Lars Eller on the shutting down the Leafs’ stars [Mod Warning Post #311]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
I know hockey and I think Matthews is currently better than both. No offense to Sid and Geno who are great.

Ok, well, good luck convincing anyone playing in the NHL. I remember the night Sam Gagner was the best hockey player in the world too.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
But what did he say that was not true?

He said they just played the pens, malkin/crosby better, leafs are a good team, they will likely make playoffs

Did they just play the pens? They did
Are malkin/crosby better? They are
Are the leafs a good team? They are
Will they likely make playoffs? Yes

Sooooo lars eller praised the leafs, and said crosby/malkin better.

I'm thinking he was purposely trolling the Leafs, doesnt matter if he speaks the truth lol

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
He actually complimented both Leafs and Pens and somehow a lot of people managed to get offended. Great. We need to develope press-robots to please the NHL standards.

Reactions: dukeofjive

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
But what did he say that was not true?

He said they just played the pens, malkin/crosby better, leafs are a good team, they will likely make playoffs

Did they just play the pens? They did
Are malkin/crosby better? They are
Are the leafs a good team? They are
Will they likely make playoffs? Yes

Sooooo lars eller praised the leafs, and said crosby/malkin better.

He's salty, and bitching just like you and the rest of your fanbase trying to convince yourselves there should have been a penalty on the game winner and you somehow got screwed

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
He's salty, and *****ing just like you and the rest of your fanbase trying to convince yourselves there should have been a penalty on the game winner and you somehow got screwed

Eller got his ass handed to him by Marchand. Just a salty *****. Nothing more, nothing less. Probably a 4th liner. Probably.

Yeah, Eller's the salty one.

If we cared about October games we'd be a lot more worked up about the Devils game than this one. The last Caps-Leafs game we cared about ended like this

cut.jpeg

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I'm thinking he was purposely trolling the Leafs, doesnt matter if he speaks the truth lol

But the question wasant about the leafs. He was asked about how hard it was to shut down Matthews and Tavares. And he basically said they a little easier since its not malkin and crosby

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Eller got his ass handed to him by Marchand. Just a salty *****. Nothing more, nothing less. Probably a 4th liner. Probably.

I'd say any team would be lucky to have a "4th liner" who just scored 18 points in a Stanley Cup winning playoffs. Plus he also scored the cup winning goal and played a pretty big part in helping his team win the Stanley Cup last season. The 4th liner comments are beyond stupid.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
He's salty, and *****ing just like you and the rest of your fanbase trying to convince yourselves there should have been a penalty on the game winner and you somehow got screwed

Its like you didnt even read what question eller was responding to and just said whatever you wanted. He was responding to a question about how to shut down Matthews and he said it was easier then malkin and crosby because they the best and you went off in a random direction for some reason

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
I'd say any team would be lucky to have a "4th liner" who just scored 18 points in a Stanley Cup winning playoffs. Plus he also scored the cup winning goal and played a pretty big part in helping his team win the Stanley Cup last season. The 4th liner comments are beyond stupid.

Also the Caps don't even get past Columbus last year without his 2OT goal in game 3, and he put up something like 5 points for the caps in the first 2 games against Tampa.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Pretty much. I think we’re dealing with the faction of Leafs Nation that gets their knickers in knot every time someone says something that can be taken as a slight against the Leafs. They love to play the victim and whine about how everybody hates them. It’s pretty disgusting.

I agree. I think there’s definitely a fraction of that fan base who is way too insecure for their own good

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
But the question wasant about the leafs. He was asked about how hard it was to shut down Matthews and Tavares. And he basically said they a little easier since its not malkin and crosby

you know he played the most minutes against the Kadri line tonight? The celly he did in front of the Bruins bench leads me to believe he maybe has a bit of an instigator attitude? :)

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yeah, Eller's the salty one.

If we cared about October games we'd be a lot more worked up about the Devils game than this one. The last Caps-Leafs game we cared about ended like this

cut.jpeg

If that were true then tell me, why are you trying to convince yourselves you got screwed on the game winner?

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
If that were true then tell me, why are you trying to convince yourselves you got screwed on the game winner?

My bad, we also cared about this game since it was outside and fancy

cut.jpeg

Basically any game where the victory by the Caps is significant enough to warrant a handshake afterwards

PS - the caps sucking and the leafs needing the refs to look the other way are not mutually exclusive

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
you know he played the most minutes against the Kadri line tonight? The celly he did in front of the Bruins bench leads me to believe he maybe has a bit of an instigator attitude? :)

So what? The question wasn't what did Eller himself did to try and shutdown the high powered Leafs offense. The actual question was "What the Caps did to keep the Leafs' big guns mostly off the scoresheet until Matthews' late goal."

Many seem to be not reading the tweet from Tom Gulitti who asked Eller the question so here it is for a 3rd time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad