• Braden Schneider

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I missed the 1st period so I don't know what happened there but I didn't think we were very good in the second. We were turning the puck over and barely had posession. Better in the third. A win is good but not sure these lines will work longterm exactly like this. There are good points for sure but I think some tweaking is needed. Fun to see us with the big win, though. Love the way Fox and Zibby have been playing. Wish we could clone them. Chytil is playing great but he's going to cost a lot to resign.
If a goalie could ever steal a 6:2 game - this was it.

Reactions: Ruggs225

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
It's like you didn't see the defense or lack of the Panthers have. No one has ever claimed that he can't completely slice up the weaker defensive teams in the league.

Quick scan of his stats shows 35 of his 47 points are against non playoff teams, and non playoff defenses. Suck on what? I want him and this team to beat the upper teams in this league so that they can actually want a cup, I don't care that they occasionally beat up on non-playoff teams
That was the same argument mid last year that the Rangers only beat up on weaker competition. Sorry he can’t move in space time continuum and try to score on opponents the Rangers haven’t faced yet.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Not sure how you come out of this game and not just leave the lines as they are

That said, Kreider didn’t look great at RW. The Rangers life would be so much easier if Kreider wasn’t a f***ing idiot and could just play RW without issue

Also that 4th line stinks. Bring up Rydhal and see what he’s got. Don’t need to see anymore of Lechsychen or however you spell his name
The Rangers scored 6 goals but through halfway mark of this game had I think around 9 shots. They were non-competitive at parts. Clearly they picked it up and kicked it in but let's not overlook the first part of the game that was pretty terrible.

This forward group reminds me very much of the last year of Quinn in which there were guys playing all in the wrong roles. This time around it because the forward core is so poorly put together that no matter what Gallant does the lines are just not "right." Kreider playing the off wing now, a sort of grind it out 3rd line with a huge contract playing center that was supposed to add offense, a kid line as your somewhat second line that looks good it spurts but not consistently, a fourth line that is not adding much, Sammy Blais basically being totally useless-- it's just not a good forward group. I'm expecting some moves at the deadline to add some toughness again and some guys who actually slot into where they are being asked to play. Right now it looks like Gallant is trying to put together a puzzle with most of the right pieces but the pieces that are wrong are so wrong that they end up covering up most of the correctly filled in puzzle no matter what he does.

Last edited:

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Great line I would love for them to be the 3rd line and move the kids up to the 2nd line.
That's basically what we had last night. When they showed the lines just before puck drop, the kids were listed as line 2, and overall the kid line got more time at ES than the Trocheck line:

Chytil: 15:53
Laf: 15:19
Kakko: 14:47

Trocheck: 15:06
Vesey: 13:31
Goodrow: 13:39

And for comparison sake, here's the ESTOI for the 1st line:

Panarin: 16:44
Kreider: 16:34
Zib: 16:14

I think that's a pretty good balance.

Deleted member 23124

The Rangers scored 6 goals but through halfway mark of this game had I think around 9 shots. They were non-competitive at parts. Clearly they picked it up and kicked it in but let's not overlook the first part of the game that was pretty terrible.

This forward group reminds me very much of the last year of Quinn in which there were guys playing all in the wrong roles. This time around it because the forward core is so poorly put together that no matter what Gallant does the lines are just not "right." Kreider playing the off wing now, a sort of grind it out 3rd line with a huge contract playing center that was supposed to add offense, a kid line as your somewhat second line that looks good it spurts but not consistently, a fourth line that is not adding much, Sammy Blais basically being totally useless-- it's just not a good forward group. I'm expecting some moves at the deadline to add some toughness again and some guys who actually slot into where they are being asked to play. Right now it looks like Gallant is trying to put together a puzzle with most of the right pieces but the pieces that are wrong are so wrong that they end up covering up most of the correctly filled in puzzle no matter what he does.
That's what comes of acquiring square pegs to go into round holes.....

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That's basically what we had last night. When they showed the lines just before puck drop, the kids were listed as line 2, and overall the kid line got more time at ES than the Trocheck line:

No complaints here. Every line scored , and felt the Rangers had nice depth. Big test tomorrow, Florida is struggling this year and putting up 6 goals against them was a very good sign for this group. If they can score a few against Toronto will be very happy.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Outside of Kreider playing his off wing, I thought everyone was slotted perfectly tonight tbh. If they can acquire a RW to play with Panarin & Mika, Kreider can move to the LW with Trocheck-Vesey and Goodrow can be 1/3 of a solid 4th line. deepens the lineup even more. There is also something there with the Kid Line, I think they like playing together

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Ooooh, making people with all unnecessary moans and cries in days before the game feel stupid, doesn’t it.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can't stop watching the Fox goal. People talk about his skating but sure can go right the f*** past guys when he has to. He has unreal timing and deception and he's good at hiding his last gear until the right moment.

He is clever like a Fox. He is just so fun to watch, and when he makes these game changing plays it’s amazing. When the team has their down games he still is bringing it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He is clever like a Fox. He is just so fun to watch, and when he makes these game changing plays it’s amazing. When the team has their down games he still is bringing it.
He clearly had Forsling thinking he was going a certain speed and then all of a sudden he got faster. It's like in baseball; 94 isn't that fast but it's fast when you're looking for 79.

Only a player with Fox's kind of IQ would even know to do that.

And then he has the goalie absolutely convinced he's driving wide and when he cuts back, he has an open net.

Playing with his food.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not that this matters terribly but for those of us who like to occasionally read these boards at work (A lot of us) it's probably better if the PGT titles are a little more innocuous/ less profane

I feel dirty every time I click the title. Lol. But in all seriousness yeah I agree, it’s a little too much. Sorry Ed.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
He clearly had Forsling thinking he was going a certain speed and then all of a sudden he got faster. It's like in baseball; 94 isn't that fast but it's fast when you're looking for 79.

Only a player with Fox's kind of IQ would even know to do that.

And then he has the goalie absolutely convinced he's driving wide and when he cuts back, he has an open net.

Playing with his food.
His top end speed isn't great, but as a slight guy he actually has a really good first step which he puts to great use all over the ice. Offensively sure, like we saw on that play but he also can often can make the defensive play after a turnover because he accelerates towards the forward using his speed instead of retreating, knowing 9/10 times he'll get beat in foot race down the ice. He reminds me a bit of Stepan who was slow af but a heady player, but Fox is just more skilled- has much better edges and balance, first step, hands, and vision, though Stepan had excellent vision too.

My question on the goalie jumping out of a pants, Fox didn't even have to head fake him or anything, he just held the puck and the goalie was on his knees cutting off the side boards angle leaving the net wide open. I know breakways are tougher for goalies than shootouts and the play developed quickly, but he had to know Fox has the hands to make a move. If that were Igor we'd be all over him I think.

Edit: Rewatched the goal and Fox actually made a subtle twitch and the goalie bit hard. Zbad should learn to be more subtle with his fakes- if Mika lifts his leg you know he's passing.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Outside of Kreider playing his off wing, I thought everyone was slotted perfectly tonight tbh. If they can acquire a RW to play with Panarin & Mika, Kreider can move to the LW with Trocheck-Vesey and Goodrow can be 1/3 of a solid 4th line. deepens the lineup even more. There is also something there with the Kid Line, I think they like playing together
I agree this is the closet they can get to being slotted correctly but to Gallant still questioning his lines I think it’s more because he still sees the holes in the lines more than saying these are not the best lines he might be able to come up with.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I agree this is the closet they can get to being slotted correctly but to Gallant still questioning his lines I think it’s more because he still sees the holes in the lines more than saying these are not the best lines he might be able to come up with.

The only combo Id be ok with switching these lines for would be to put Chytil and Panarin together. Other than that were on the right track imo. We need to add 2 FWDs at the deadline to push guys down and out of the lineup

Reactions: JHS

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Kreider is our best even strength forward IMO

he should not be the one change sides. I honestly think Panarin moving to the Right would work better so he can stop pulling up on the half wall and/or stop using that weak backhand pass.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly

If we're sticking with this general lineup, I would try Kravtsov on the top line. Like you said, Kreider would fit nicely with Trocheck and Vesey, and Goodrow can be the start of a good 4th line. The 4th line was terrible last night. Gauthier did not look 100%, Leschyshyn is doing next to nothing, and Kravtsov is out of place. Goodrow and a healthy Gauthier are 2/3 of a very good 4th line.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Kreider is our best even strength forward IMO

he should not be the one change sides. I honestly think Panarin moving to the Right would work better so he can stop pulling up on the half wall and/or stop using that weak backhand pass.

A few times Panarin did have to go up ice on the right side. He looked ok doing so, and it prevented him from doing the pull-up move.

Reactions: haveandare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad