News Article: Larsson on LTIR (6-8 weeks, broken fibula)

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
Not clear how Ltir and cap hit work here. Does it make sense to put Brodziak on ltir now?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Not clear how Ltir and cap hit work here. Does it make sense to put Brodziak on ltir now?
The Oilers are under the cap with Larsson back on the roster so LTIR for Brodziak is not necessary nor does it help. If they have additional injuries then this is an option.

Smith is on track to earn about $1.25M in bonuses which could cost the Oilers a small carry over next year. Once Manning is of the IR they will be accumulating more space so they may even avoid the bonus overage.

Reactions: nally and fireantz

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The Oilers are under the cap with Larsson back on the roster so LTIR for Brodziak is not necessary nor does it help. If they have additional injuries then this is an option.

Smith is on track to earn about $1.25M in bonuses which could cost the Oilers a small carry over next year. Once Manning is of the IR they will be accumulating more space so they may even avoid the bonus overage.
Isnt overage a virtual guarantee if you have bonuses though, and you are close to the cap. I thought bonuses were paid after all players are taken off the IR at the end of the year. One reason LTIR is overrated as a cap maneuver

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

I think gagner would need to go down

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Isnt overage a virtual guarantee if you have bonuses though, and you are close to the cap. I thought bonuses were paid after all players are taken off the IR at the end of the year. One reason LTIR is overrated as a cap maneuver

If the Oilers are healthy they have enough space to cover the bonuses. So it depends on how much of the year they have to deal with significant injuries.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Top4 RD Tippet tried since Larsson went down.

Bear :thumbu:
Russell Nope
Persson Passable. Still can't fully protect self.
Benning Nope

So they have one capable guy.

I think keeping around Larsson is a good idea.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Top4 RD Tippet tried since Larsson went down.

Bear :thumbu:
Russell Nope
Persson Passable. Still can't fully protect self.
Benning Nope

So they have one capable guy.

I think keeping around Larsson is a good idea.

Larsson makes this defence better and I am wondering if the added depth will help him as well
I am really curious to see how he plays...once he gets his timing and gets back into game shape of course.
So the first 5-6 games i wont be too harsh on him.

Its amazing to see how this defence was considered a weakness and in short order it is now considered a strength.
So much so that posters are floating deals which involve the Oilers shipping out a Dman.

Bear has been a revelation and made a world of difference for sure but I think every dman has been better this season and I credit the coaching staff for that. :nod:

World Wanderer

Feb 6, 2007
It will be good to have Larsson back. I hope he's had a chance to watch the Oilers from the PB, and reflect on his own performance and state of mind.

Larsson is a minute eater in the top 4, so he should make everyone's else job that much easier. I just don't know about Nurse and Larsson pairing, that always seems to not work well, it will be interesting to see where Tippett puts him into the lineup.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
It will be good to have Larsson back. I hope he's had a chance to watch the Oilers from the PB, and reflect on his own performance and state of mind.

Larsson is a minute eater in the top 4, so he should make everyone's else job that much easier. I just don't know about Nurse and Larsson pairing, that always seems to not work well, it will be interesting to see where Tippett puts him into the lineup.
I'd be shocked if he's not paired up with Klefbom.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I'm not even sure if he had to reflect. He had all summer to do that. At this point it's about whether or not there is still a player there and how Tippett's system works for him.

Really don't think he can be any worse than he was, but I do think the team could use some of that toughness he brings on a nightly basis from the back end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad