U20: Lake Placid Tournament, August 1st - 8th

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Full highlights from Finland - USA White

What the hell is that defense by Finland? None of those should've been goals :shakehead

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Nobody stood out from D even Saarijärvi was shadow of his PP quarterback. Kähkönen was decent minus... Generally quite bland game, early august hockey not much testosterone or intensity, at times you could see Jukka Jalonen blueprint hockey. Was more even than the score would suggest Rantanen had 2 great chances good save from Usa goalie in another and passed for Aho in another. Puljujärvi circled around D he also had open goal and I think Saarela also had with backhander on breakaway. Laine was quite quiet he got goal in first shift i think and had one Sedin like cycle game with Puljujärvin in first. He also shot over when was alone with goalie in 2nd. Generally most of the players looked the same like last season with theyre good and bad attributes. Didnt notice difference in Laine skating maybe more smooth and balanced. Werenski was king on the ice and Milano and Matthews were good too. Finlands best maybe Tammela had some good plays specially in 2nd.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Did Holmström not play for SWE?

CLel7PdWoAAhUyb.jpg

Looks like him taking the faceoff.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Nobody stood out from D even Saarijärvi was shadow of his PP quarterback. Kähkönen was decent minus... Generally quite bland game, early august hockey not much testosterone or intensity, at times you could see Jukka Jalonen blueprint hockey. Was more even than the score would suggest Rantanen had 2 great chances good save from Usa goalie in another and passed for Aho in another. Puljujärvi circled around D he also had open goal and I think Saarela also had with backhander on breakaway. Laine was quite quiet he got goal in first shift i think and had one Sedin like cycle game with Puljujärvin in first. He also shot over when was alone with goalie in 2nd. Generally most of the players looked the same like last season with theyre good and bad attributes. Didnt notice difference in Laine skating maybe more smooth and balanced. Werenski was king on the ice and Milano and Matthews were good too. Finlands best maybe Tammela had some good plays specially in 2nd.

These games are only, preseason tournament and i don't give much value of this tourney. If Finland lost every single game SO WHAT.
Let's see 26th december when world juniors starts, there Finland will show their best for sure.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Nice passing play between Connor and White, and a great finish from Fortunato. Dunno much about Brandon Fortunato, but he's tiny.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Good chances for both Puljujärvi and Laine at the end of the period. Could be 3-1. Then again Hanifin zipped over an empty netter. The Connor line from USA looking good also. Overall I think Finland had the edge on the first period without looking into the shots.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Who is centering Laine and Puljujärvi since Saarela is not playing?

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Who is centering Laine and Puljujärvi since Saarela is not playing?

Missed the first five (if they even showed the line up). Actually didn't even know he wasn't playing and seems a bit hard to tell from how they announce the names. Can check up from the numbers on the 2nd.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Missed the first five (if they even showed the line up). Actually didn't even know he wasn't playing and seems a bit hard to tell from how they announce the names. Can check up from the numbers on the 2nd.

Might be Frank Gymer(23) since he assisted Puljujärvi's 3-1 goal

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Puljujärvi with a goal. Assisted by Gymer who looks to be centering that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad