Post-Game Talk: Laval 5 - 2 Binghamton: No Torch, No Loss.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Good point about Lernout by the color guy (Bruno Gervais). He's less prone to get rid of the puck under pressure, in the sequence that just happened, he used his body to make a play from behind his own net rather than just shoot it out.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The thing he also needs to learn also is that he can actually skate. So he can move his way out of trouble sometimes.

All part of the longer grooming that most Ds require, whether it's for one thing or another.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
for some reason they haven't given Evans an assist yet on the boxscore but either way nice play by him there. He's going to get his assists as he can dish it.

Evans is coming off a major injury and wasn't able to train until mid August or so and then he got a concussion in the rookie tournament so I think it's ok to bring him along more slowly.

McCarron imo has been one of their best players, so he should be playing in the top 6, I still think he can be an NHLer but he has to have a big year to get his confidence going and just have to hope he doens't get the yo-yo treatment again.
I remember some posters were ready to throw in the towel in regards to the big Yank but I on the other hand was hoping they’d give him one more chance under the tutelage of Bouchard.....it seems to have paid dividends.

It’s still early but would t it be something to see him emerge as a bonafide bottom 6 NHLer!!!

Keep muckin away BigMac!!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Eric Tangradi, an ex-Hab, was just mentioned.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Am I the only one liking the fact we have so many big, physical players on 1 of our teams ?

And you guys are right, Bouchard assigning coherent and clear roles to some of those that were 'f***ed' by Sly is damn great to see, confidence is there and it shows.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I remember some posters were ready to throw in the towel in regards to the big Yank but I on the other hand was hoping they’d give him one more chance under the tutelage of Bouchard.....it seems to have paid dividends.

It’s still early but would t it be something to see him emerge as a bonafide bottom 6 NHLer!!!

Keep muckin away BigMac!!

He can also fill the role of screener during PPs -- Habs still don't have anyone to do that.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Am I the only one liking the fact we have so many big, physical players on 1 of our teams ?

And you guys are right, Bouchard assigning coherent and clear roles to some of those that were '****ed' by Sly is damn great to see, confidence is there and it shows.

I like the idea of grooming done right and how there is something to look forward to while our main team awaits reinforcements.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He can also fill the role of screener during PPs -- Habs still don't have anyone to do that.
Well they have Gallagher buuuuut......:laugh:

Thanks for the breakdown analysis of the game, unable to watch it so I’m checking in here from time to time on game progress.

Who needs Gervais when we have Runner breaking it down :)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just watched the replay in slo-mo and Ramage charged into Lindgren, pretty direct hit. Did nothing to avoid him.

There was a bit of pushback from Rocket players near the net but not enough -- Ramage should be taken to task.

Reactions: jaffy27

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just watched the replay in slo-mo and Ramage charged into Lindgren, pretty direct hit. Did nothing to avoid him.

There was a bit of pushback from Rocket players near the net but not enough -- Ramage should be taken to task.

He should be traded for. He's Rob Ramage's son.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What do you guys think about the Ramage sequence on Lindgren -- should it have been a penalty? I don't like when goalies are hit and where a player does nothing to avoid contact. Maybe it looked worse from my living room vs. watching it from the stands?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Games like tonight realy makes you wonder why we had to endure the Sly regime for so damn long. There's so much more tempo and intensity on the ice.

We basically ruined a whole batch of prospects thanks to that tenure.

Really liking what I'm seeing tonight. It just sucks knowing that McCarron could have been a good player with the right environment.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Really liking what I'm seeing tonight. It just sucks knowing that McCarron could have been a good player with the right environment.

Bouchard is one of the best moves to happen throughout Bergevin's tenure. It may even buy him a longer leash.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Bouchard is one of the best moves to happen throughout Bergevin's tenure. It may even buy him a longer leash.

It is. Bouchard was a great hire. He could have added to it with Barré-Boulet and adding a first round pick at the draft, but it was a much needed move that was long overdue.

But I hope it doesnt prolong anything. Another season without the playoffs and he's gone, imo.

Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

There’s still good in him, I can feel it....he’s not completely lost, we can still save him

29118d4bb5e2ad88fb159086ae8e746a.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->