Player Discussion Lauzon or Zboril

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
If Zboril is soft, than that would mean the organization beat the toughness out of him, because he was certainly never a soft player

He was known as being physical in juniors, to the point of taking himself out of the play to make hits. Did that carry over to the AHL?

He wasn't very physical with Boston.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
He was known as being physical in juniors, to the point of taking himself out of the play to make hits. Did that carry over to the AHL?

He wasn't very physical with Boston.

Not being as physical in Boston could just be a confidence/comfort issue ... again not wanting to take himself out of position/make a mistake by being too aggressive

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Zorbil needed to stay the full year in Providence last year, not sure what to think of him. Seemed a bit intimated on the ice and didn’t see his game grow during the year at all.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Looks like we’ll be seeing more of Zboril now that Lauzon is gone. I still think Z has a higher ceiling.
I think Z has high end tools but just don't see him putting it together. He reminds me a bit of a defensive version of Cehlarik. Not in terms of style (Z obviously better skater by far), but just in terms of being a guy who never figures out how to turn his high end skill into productivity. Both guys I watch and think "this guy is awesome" but then they don't actually achieve much.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Well that sucks, now we need 6 new Dmem.

Where’s the six coming from?

McAvoy, Carlo, Grzelcyk, Clifton, Zboril all returning.

??? — McAvoy
Grzelcyk — Carlo
Zboril — Clifton
???

Now, I know the arguments here will be made:

Grzelcyk isn’t a Top 4 defenseman, Zboril isn’t an every night defenseman.

I would agree a bit and disagree a bit with it. That said, I’m not seeing this 6 new defenseman take.

LyndonByers

Nov 1, 2006
Looks like it will be Lauzon. Now I have to watch Matt Grzelcyk and his 3.7 per year cap hit flail around like Greg Hawgood trying to move bigger guys out of the front of the net in a big playoff game.

Reactions: Dreghorn2

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Looks like it will be Lauzon. Now I have to watch Matt Grzelcyk and his 3.7 per year cap hit flail around like Greg Hawgood trying to move bigger guys out of the front of the net in a big playoff game.
3.7 million dollar players have weaknesses in their game? Who would have thought!

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Where’s the six coming from?

McAvoy, Carlo, Grzelcyk, Clifton, Zboril all returning.

??? — McAvoy
Grzelcyk — Carlo
Zboril — Clifton
???

Now, I know the arguments here will be made:

Grzelcyk isn’t a Top 4 defenseman, Zboril isn’t an every night defenseman.

I would agree a bit and disagree a bit with it. That said, I’m not seeing this 6 new defenseman take.

Well, I have been saying I only wanted to keep Mac and Lauzon.
Lauzon going to Krack , leaves just Mac. So ya 6 more dmen.

We ain't winning anything with that dcorps.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Sucks. Lauzon hurts the most.

They need to move some more out. Either Clifton or Zboril has to be replaced. Everybody here knows they have to get bigger. Probably a couple adds.

I’d probably move Clifton and make Zboril the 6th or 7th. That would be the goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad