 3 (or 4 if Hanifin) in the AHL next season. Let them develop and try out new things in the AHL. Then if one excels, bring them up full time

Even tho Nurse is looking amazing, still not sold on his offensive game. I think he has the tools to be a 35-45 point D, but still needs to get a bomb of a shot and become a bit more dynamic offensively. He can learn that in the AHL

McDeathbyCheerios*

By pretty much everywhere, you mean junior and the minors?

We should get Montoya, although the Rangers would never trade him.
Yes. Scrivens wasn't really that good in juniors and minors

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Can Pitlick just stay healthy? He's just a ball of energy that we sorely need in the bottom six.

My concern with him is that he seems incapable of playing the abrasive, physical style that he needs in order to make the NHL. Every time he starts to gain some traction, something on his body breaks.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
it is one game--

Exactly.

Yup...the kid did well...good for him...he should still be in the AHL next season.

Thank goodness this sad excuse for a season is almost over.

Next up...the Oilers annual draft lottery party....yea Oilers!!!!!

:help:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I agree, but the point is a 22 year old kid should not be shouldering 22:00 of ****ing ice time. That's absolutely insane.

I dont have a problem with it considering where we are in the season. He did well so it's a good experience.

To start next season we should at least attempt to put up a winning season so of course we shouldn't be shouldering that burden and pressure onto Musil of course

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Are we worrying about Musil having to log 22mins of ice time one game with Ference\Fayne\Nikitin etc out?
Klefbom is younger and has been doing that all season with all the 'regulars' in. Im sure both Musil and LB had a blast getting 'overworked' in NHL. Probably the best night of their lives.

edit: Klefbom is top 60 in league for TOI\GP @ 21:56\game.. Not bad for a rookie.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I was trying to think of the word that best describes him (from what we have seen last night and in many lower league games). And the word that describes what Scrivens lacks.

Poise. Thanks TopChowda.

Honestly when Scrivens was aquired that was one thing he had going for him too.

Poise comes from confidence in yourself and the others around you. When Ben got here he was still riding high from his stint in LA. This year we saw him get stomped from the word go.

Of course he should shoulder some blame, but I'm pretty sure even Price would have been shell shocked behind this defence and Eakins' "system".

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I don't even have anything to say. I'm tired of being constantly infuriated with this team. I'm tired of being dragged through the mud with this team year, after year, after year. Enough is enough. Darryl Katz, Kevin Lowe, Craig MacTavish, and the rest of the people in the organization that have contributed to the state of the team, have killed hockey for me. Time to move on from this team until the cancers are cut out.

Jun 22, 2009
Seeing as were not changing the D next year, maybe next year is finally the year Katz cans the OBC. I am so excited for the 2017 season!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad