News Article: Larsson on LTIR (6-8 weeks, broken fibula)

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Ya that's not good, but I'm excited to see Bouchard in the lineup.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Waiting for someone other than Gregor to confirm the paper transaction.

Hey Oilers fans. What is the situation about your goalie? I have Koskinen in my pool and im wondering if hes gonna play a lot. Thanks
The Oilers are going to play the hotter goalie. They don't have a set starter, though if Smith plays like last night he'll get most of the games.

Last edited:

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
A chance for younger players to show what they got. This is not the end of the world. Bouchard and Jones showed last year they can play in the NHL. Persson and Bear may help too to get through the stretch until Larsson returns.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Well, that’ll nicely kill my hopes of Bouchard winning the Calder next year because if he gets into 50 or so games, he’s screwed. I hope it’s Larssons foot not his back from a long term POV.

On the upside, my 83 point season prediction is looking really good now. If anybody is looking for me, I’ll be in the 2020 draft thread.

Reactions: Porkleaker

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
It’s weird that they would try to maximize LTIR.

Realistically, the only way for them to use that is if Larsson is out for the whole season.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Could the Bear part of it be a paper thing? Something with the LTIR cap space? I don't know, seems very weird that they would send him down after 1 game. Just doesn't make sense
Flipping Bouchard for Bear gets them almost right up to the cap before putting Larsson on LTIR. This gives them a bit more space to work with.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
May he blessing in disguise may force Holland to trade for a dman like he should have in the summer

Fmrnuckfan95

Dec 16, 2018
Edmonton
Bear did not look good at all last night. Larsson took a shot off the foot and was hobbling around so I'm not surprised.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
My guess is maybe they think Bouchard is ready now and that Bear was just a tad slow?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
If it was a weird paper transaction they wouldn't have recalled Bouchard.
The difference between Bouchard's salary and Bear's pushes the Oilers closer to the cap. That allows them a little more room with the LTIR relief. Not a big deal unless they are thinking about a possible trade.

Reactions: oXo Cube

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Wow..... same old Oilers injuries and bad luck. We’ve seen this before, an already mediocre defence now gets decimated due to injury.

That being said, I was complaining about our defence all last night, mostly on their continued ability to do anything offensively or be able to move that puck quicker. So maybe a blessing in disguise as we now have a guy like Bouchard up...

But most likely this will kill us cause 3 rookie d-men plus Benning plus Russel is recipe for disaster :(

Ughhhhh Oilers

Reactions: Porkleaker

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
If Russell plays right D this team is done again. It's time to see what Bear Persson and maybe Bouchard can do. We need puck movement on the top two pairs.

Klefbom Bear
Nurse Persson
Russell Benning
Manning

If Persson or Bear struggles you go with Bouchard.

Could also trade for Pysyk or another stopgap D.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I'm really surprised they're calling up Bouchard over Lagesson or Jones.
Lagesson would be more suited to slot into a shutdown role, and Jones isn't going to burn a year of RFA + needs waivers next year.

They must really really like bouchard.

Edit: Unless bouchard isn't actually coming up, and was strictly for capspace and someone else will be recalled with bear before the game.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Klefbom-Bear was our best pairings last night and Nurse/Larsson were pretty bad and unlike the majority in this thread I don't think it'll be nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. Hell half this board has been shitting on Larsson all preseason/last year/last game like he was a negative to the team but now losing him for a month is what will sink the team? Hopefully Bouchard is kept up and him and Bear/Perssons get extended looks because adding more offensively minded D isn't a bad thing imo.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
I'm really surprised they're calling up Bouchard over Lagesson or Jones.
Lagesson would be more suited to slot into a shutdown role, and Jones isn't going to burn a year of RFA + needs waivers next year.

They must really really like bouchard.

Bouchard has a higher cap hit, thats why he is called up for the purposes of a paper transaction

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad