Lars Eller Appreciation thread (the first of many for this season)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He's our best forward right now. Would LOVE to see him paired with Max and have Galchenyuk center with Gallagher and bourque.

Max Eller Briere
Bourque Galchenyuk Gallagher
Prust Plecs Gionta (mostly used defensively)

And DD goes away...

or Keep the Egg line together and put swap Max out for Bourque.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
He's our best forward right now. Would LOVE to see him paired with Max and have Galchenyuk center with Gallagher and bourque.

Max Eller Briere

And DD goes away...

Out best healthy forward :). Still think MaxPac is numero uno but Eller is just blazing through d's right now. Unreal.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Max Eller Briere

And DD goes away...

I don't think we should break up this line.

Wait 'til its not working anymore.

Out best healthy forward :). Still think MaxPac is numero uno but Eller is just blazing through d's right now. Unreal.
Max should play like Eller.

Eller is always implicated, reminds me of one guy we had two years ago... He scored 30 goals that year and he even finished first in points for us.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Max should play like Eller.

Eller is always implicated, reminds me of one guy we had two years ago... He scored 30 goals that year and he even finished first in points for us.

You're clearly talking about Max... he is always implicated. He does not have the same dynamic game as Lars Eller, but he is a power forward sniper, that's his game. It's getting into the shooting lanes, sneaking behind the enemy lines and waiting for passes so he can rip it. It's not his duty to run around after the puck and retrieve it - something Eller excels at and we should be thankful for.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
They are doing a great job at carrying their lines, respectively. Eller has a lot more help than Max though, I would give Galchenyuk his own line as well.
How nice would this have been?

Bourque Plecs Gionta
Max Eller DD
Morrow Galchenyuk Gallagher

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He's playing like the guy I thought he could be at his best, Lars Forsberg. Time to promote him.
I remember thinking we were going to trade him last year. MT just seemed to hate the guy. I thought he was finished here for sure.

Glad I was wrong.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
How nice would this have been?

Bourque Plecs Gionta
Max Eller DD
Morrow Galchenyuk Gallagher

Sick. We have the same idea, but I don't think Morrow is needed really.

We have so many youngins waiting in the wings.. Collberg, McC, DLR, Bournival..

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You're clearly talking about Max... he is always implicated. He does not have the same dynamic game as Lars Eller, but he is a power forward sniper, that's his game. It's getting into the shooting lanes, sneaking behind the enemy lines and waiting for passes so he can rip it. It's not his duty to run around after the puck and retrieve it - something Eller excels at and we should be thankful for.

Max can be better. I want to see him carry the puck to the net, release those game breaking shots and skate a lot. That's what he does best and thats when he's at his best.

I remember thinking we were going to trade him last year. MT just seemed to hate the guy. I thought he was finished here for sure.

Glad I was wrong.

That was pretty depressing. What is mind boggling is all the people who were ready to just give up on the guy.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
That was pretty depressing. What is mind boggling is all the people who were ready to just give up on the guy.
It's not that I wanted to give up on him but I figured that MT had given up on him. I really thought he was going to get dealt away for scraps.

And now he's our best forward (or at least he's playing like it now anyway.)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Sick. We have the same idea, but I don't think Morrow is needed really.

We have so many youngins waiting in the wings.. Collberg, McC, DLR, Bournival..
Morrow would've been an actual stopgap for McC. I think it would've been great for a one year deal.

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
18 points in last 14 regular season games for Eller.

15 ES points in last 14 games.

That statistic is most impressive. To play near a PPG at ES is extremely difficult. It's only the elite players who can do that, and even then it's rare. Malkin did it a few years ago. Even at a .75 PPG rate, you're in very good company. The thing about Eller is that a lot of his best plays start in the defensive zone or the neutral zone or come off the forecheck. It's just recently that he's also started to get points and still make those plays. A 60 point season, with making all of those strong plays at ES, will be a very good season for him and the Habs.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
It's not that I wanted to give up on him but I figured that MT had given up on him. I really thought he was going to get dealt away for scraps.

And now he's our best forward (or at least he's playing like it now anyway.)

Teams were calling MB about Eller last season trying to trade for him according to some of the insiders. The possibility was there, luckily MB didn't move him.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Been hyping Eller for 3 years now. Feels good.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
yeah he's playing so great right now, let's hurry and change his linemates. Just like we do in NHL 14
It's not really Eller that needs the changeup... it's just that we'd all like to see Galchenyuk being used as a center. And I don't think changing Galchenyuk for Max would hurt Eller at all.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
All I have to say is that cross ice backhand pass while off balance to a in-stride Gionta got me off my couch.

That was one hell of a tape to tape pass.

Eller has no vision sadly.

MagicalDeck

Mar 17, 2006

I definitely wasn't one of them ;)

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=58991007&highlight=#post58991007

I am glad everyone agrees with me now. But it's only been two games - weren't ppl complaining about his play in the preseason not too long ago? :) I'd like to see what he can do in a full season after teams adjust to his play. How he responds would determine whether he is a great player or just a good one.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Watched the game taped tonight.

Glad I stayed up.

Count me in on the Eller train.

Galchenyuk with some beauty passes too. Good stuff.

Edit: Thought Bourque had a really solid game too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad