Lars Eller Appreciation thread (the first of many for this season)

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
A strong performance and signs of things to come my friend , Lars Eller will end up becoming a more physical Plekanec and that would be just great.

Don't forget that game where he got 4 points in one night, 2 seasons ago. It's one game and it's a nice flash. It's very promising if he can be (a little) consistent, but to expect him to become an all start beast, after only one game, is overkill.

I'm just glad to see him play so well after that devastating concussion. Other than that, I have no more expectations, because I know he'll only get better.

Dada

May 12, 2012
My reaction after Eller's performance

katy-perry-champion-of-world-roar.gif

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Not so sure about that. If so, this may very well change by the end of the season.

...I agree with him, Pleks is our best center. Eller was great tonight, but can we please not start to underrate Pleks :shakehead

He's our best center so he's our #1C, Eller should be our #2C with Galch on his wing this year

onemorecup*

Oh, yeah he's special alright. #1C before the end of the year, I agree. Really his line will be no. 1 period.

Need I mention, first official game since Gryba?

agreed like I said before the torch is passed to eller and galchy

enough with this DD top line crap ,Pleks solid player but its time to give those 2 the torch

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
There can't be more than one good player on this team at each position. Now that Eller is coming into his own everyone has to **** on Plekanec.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
None of what Lars does is a surprise. He just needs to bring it on a more consistant basis. Two years ago he could be the best player on the ice one night and the worst the next, last year he started being a more consistant contributor, hopefully he can keep if going forward this year.

He has all the tools to be at least a low end #1 center/high end #2. 55-65 points a year.

Halifaxhab*

He has just gotten better every year. This year looks like he's ready to bust out too. Best part is he's got a great teacher in Plekanec, having those two, along with Galch looking ready soon is great to have. Pleks may become redundant and get dangled as trade bait. But this year isn't that time. Let Eller grow with the backup Pleks can offer eating up tough minutes. And, unless the trade offer is for an equivalent player at another position (top3 dman, top line wing) no need to talk about any trade.

I have high hopes for Eller, and he didn't dissapoint at all. Playing like that he'll make us all happy, and himself rich.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Drafted him near the end of my espn hockey draft when we were drafting our 5 bench players

guess where i left him :cry:

A friend of mine drafted him pretty darn early, 15 round draft and he took him 8th round. People (including me) were like "wtf??". Well, I did always believe in Lars Eller and thought he could be an impact player, but I draft with my brain, not my heart. :cry:

At least it was a friend who got him.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Mon beau Lars has 16 points in his last 13 regular season games (last 12 from last year + yesterday).

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
A friend of mine drafted him pretty darn early, 15 round draft and he took him 8th round. People (including me) were like "wtf??". Well, I did always believe in Lars Eller and thought he could be an impact player, but I draft with my brain, not my heart. :cry:

At least it was a friend who got him.

lol i was able to get my hands on subban in the 2nd round, and finished up drafting eller and galchenyuk

started galchenyuk over eller lol.

Habs12max

Mar 6, 2008
FYI, we just lost the game guys. Nothing is less constructive than community jerk off. He played good, does everyone has to say its own way?

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
...I agree with him, Pleks is our best center. Eller was great tonight, but can we please not start to underrate Pleks :shakehead

He's our best center so he's our #1C, Eller should be our #2C with Galch on his wing this year

Can he start playing like it?

Habs12max

Mar 6, 2008
FYI, we just lost the game guys. Nothing is less constructive than community jerk off. He played good, does everyone has to say it in another way?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad