Post-Game Talk: Laval 5 - 2 Binghamton: No Torch, No Loss.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Eric Tangradi. Reminds me of when we traded for him and sent Budaj and Patrick Holland to the Peg.

Good times. OK, not so good.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Tomorrow, another game against same team. May get chippier.

And it's at 3PM. So for a second straight week, Laval plays two games in less than 24 hours.

Although this time, they don't have to travel like they did last week (from Providence, RI to Hartford, CT). But Binghamton won't be traveling either. Should be fun.

But tomorrow's game won't be broadcast on TV. Only on AHL TV.

Reactions: groovejuice

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
You'd never see McCarron be able to take a player wide like that...

Never mind, hold on to the puck through the contact.

Last year, that bump would of sent McCarron sprawling onto the ice.

Noticeable improvements in speed, agility and balance.

Goes to show people how much skating can be improved. Even significantly. Its not a "have it or you dont" skill. Fast twitch muscle fibers are, but the rest is part of a good development plan.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And it's at 3PM. So for a second straight week, Laval plays two games in less than 24 hours.

Although this time, they don't have to travel like they did last week (from Providence, RI to Hartford, CT). But Binghamton won't be traveling either. Should be fun.

But tomorrow's game won't be broadcast on TV. Only on AHL TV.

Might be worth attending, instead. And then I'll probably end up at Indigo and Starbuck's for a few more hours.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Goes to show people how much skating can be improved. Even significantly. Its not a "have it or you dont" skill. Fast twitch muscle fibers are, but the rest is part of a good development plan.

Why don't they hire a full time skating coach with the Rocket (who can perform double duties with the Habs as needed), if results can be had so quickly? Doesn't everyone stand to gain?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
You'd never see McCarron be able to take a player wide like that...

Never mind, hold on to the puck through the contact.

Last year, that bump would of sent McCarron sprawling onto the ice.

Noticeable improvements in speed, agility and balance.

For sure, I commented about his improved skating previously. It was noticeable during exhibition games.

There's still work to be done. He's not able to or can't do those drives in the NHL. His speed isn't that great at that level.

However, a year of playing top 6 minutes, p.k. and p.p, working on face-offs and another summer of power skating and maybe he develops into an NHLer. His overall skills are better than DLR's.

It's a huge year for him. I think Bouchard will be good for him. SL played him with ECHL players. Bouchard is playing him with skill guys.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Why don't they hire a full time skating coach with the Rocket (who can perform double duties with the Habs as needed), if results can be had so quickly? Doesn't everyone stand to gain?

Dunno tbh.

With the money the Habs have, I would have a skills coach a la Belfry overseeing the AHL club and all my prospects + a high end skating instructor.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gervais was mentioning Bouchard's directives when it comes to hitting.

He wants his players to hit through the body, stick on stick so the player receiving the hit can't get around it.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Dunno tbh.

With the money the Habs have, I would have a skills coach a la Belfry overseeing the AHL club and all my prospects + a high end skating instructor.

Agreed. Habs should have a full-time skating coach and a full-time skills coach. It's ridiculous that they don't.

They employ goalie coaches for the NHL and AHL teams. It's no real difference.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Agreed. Habs should have a full-time skating coach and a full-time skills coach. It's ridiculous that they don't.

They employ goalie coaches for the NHL and AHL teams. It's no real difference.

Someone with a twitter account, add this as a question for Bergevin to answer. It'll stand out since most of the other comments are calling for Bergevin to resign. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So, whoever watches the game tomorrow, we should see McNiven in there -- goes without saying since it's a b2b.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Someone with a twitter account, add this as a question for Bergevin to answer. It'll stand out since most of the other comments are calling for Bergevin to resign. :laugh:

When's he doing that again?

I mean the Twitter questions worked out so well last time.... :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
When's he doing that again?

I mean the Twitter questions worked out so well last time.... :laugh:

He's doing one now. Don't forget to compliment him on his biceps:

If they don't pick your question, try Geoff's Like A Boss thingy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad