Lars Eller on the shutting down the Leafs’ stars [Mod Warning Post #311]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Ok, well, good luck convincing anyone playing in the NHL. I remember the night Sam Gagner was the best hockey player in the world too.

Hmmm the mighty Sam Gagner reference. It's getting a bit old now isn't it? Come on, try something new, you can do it! ;)

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm sure the defending Stanley Cup champions would be real salty over one regular season game.

Reactions: dukeofjive

RadekBong

Sep 27, 2009
Toronto, Canada
a mod starting this thread?

200.gif

Nah man leafs fans totally get a fair shake around here it's fine.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Hmmm the mighty Sam Gagner reference. It's getting a bit old now isn't it? Come on, try something new, you can do it! ;)

Yeah 14 points in 6 games > 14 points in 4 games because the former is a Leaf.

Here's an idea, let Auston crack 70 points a season before anointing him as better than Crosby lmao.

RadekBong

Sep 27, 2009
Toronto, Canada
I think a reporter asked how good Toronto is after Toronto just won. It is a dumb question to ask and the reporter was hoping for a response like that
However Eller isn't wrong, until Toronto actually does something with this lineup the gold started for 2 great lines is Pittsburg

What's a gold started?

RadekBong

Sep 27, 2009
Toronto, Canada
gotta love how you think its cocky. the tweet says:
they just played crosby/malkin=thats true
it says those two are better=thats true
says leafs a good team=thats true
says they will be a playoff team= thats true

so now he is cocky for saying malkin and crosby are the best, leafs are a good team and they will make the playoffs? got it

Left out the "probably" bud.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Well Lars, how comes you lost by 2 in regulation then...

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Seems pretty tame to me. So he's not gleefully pumping the Leafs tires like many other players and coaches around the league. Big deal. Not accepting the premise that their competition is the NHL's Harlem globetrotters seems well in line with a competitive mindset.

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
Jets fans are worse. Ugh.

Lars did well last night. I hope the Leafs see the caps in the first round again.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Wow, Lars got so many Leafs fans triggered in here. Sure the Leafs won tonight but lets not pretend that comment didn't trigger anyone. Look at all these responses lol.

I wonder if he views this forum. This is some mighty fine work for him to admire.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
If Lars made a positive comment this thread would've been locked. Next time a player makes a positive comment about the leafs someone better post it

Leaf hater mods can stay salty, your just gonna make our cup win that much tastier

Reactions: Lilou

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Can we start a forum without Leafs fans?

You realize the OP is a mod who isn't a leafs fan, right?

Anyways, reporters ask stupid questions after losing and Eller just won a cup. He's allowed to be a little cheeky.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If Lars made a positive comment this thread would've been locked. Next time a player makes a positive comment about the leafs someone better post it

Leaf hater mods can stay salty, your just gonna make our cup win that much tastier

I've been hearing that one for at least 5 years now going on 6 here. Let alone the entirety of my life outside of this forum from Leafs fans.

"Hey guys pay attention to us through the media, it's our year." Meanwhile, it wasn't.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
But what did he say that was not true?

He said they just played the pens, malkin/crosby better, leafs are a good team, they will likely make playoffs

Did they just play the pens? They did
Are malkin/crosby better? They are
Are the leafs a good team? They are
Will they likely make playoffs? Yes

Sooooo lars eller praised the leafs, and said crosby/malkin better.

Ok here is the thing. If nothing he said was incorrect, and there is no reason to be upset either way, then why did you feel the need to make a main board post about such an arbitrary thing when there is already so much Leaf talk? The only possible reason could be to have a thread for people to post negative comments about the Leafs.

Edit: Wasn't you who made it but point still stands

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I don't have a problem with the words he chose. They are true for the most part.

Maybe the tone he used gave the wrong impression? But I haven't heard it. Cant blame him even if he does hates the Leafs, being an ex-Hab and all. Enjoy the loss Lars

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
I'd say any team would be lucky to have a "4th liner" who just scored 18 points in a Stanley Cup winning playoffs. Plus he also scored the cup winning goal and played a pretty big part in helping his team win the Stanley Cup last season. The 4th liner comments are beyond stupid.

Weird he has a higher points per game in the playoffs over a much larger sample size then the Leafs 3rd line center Kadri. I guess Kadri would be a 5th line center/healthy scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad