Lars Eller on the shutting down the Leafs’ stars [Mod Warning Post #311]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
As if Lars Eller is such a superstar that a cup ring means he can act like the cockiest a-hole in the NHL.

gotta love how you think its cocky. the tweet says:
they just played crosby/malkin=thats true
it says those two are better=thats true
says leafs a good team=thats true
says they will be a playoff team= thats true

so now he is cocky for saying malkin and crosby are the best, leafs are a good team and they will make the playoffs? got it

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Lars Eller, in his 10th year as a NHL player, throws shade at a 3rd year player whom has a possibility, albeit a small one, to pass him in career goals by the end of the season.

That's what I don't understand. Eller is the epitome of a mediocre, dime-a-dozen player, but some of his comments about other teams (like when he called the Oilers a junior team) seem to suggest that he thinks he's a lynchpin in Washington.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Congratulations Eller, YOU JUST MADE ME A MARCHAND FAN.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Dont really care what the 4th line Scrub has to say lol.... his team lost, leafs take the 2 points next!

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
That's what I don't understand. Eller is the epitome of a mediocre, dime-a-dozen player, but some of his comments about other teams (like when he called the Oilers a junior team) seem to suggest that he thinks he's a lynchpin in Washington.

Which is why for once when Marchand beat someone up, I was all for it. I guarentee you he started mouthing off when the Caps were up big and then Marchand fed him his lunch. Good on Marchand.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
My goodness this is rich, Lars Eller going to the media now. C'mon kid, never came close to your potential but have carved out a extremely fortunate career. I'm not impressed with these shenanigans 4th Liner Lars is up too as of late.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
a mod starting this thread?

200.gif

Won’t get closed, it’s not praising the Leafs or a Leafs player lol

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Which is why for once when Marchand beat someone up, I was all for it. I guarentee you he started mouthing off when the Caps were up big and then Marchand fed him his lunch. Good on Marchand.

I'm not a Marchand fan at all, and I think he was an idiot in that exchange as well, but Eller essentially requested the beating that he got by antagonizing the Boston players while Washington was up 7-0. I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the shed.

Reactions: The List Of Jericho

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
You cry so much over ANYTHING remotely not positive towards the Leafs.

It’s hilarious how much of a ****ing meltdown you have every single time.
Remember Zaitsev is the greatest UFA signing in history. That was my quote.

Cotton

May 13, 2013

so now he is cocky for saying malkin and crosby are the best, leafs are a good team and they will make the playoffs? got it

No, I dont think you do get it.

Reactions: loyaltotheend

Cotton

May 13, 2013

No, I dont think you do get it.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
He took a shot at the Leafs because he was mad he lost. Sure he is free to do it, but it reeks of pettiness and sour grapes.

Just as he is free to say what he wants, everyone else is free to criticize him.
This is a fair response, but most of the posts aren't really criticisms, they're just coming off as hypersensitive insults. Eller didn't say anything negative about the Leafs or any of their players, yet some people are twisting Eller's mild comments into 'shots'. Seems like a silly overreaction, IMO.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver

Lars Eller is the best 4th line centre in the capitals locker room. What a stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad