U20: Lake Placid Tournament, August 1st - 8th

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Finland coach Jukka Jalonen said his team appeared tired against the United States following a 2-0 loss to Sweden on Friday.

"I thought we played well our first four games and I was happy about our performance, but we ran out of gas mentally and physically [against the United States]," Jalonen said. "The U.S. played very well; they outworked and outskated us."

Kinda similiar what I thought, its not ment as excuse but they just ran empty

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far

US team and Matthews had a strong game yesterday, I guess I have to reluctantly admit that. Let's hope that all the scouts travelled to Hlinka Cup already and didn't see this one. ;)

And of course I could always lean on that pretext that Finland played 5 games in 7 days, since it must be the only rational explanation to what happened on the ice. Matthews obviously gained an unfair advantage by resting that much. USA hockey used trickery to achieve this, no doubt about it. :sarcasm:

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
With, by your comments, this summer tournament being so important to draft rankings, of course there were scouts In Lake Placid. I mean some players moved up in the draft rankings because of their play in this tournament. Well so i've heard.

So nice to see sorcery and trickery back from the days of King Arthur and Sir Lancelot. Oh that Merlin!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
US team and Matthews had a strong game yesterday, I guess I have to reluctantly admit that. Let's hope that all the scouts travelled to Hlinka Cup already and didn't see this one. ;)

And of course I could always lean on that pretext that Finland played 5 games in 7 days, since it must be the only rational explanation to what happened on the ice. Matthews obviously gained an unfair advantage by resting that much. USA hockey used trickery to achieve this, no doubt about it. :sarcasm:

I don't recall us doing that well in this tournament ever(?). It has little meaning in the big picture about success at the WJC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad