PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Just for fun:

Lauzon — McAvoy
Reilly — Carlo
Forbort — Clifton

Trade Grzelcyk + DeBrusk in a deal for a center?

It's not an awful idea. I like Lauzon and I thought he was a victim of some bad luck that butchered his stats, both conventional and advanced.

Who's the target for center?

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I'll play along cause I hope it is true...Oscar Steen & Calgary's 3rd? Toss in Zboril too for all I care.

Lauzon can play either side, he can play third pair on the right side next to Reilly and then PK on the left side.

Screw it, let’s toss in Lysell and Lohrei right? For all I care...

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
It's not an awful idea. I like Lauzon and I thought he was a victim of some bad luck that butchered his stats, both conventional and advanced.

Who's the target for center?

That’s what smarter people need to decide. I think that Grzelcyk + DeBrusk + prospect + pick is a solid package though.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Thanks. Never seen them before so not aware. I’d welcome it for the right price. Not sure I’d do a 2nd.

He was a 2nd and he's a budding top 4D (hopefully)... And at least a solid 3rd pair guy at 24. I think that's absolutely worth a 2nd considering the chances a 2nd are impact players in the NHL is slim and Lauzy had already more or less made it. I'd love to give up less obviously but I'd make that deal.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
That’s what smarter people need to decide. I think that Grzelcyk + DeBrusk + prospect + pick is a solid package though.

Maybe just Grz for Dvorak? A top 4 D for a top 6 C sounds about right.

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Smith

Hall -- Dvo -- Pasta

DeBrusk -- Haula -- Coyle

Foligno -- Nosek -- Lazar

Freddie, Senyshyn coming off the bench

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Seattle has a better left side than we do:

Giordano
Oleksiak
Dunn
Soucy
H. Fleury
Chowloski
Lauzon

Lauzon is no better than the 6th best guy on just the left side, and one could easily argue, as I would, that he is #7, behind Chowloski. That means Seattle, and expansion team, could conceivable field two lineups, and Lauzon wouldn't make either one of them.

I believe Lauzon will not make the team, and Seattle will try to move him prior to putting him on waivers. That is the time to get him back for a mid-level prospect on an entry level deal that is not subject to waivers (e.g. Steen or Hall).

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Screw it, let’s toss in Lysell and Lohrei right? For all I care...

Because tossing in a 2015 1st round fringe NHL defensemen with little to no value is the same as tossing in our most recent first and second round picks…

very smart, I’ll be sure to watch out for more posts from you because like I said…very smart.

Reactions: Mantis

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Maybe just Grz for Dvorak? A top 4 D for a top 6 C sounds about right.

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Smith

Hall -- Dvo -- Pasta

DeBrusk -- Haula -- Coyle

Foligno -- Nosek -- Lazar

Freddie, Senyshyn coming off the bench

I’m a big fan but I don’t think Boston is lying Foligno 4M a year to play on the 4th line.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Neither is Grizz. I would love to see him back in Boston.
Grzelcyk at least has the numbers to back it up when paired with McAvoy.

I can't get a read as to what Sweeney is trying to do. Is he going to be bringing back Lauzon to be a 7th defenseman? If they wanted to keep Lauzon so much, why not make a deal with Seattle in the first place to draft someone else? There's no way Reilly or Forbort were brought here and paid the way they are to be 7th defensemen. Only thing I can think of is that they are potentially thinking of moving Grzelcyk. Lauzon, Reilly, and Forbort isn't good enough at LD though.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

I can't get a read as to what Sweeney is trying to do. Is he going to be bringing back Lauzon to be a 7th defenseman? If they wanted to keep Lauzon so much, why not make a deal with Seattle in the first place to draft someone else? There's no way Reilly or Forbort were brought here and paid the way they are to be 7th defensemen. Only thing I can think of is that they are potentially thinking of moving Grzelcyk. Lauzon, Reilly, and Forbort isn't good enough at LD though.

Seattle made zero trades before the draft. Didn’t seem as if they were open for business.

Lauzon can play the right side, so it would be a Clifton play here.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Ya, I don't get it either but trading Grizz seems like the only option if Lauzon comes back

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I think it's more a statement on McAvoy than Gryz's level of play, TBH.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Lauzon because he fills a need. I hope they bring him back. He's only $900k against the cap and is already better than Forbort or at least equal and much cheaper. He could also be the choice to play against bigger and tougher opponents while they could rest Reilly. Lauzon will be huge this year.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Lauzon is still developing and no one knows for sure what the finished product will be. With Krug and Chara leaving he was rushed, slotted higher than he normally would have been, then injured. But the Bruins valued him so much they played him over other options, in key situations, even with a cast on his hand.
That being said, not sure why they would let him go, acquire a more expensive replacement, then try to get him back.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad