• Brendan Harpur

• Braden Schneider

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
That's basically what we had last night. When they showed the lines just before puck drop, the kids were listed as line 2, and overall the kid line got more time at ES than the Trocheck line:

Chytil: 15:53
Laf: 15:19
Kakko: 14:47

Trocheck: 15:06
Vesey: 13:31
Goodrow: 13:39

And for comparison sake, here's the ESTOI for the 1st line:

Panarin: 16:44
Kreider: 16:34
Zib: 16:14

I think that's a pretty good balance.
You are right on the mark and furthermore it has been pretty much this way most of the year. A pretty huge false narrative on here that Vesey and Goodrow get more icetime than the kids. In fact they get less and at even strength even more so. Another factor the kid defenders don't consider is that the kids are better off lined up against the opposing teams 3rd line (to the point it is controllable).

xsniper11x

Jul 12, 2002
Visit site
I willed it to happen!

Bread had space because the other forwards were digging in front of the net. Attack the net front, the defense collapses. Gotta have a diversity of scoring styles.
A combo of that and speed is what all our playmaking Ws need and Panarin is no exception. Might be why Fast worked so well.

Reactions: egelband

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I willed it to happen!

Bread had space because the other forwards were digging in front of the net. Attack the net front, the defense collapses. Gotta have a diversity of scoring styles.
I’ve always thought Chris Kreider is Panarin’s ideal linemate. A guy that excels at a grind game and in front of the net but with actual talent, not 4th line hacks like Colin Blackwell and Dryden Hunt.

Shame it’s never worked at ES because of the whole switch to RW not working most of the time.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
I think these lines are pretty good right now with the exception of line 4. I wanted this top 6 before they signed Trochek. Load up with Zib, Kreider, and Panarin, then the kids, then a third line that can play a more defensive, grind it out game. The kids have been various forms of disappointing all season and at this point if I'm Gallant I tell them to forget about everything that's happened and just go out there and play like a bunch of crazed jackals. They're insulated a bit by the first and third line.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Ladies and gentlemen.

A prime example of being able to twist anything into a negative. You can always count on him.
I'm breaking my silence (I say that as if I wasn't banned for arguing w mitchell miller apologists) to point out you had a grand, dramatic appeal to everyone in an attempt to defend a nyr player and yet no one in a nyr fan group even liked it or reacted. Thaaaat says a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And while I'm doing charts, I present to you a king and god

download (27).png

download (28).png

Imagine not having these two on your team. Must suck.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
You are right on the mark and furthermore it has been pretty much this way most of the year. A pretty huge false narrative on here that Vesey and Goodrow get more icetime than the kids. In fact they get less and at even strength even more so. Another factor the kid defenders don't consider is that the kids are better off lined up against the opposing teams 3rd line (to the point it is controllable).
The kids are indeed better off lined up against lesser players on the other team. The problem is that Gallant doesn’t line match, he just rolls 4 lines

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
His top end speed isn't great, but as a slight guy he actually has a really good first step which he puts to great use all over the ice. Offensively sure, like we saw on that play but he also can often can make the defensive play after a turnover because he accelerates towards the forward using his speed instead of retreating, knowing 9/10 times he'll get beat in foot race down the ice. He reminds me a bit of Stepan who was slow af but a heady player, but Fox is just more skilled- has much better edges and balance, first step, hands, and vision, though Stepan had excellent vision too.

My question on the goalie jumping out of a pants, Fox didn't even have to head fake him or anything, he just held the puck and the goalie was on his knees cutting off the side boards angle leaving the net wide open. I know breakways are tougher for goalies than shootouts and the play developed quickly, but he had to know Fox has the hands to make a move. If that were Igor we'd be all over him I think.

Edit: Rewatched the goal and Fox actually made a subtle twitch and the goalie bit hard. Zbad should learn to be more subtle with his fakes- if Mika lifts his leg you know he's passing.

Mika’s second goal was all on one leg, it was so weird lol

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@Leonardo87 @FultonReed @Ruggs225 After quoting Robin Hood: Men In Tights, I suggest we move on to the venerable and just-as-quotable Police Academy series for the Toronto contest.

So a Police academy themed GDT? I’m on it dude!

“That didn’t hurt”
“That didn’t hurt”
“That hurt”

Considering the last Police Academy movie came out around when the Rangers won a cup, seems fitting. :sarcasm:

Reactions: will1066

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider has been the best even strength forward for years now..... somehow positive on a terrible even strength team.
Among guys who are, let's say, not elite scorers, he's probably the best play-driver in the league over the last ten years.

Hot take: he's one of the better all-time pure power forwards.

Dominates the boards, makes "stuff" happen, generational at deflections and in front of the net, and FWIW he kicks ass too. He's only had seven fights, which is a consequence of the era he plays in, and you know what? According to fan polls he's 7-0.

It would be amazing if he was a PPG player on top of that, but it would be amazing if I hit powerball. Aside from scoring, Kreider is basically perfect at every other aspect of being a power winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad