News Article: Larsson on LTIR (6-8 weeks, broken fibula)

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
This makes zero sense.

If the plan was to send bear down when persson got back, why recall bouchard?
If they were looking to replace larsson I'd have expected Laggesson to get the call.

Sending bear down and replacing him with the same type of Dman after a solid first game and winning a spot in pre season is dumb.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Klefbom - Persson
Nurse - Bouchard
Russell - Benning

Even with Persson healthy, we still only have 6 defensemen. My guess is Bear being sent down was a paperwork thing, or Holland has some kind of trade lined up. Risto?

Reactions: guymez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Klefbom - Persson
Nurse - Bouchard
Russell - Benning

Even with Persson healthy, we still only have 6 defensemen. My guess is Bear being sent down was a paperwork thing, or Holland has some kind of trade lined up. Risto?

I agree with this.
I am going to give Holland the benefit of the doubt here. There has to be more moves coming.

Reactions: Llamamoto49

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Apparently this move gives the Oilers ~250K more of LTIR relief. Holland trying to squeeze every penny of cap space... hmmm.

Paper transaction to maximize LTIR is all this is. Oilers don’t play til Sat. I imagine neither player even gets on a plane.

LTIR doesn’t actually give cap space unless you’re over the cap.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Bouchard makes more than Bear so probably just a move to get as close to the cap as possible before putting Larsson on LTIR. I assume they will recall Bear and send down Bouchard before the next game.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Matt Benning be like:

"You can't get injured if you don't block shots"

gHmiz0ZK.jpg

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014
LTIR: When a player has an injury of which they are expected to miss a minimum of 10 NHL games and 24 days in the NHL season, the team can place them on long term injured reserve (LTIR). LTIR can be used to exceed the salary cap.

Source: LTIR FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad