• Braden Schneider

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Not sure how you come out of this game and not just leave the lines as they are

That said, Kreider didn’t look great at RW. The Rangers life would be so much easier if Kreider wasn’t a f***ing idiot and could just play RW without issue

Also that 4th line stinks. Bring up Rydhal and see what he’s got. Don’t need to see anymore of Lechsychen or however you spell his name
Can't just declare it a failure on his part after one game, he needs to play a series of games on rw to know if its gonna work or not. Imo he should stay there for the next 5 games before you either declare it a success or failure

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Among guys who are, let's say, not elite scorers, he's probably the best play-driver in the league over the last ten years.

Hot take: he's one of the better all-time pure power forwards.

Dominates the boards, makes "stuff" happen, generational at deflections and in front of the net, and FWIW he kicks ass too. He's only had seven fights, which is a consequence of the era he plays in, and you know what? According to fan polls he's 7-0.

It would be amazing if he was a PPG player on top of that, but it would be amazing if I hit powerball. Aside from scoring, Kreider is basically perfect at every other aspect of being a power winger.

One of my faves was when he gave Burrows the business after Burrows got Zucc earlier in the game. (in a game where Burrows was being Burrows)

It was like a dad manhandling his disobedient son, I remember Kreider jawin at him at a faceoff almost telling him to go out in the yard and pick his switch. Burrows was injured following that game.

Basically folded him up like a vintage lawnchair.

edit: here it is, on the replay you can just see how much stronger he is.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Kravtsov on the first line! Someone will be happy. ;)

"Would you like to upgrade to two medium 2-topping pizzas for just $5 more?"

"Would you like to try our new Shaq-Size Family Meal for 4? It's four large 2-topping pizzas with 20 breadsticks and four large sodas."

"No? Thank you."

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’ve always thought Chris Kreider is Panarin’s ideal linemate. A guy that excels at a grind game and in front of the net but with actual talent, not 4th line hacks like Colin Blackwell and Dryden Hunt.

Shame it’s never worked at ES because of the whole switch to RW not working most of the time.
This brings up my issue with Kreider…he should be and I’m sure could be exactly what you say. A beast in front of the net. But while he’s great with the tips, mostly on the power play, he’s not digging and causing havoc after the initial shot. Vesey turns out to have more tenacity in front of the net. Am I being unfair? Maybe I’m just missing it. But I feel like Kreider is kind of a tree in that respect. (But great at other things; he’s super defensively and on the PP).

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
This brings up my issue with Kreider…he should be and I’m sure could be exactly what you say. A beast in front of the net. But while he’s great with the tips, mostly on the power play, he’s not digging and causing havoc after the initial shot. Vesey turns out to have more tenacity in front of the net. Am I being unfair? Maybe I’m just missing it. But I feel like Kreider is kind of a tree in that respect. (But great at other things; he’s super defensively and on the PP).

Your takes are always good to me.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
One of my faves was when he gave Burrows the business after Burrows got Zucc earlier in the game. (in a game where Burrows was being Burrows)

It was like a dad manhandling his disobedient son, I remember Kreider jawin at him at a faceoff almost telling him to go out in the yard and pick his switch. Burrows was injured following that game.

Basically folded him up like a vintage lawnchair.

edit: here it is, on the replay you can just see how much stronger he is.

I feel like this is how almost all of the fights Kreider has had have gone. He's just so much stronger against the other person that they can't do anything.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
For what he is, I actually don't mind Lindgren's offense.

His partner puts up some of the best offensive analytics in the league.

All Lindgren has to do is not be a hindrance, and he's certainly done that.
He does a good job finding openings to rush the puck deep into the zone effectively. And then he doesn’t go and force things. He is actually perfect for the role. Though i think Fox and Miller would be a dynamite combo I have no complaints with Fox-Lindgren.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
For what he is, I actually don't mind Lindgren's offense.

His partner puts up some of the best offensive analytics in the league.

All Lindgren has to do is not be a hindrance, and he's certainly done that.

I truly feel he makes Fox even better, he is the ideal partner for him. Fox can do his trickery and sly moves, because he can depend on his partner to cover him. I hope we lock up Lindgren.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Exactly, he made a great play there. I feel like the Lafreniere we've seen the last few weeks would've just been hanging in the circle watching the puck and not actually trying to anticipate and make a play there like he did. That was a good shift overall by him and he got rewarded with the goal. This is how he needs to play every night, let's hope he can build off it.
Feels to me like Laf only looks like a good player when he's on with Chytil and Kakko. Every other combination has resulted in him looking less engaged.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I truly feel he makes Fox even better, he is the ideal partner for him. Fox can do his trickery and sly moves, because he can depend on his partner to cover him. I hope we lock up Lindgren.
I wouldn't necessarily lock him up depending on the terms. Lindgren is one of those players who may fall off a lot given how physically he plays the game at his size. I'm not trying to take anything away from him at all. But he could fall off like Marc Staal later on.

He's the right guy right now, and plays with the most heart. He's the grittiest player on the team by a landslide. I'm 100% happy with him.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Among guys who are, let's say, not elite scorers, he's probably the best play-driver in the league over the last ten years.

Hot take: he's one of the better all-time pure power forwards.

Dominates the boards, makes "stuff" happen, generational at deflections and in front of the net, and FWIW he kicks ass too. He's only had seven fights, which is a consequence of the era he plays in, and you know what? According to fan polls he's 7-0.

It would be amazing if he was a PPG player on top of that, but it would be amazing if I hit powerball. Aside from scoring, Kreider is basically perfect at every other aspect of being a power winger.
After Hank he's always been my favorite ranger of this generation. To your points I just want to add that last night, Mika's second goal was all Kreider. Drive to the inside, literally pull the damn with him, and completely screen the goalie.

I'd also like to say that Kreider came into the league with every physical tool possible and what took time was learning how to be the best player he could be at this level and how to maintain an even keel. I think this bears remembrance when we look at our young players here now. Finding how to maintain confidence has allowed Kreider to continue to get better every year.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
That was the same argument mid last year that the Rangers only beat up on weaker competition. Sorry he can’t move in space time continuum and try to score on opponents the Rangers haven’t faced yet.
Ha but they have actually played playoff bound teams. So this comment is a fallacy.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
The Rangers have a good record against playoff teams other than Boston right?

Edit: We do.

Other than Boston, who beats everyone this year, we’ve only lost 2 games in regulation against teams in the top 3 in their division. And we gave up 3rd period leads in 2 of the 3 OTL.

Carolina, NJ
2-1-1

Boston, Tampa, Toronto
2-2-1

Dallas, Minnesota, Winnipeg
4-1-0

Vegas, Seattle, LA
2-0-1
What does that have to do with my post? I didn't make a comment about the team play against playoff teams, it was about panarin's production against those teams which was a direct response to someone else pumping his tires for 3 assists versus the Panthers echl defense

Lgrsean

Jan 23, 2022
What does that have to do with my post? I didn't make a comment about the team play against playoff teams, it was about panarin's production against those teams which was a direct response to someone else pumping his tires for 3 assists versus the Panthers echl defense
I was responding to - “I want him and this team to beat the upper teams in this league so that they can actually want a cup, I don't care that they occasionally beat up on non-playoff teams”

We have beaten the upper teams in this league at a pretty high rate, and done it with panarin getting around a ppg against those teams. If we could get back a few bad games against teams at the bottom of their division, we’d be on pace for 110 points.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad