Lars Eller on the shutting down the Leafs’ stars [Mod Warning Post #311]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Lars Eller is just asking others to be motivated to play against him.

Thats one way for the Leafs to be fired up the next time they play the Caps.

Mar 26, 2010
Thanks for firing up the Leafs every time they play you Lars this season. hopefully Willie will be playing next time also :thumbu:
Exactly, next game the Leafs play the Capitals... Toronto will have some extra motivation.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Exactly, next game the Leafs play the Capitals... Toronto will have some extra motivation.

I dunno. If Ovi or Kuzy said it or something, the team might get more fired up but its Lars Eller. The guy is a passenger who keeps making a fool of himself. He's only got 1 point all year and brutal stats. What are the Leafs supposed to do next game. He's already got 3rd/4th line coverage.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Does this mean the Leafs aren't that special? Or do we only take what players say about the Leafs seriously when they praise them?

Reactions: dukeofjive

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Lars Eller is just asking others to be motivated to play against him.

Thats one way for the Leafs to be fired up the next time they play the Caps.
Yea Lars ffs don't bring the pens into this. Giving the Leafs more motivation for the pens game this week too.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Damn Eller running his mouth like McGregor. Leafs = Khabib

4f43f2c15bba46af849d59b83d1a86ab.png

jk this is just as likely
hqdefault.jpg

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
The crying from Leafs fans is hilarious, just because Matthews and Tavares aren't considered the best center duo in the league and the Leafs are just another playoff team. What else was Ellers supposed to say? Agree with the reporters overrating of the Leafs?

News flash, everything Ellers said was correct. Crosby/Malkin are better than Matthews/Tavares and the Leafs aren't cup contenders. Let's see Matthews and Tavares hit 100 points and Leafs win their 1st playoff series since... :rolleyes: until then they're a team in the playoff hunt with 2 good C's.

What crying? only one crying is Eller lol, also what does the last Leafs playoff series win have to do with anything when literally none of those players exist on this team anymore? that is simply history, and not this current teams history so it couldn't be more irrelevant...

The Leafs are a contender and those "2 good C's" are actually 2 franchise #1 C's. With a 3rd line centre who put 30+ goals up in each of the past 2 years.

Reactions: Max Money

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I don't see what the big deal is when you see the actual question that was asked by Tom Gulitti and the full answer from Eller. As the Tom Gulitti tweet said he asked Eller what the Caps did to keep the Leafs' big guns mostly off the scoresheet until Matthews' late goal.

Here's Eller's reply: "Nothing special, really. We're used to playing against Crosby and Malkin. Everything kind of drops from there, so it's not that special. It's a good team like a lot of others. They'll probably be a playoff team, I think."

The way I see it is Eller didn't say the Leafs aren't anything special and what he's saying is the Caps didn't do anything special to shut the high powered Leafs down since they're use to playing Crosby and Malkin. Much to do about nothing if you ask me.

Here's the Tom Gulitti tweet again..

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
He's salty because he got his ass whipped

But what did he say that was not true?

He said they just played the pens, malkin/crosby better, leafs are a good team, they will likely make playoffs

Did they just play the pens? They did
Are malkin/crosby better? They are
Are the leafs a good team? They are
Will they likely make playoffs? Yes

Sooooo lars eller praised the leafs, and said crosby/malkin better.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I mean...did he say anything wrong? I see a lot of butt hurt Leaf fans in here about his comment but it was 100% true, no?

Pretty much. I think we’re dealing with the faction of Leafs Nation that gets their knickers in knot every time someone says something that can be taken as a slight against the Leafs. They love to play the victim and whine about how everybody hates them. It’s pretty disgusting.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Pretty much. I think we’re dealing with the faction of Leafs Nation that gets their knickers in knot every time someone says something that can be taken as a slight against the Leafs. They love to play the victim and whine about how everybody hates them. It’s pretty disgusting.
This

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
He's not correct, but I still love that players would say something like that. Be interesting!

Edit: Just saw the question/context. That should be in the OP. Less interesting now.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Eller got his ass handed to him by Marchand. Just a salty bitch. Nothing more, nothing less. Probably a 4th liner. Probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad