Lars Eller Appreciation thread (the first of many for this season)

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
Been hyping Eller for 3 years now. Feels good.

To all the people i see who i know diss'ed Eller, i'm like HOW YOU LIKE DEM APPLEZ SON?

Last year on hockeybuzz' forums i had predicted the best way for Galchenyuk to come into the league was to be put on Eller's wing and have them both succeed off of each other. I was laughed out of the forum.

DEM APPLEZ SON! :laugh:

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
It feels good to have a 3rd line that can score, that we can also rely on. No need to change linemates.

Doesn't seem to me that DD and Briere can score right now...

Seriously, with the way the EGG line played and if Plek's line can play like last night (which they should be able to, they're all vets that have a history of decent to good production), DD's line is our 3rd. It even showed in ice time yesterday.

The problem being that if they don't score, it's a line that is attrocious at everything else.

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
I know lots of people want to see Galchenyuk centre his own line because he was drafted as a centre but the EGG line is just too good to be split up right now. Hockey is all about momentum and right now these guys have the hot hand and MT needs to ride that. Once the line 'cools' down a bit, which it will, that's when you switch patches in with Eller and give Galchenyuk his own line.

Try that for a few games and see how Galchenyuk can acclimate.

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
Time to take eller off that line and put DD on it.. makes perfect MT logical sense.

To be serious-- when people take a beating like Eller did on that hit you have many choices and the choice Lars took..work out, get bigger truly has paid dividends. The kid is a freaking stud. Halak who???

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Time to take eller off that line and put DD on it.. makes perfect MT logical sense.

To be serious-- when people take a beating like Eller did on that hit you have many choices and the choice Lars took..work out, get bigger truly has paid dividends. The kid is a freaking stud. Halak who???

Why do you want to punish Gallagher and Galchenyuk?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

well, you know only Bournival, Moen, Prust and White had less icetime than DD among forwards last game... right ?

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
well, you know only Bournival, Moen, Prust and White had less icetime than DD among forwards last game... right ?

Makes MT logical sense. That is actually a change and everyone on these boards know that MT has overused DD and it is a nice change. He is/has started to become a non-factor finally.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Makes MT logical sense. That is actually a change and everyone on these boards know that MT has overused DD and it is a nice change. He is/has started to become a non-factor finally.

and yet, you complain about MT use of DD...

ourobouros

Sep 29, 2009
hhmmmm very next statement i said..to be serious.. MT has shown his complete love for DD and FB that he overuses them in strange situations instead of using the guys producing

DD ice time yesterday : 13:54
Lars : 18:43

...But who cares about facts?

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST

Good 1 game comparision. look at last year and how ALL of this board was frustrated with the love for DD and all his time. But wow make a quick jesting comment about MTs use of DD and some get their knickers in a knot

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Finally, about time...MT:shakehead

Maybe MT is reading HF boards...;)

Great to see Eller continuing to develop, alot of the Blues fans would love to have this guy back...

Finally, a centre with size, Bobby Smith was the last one...:shakehead

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
Finally, about time...MT:shakehead

Maybe MT is reading HF boards...;)

Great to see Eller continuing to develop, alot of the Blues fans would love to have this guy back...

Finally, a centre with size, Bobby Smith was the last one...:shakehead

It wouldnt surprise me if a lot of NHL coaches/team personal spent quite a lot of time lurking around the internet and its hockey-centric websites. Hell, they probably have a guy who's job is to do this.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
It wouldnt surprise me if a lot of NHL coaches/team personal spent quite a lot of time lurking around the internet and its hockey-centric websites. Hell, they probably have a guy who's job is to do this.
I think quite the opposite. They don't have a lot of time on their hands and browsing forums is probably the last thing on their mind because there are a lot of other activities they could be doing,

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I think quite the opposite. They don't have a lot of time on their hands and browsing forums is probably the last thing on their mind because there are a lot of other activities they could be doing,

Maybe not their management but I'm sure every NHL's team public relation squad spend a large amount of time on Internet to study what's up with their fans.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
OK, I'm not eating crow yet, but let's say I'm looking for good crow recepies right now. :laugh:

I had some doubts about him coming back from a serious injury. But damn he looks good so far!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad