U20: Lake Placid Tournament, August 1st - 8th

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Lots of rough play in that period. Tuch was taking runs and penalties and eventually got into a "fight" with Lagesson where neither dropped the gloves and just wrestled for a while before being sent off. It'd be nice if he were a bit smarter with his physical play going forward.

The first goal allowed by Oldham was extremely soft. On the second Jones went fishing for the puck while Sweden was entering the zone and got way out of position allowing Bouramman to go in a lone and score.

The Bittner-Turgeon-Bracco line was pretty good in the first. Bracco in particular was controlling the puck well, as he always does. Also liked what I saw from MacInnis as he looks quite improved from last year.

I was hoping Hanifin would stand out more but he was fairly quiet.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
@AdamHerman_BSB
DistinctThisIberianmole.gif

Rough moment for Andersson.

Last edited:

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site

Thanks! Laine is best pure sniper prospect what i seen in long time. That was just short video to look at, but it looks like his skating is better and if that's the case, he will rise to the next draft close to five. Of course he still needs to show Liiga and WJC that he has all the tools to be a one of the best sniper in future NHL. I just cant wait 2016 draft. :yo::popcorn:

Czech Yourself Pal

Dec 25, 2014
Prague
Thanks! Laine is best pure sniper prospect what i seen in long time. That was just short video to look at, but it looks like his skating is better and if that's the case, he will rise to the next draft close to five. Of course he still needs to show Liiga and WJC that he has all the tools to be a one of the best sniper in future NHL. I just cant wait 2016 draft. :yo::popcorn:

Hopefully he doesn't get injured before the WJC, that seems to be a common thing with talented Finnish players.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
The game has softened up a bit. As with the morning game, neither team looks very sharp.

Third Swedish goal was another soft one for Oldham. Certainly a day he'll want to forget.

Foley scored on a short handed break away after a nice play from Colin White to get it to him.

Bracco has been controlling the puck well all game long and generating chances. He had a nice two on one with Bittner but the latter went for a fancy move he had no chance of pulling off rather than just shooting it.

Kyle Connor has been very quiet this game. I expected much more from him.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Hopefully he doesn't get injured before the WJC, that seems to be a common thing with talented Finnish players.

Yes, i have think that injury thing also. I hope Laine and Puljujärvi will get good and healthy whole year, also Juolevi so we have the chance first time to get 3 top10 draftet players. Still, just now before next year, i have Laine and Juolevi about 10th-15th and Puljujärvi third in my book.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Sweden controlled the final period to come away with the 5-2 win. The fourth Swedish goal happened when Hanifin let his man get in behind him for a mini break away. Halverson was actually quite good in goal after replacing Oldham and the final Swedish goal was a late empty netter.

Underwhelming game from USA Blue. Tuch toned down the physical play but didn't really achieve much offensively. MacInnis, like Boeser in the earlier game, didn't do much of anything after I complimented his early play. I had hoped to see more from Dvorak as well.

The defense was average. Fortunato and Dougherty played a lot and didn't make too many mistakes but didn't create much either. Hanifin seemed to be going through the motions and his partner Collins looks like the same player he was last year, which is disappointing. Jones wasn't great and Jacobs wasn't particularly noticeable.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Good to see the Jackets 2 first rounders put up solid performances, especially Werenski playing better than Hanifin ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad