Lars Eller on the shutting down the Leafs’ stars [Mod Warning Post #311]

Status
Not open for further replies.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
It's a week and a half into the season. Pens and caps have each lead the league in scoring multiple times and have been offensive powerhouses for 12 years. No one has scored more goals than Pittsburgh since the lockout. Toronto very well may lead the league in scoring but let's see them do it before showering them with accolades and comparing them to teams that are powerhouses year in year out.
A little context here can go a long way. The poster I was replying to mentioned that the Leafs look good on paper but haven’t lived up to their offensive hype. I’m sure everyone has seen the multitude of threads after the signing of JT in the offseason and up until now have definitely lived up to the hype so far. Yes, the PP%, crazy SH% and the overall scoring will come down as the season matures. No one is talking about 10 years ago since this team hasn’t even been together for 5

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Hahaha oh my god this is a real quote. When's the "best pre October 15 stretch ever" banner going up? Before or after Matthews and Tavares get their numbers retired at today's home game? Ooh maybe they can borrow the Stanley Cup, Presidents Trophy, Hart, Richard, Art Ross and all the other awards from the HHOF and have Eller fly down to the ACC and apologetically hand them out to Leafs players while Drew Doughty claps and requests a trade to the Leafs at 50% cap hit. Leafs EARNED it bois

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
How did you fall so badly for that quote?

Reactions: The Apologist

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Dave Bolland has two Cups. I guess he's better than Backstrom because he's won more?

Dave Bolland is a bad example as he was very good for the Hawks especially in the playoffs, and Bäckström has been bounced in a lot of second rounds. Ask the Sedins if they enjoyed playing against Bolland. He almost turned the 2011 series against VAN around too coming back from injury.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
A little context here can go a long way. The poster I was replying to mentioned that the Leafs look good on paper but haven’t lived up to their offensive hype. I’m sure everyone has seen the multitude of threads after the signing of JT in the offseason and up until now have definitely lived up to the hype so far. Yes, the PP%, crazy SH% and the overall scoring will come down as the season matures. No one is talking about 10 years ago since this team hasn’t even been together for 5
Less than 10 games means nothing. I stand by that. When they do it at least 1/4 of the season then let’s discuss living up to the hype. They might be a top contender or they might just be another really good team. Or maybe they suffer injuries or something that strains them.

We know teams have won literally 10 straight to start, then accomplish nothing.

Talking about the last 10 years as in the key pieces Pens’ and Caps’ cores have been around for about 10 years, and have been pretty consistently big threats. It makes sense when Eller compares how it feels playing the leafs to playing the Pens. They’ve long since established themselves as one of the most consistently dangerous teams, with arguably the best center duo of those years.

If you can stifle Crosby+Malkin you can stifle any duo

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
How is this troll post still up? It's a fake quote. The actual quote:

Nazem Kadri says this Lars Eller quote is "bulletin board material" for the #leafs. Adds: "I don't know how he can be serious with that comment."

Amazing how many people are falling for this.

I'd say the same about the incomplete quote in post #1 in this thread. Once one sees the actual question asked and the full Eller answer I don't see what the big deal is really.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I'd say the same about the incomplete quote in post #1 in this thread. Once one sees the actual question asked and the full Eller answer I don't see what the big deal is really.
Even without the full quote, I don’t see how it’s an insult at all, especially not intentionally.

Reactions: sheed36

bring back the jets

Oct 30, 2010
They're the defending champions, and won the presidents trophy the two years before that. Do you really think he's bitter about a loss in October?

I never said he was, I said that's how he comes off. Being conscious of how your words will be interpreted is often just as important as how you intend them to be. Not only that, but when someone bests you, you don't just casually brush them off as no big deal. That's poor sportsmanship imo, doesn't matter if it's true or not.

Also, why tf wouldn't he be lol? Who doesn't hate losing?

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
Donald-Trumps-Hell-No-Reaction.gif

Thanks for the laugh man needed that. Also you should check who has the 2nd most cups in league history before saying they haven't won anything.
Pre-expansion Cups don't count.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
How is this troll post still up? It's a fake quote. The actual quote:

Nazem Kadri says this Lars Eller quote is "bulletin board material" for the #leafs. Adds: "I don't know how he can be serious with that comment."

Amazing how many people are falling for this.
To be fair the actual quote isn't much better. You forgot this part.

"I understand they're coming off hanging a banner, but you've got to give teams respect that have earned it, and I certainly think we've earned it."

They earned it based on 6 games?

Reactions: Sam Spade

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Anyone else struggling with the thread title? Must have changed at some point. Leafs stars were shutdown?

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Can't blame Lars. It must be annoying to hear how a good team like the leafs is the most revolutionary thing since sliced bread.

Media and fans fully to blame but knobs like Kadri shouldn't be so stupid they don't realize there will be blowback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad