Lake Erie Monsters/Kalamazoo Wings Thread V (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
So awesome for the Monsters.

Completely baffling how that ref just blatantly ignores that dangerous boarding call. That's a clear game misconduct, Anderson is lucky he wasn't seriously hurt.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Congratulations. What a team you have. :clap: What a way to end the series. Best of luck in the next series and I hope Lake Erie wins the Calder Cup.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I think we have a few guys ready too RD..

Kukan impressed me a lot with his ability to skate the puck up the ice effectively.
Werenski looks so calm on the puck.
Rychel I think played well, on a side note he looked happy -maybe he and Drouin stay.
Anderson had a great play at the end wow. All heartx

elmariachi227

Aug 27, 2012
Cleveland
Monsters PP has looked very poor all series, need to improve it greatly in the next round

Their powerplay has been pretty bad most of the year. Lots of chances they don't even get a shot.

Refs letting Ontario take late shots after the whistle with very little repercussions

Was even worse Tuesday night. Refs let the Reign get away with a lot of stuff during play.

I think we have a few guys ready too RD..

Kukan impressed me a lot with his ability to skate the puck up the ice effectively.
Werenski looks so calm on the puck.
Rychel I think played well, on a side note he looked happy -maybe he and Drouin stay.
Anderson had a great play at the end wow. All heartx

Werenski has come a long way in a relatively short span. His first few games (remember, he started just at the end of the season), he'd take the puck into the zone every time. He's really confident with the puck on his stick but sometimes I worry about his sense of urgency.

Anderson is pretty good but he needs to calm down a little bit. He's taken a lot of bad penalties this year. Another good/bad thing about him is that he'll throw down in an instant with most of the players in the league.

hf031

Apr 7, 2014
Mooresville, NC
Tickets quickly put on sale for all three potential Finals games at The Q. With that being the case, it doesn't seem there are any scheduling issues with Republican National Convention preparations. I know that was a topic of discussion awhile back.

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
Tickets quickly put on sale for all three potential Finals games at The Q. With that being the case, it doesn't seem there are any scheduling issues with Republican National Convention preparations. I know that was a topic of discussion awhile back.

Can you post the dates and times?

So very happy and proud of the Monsters. Can safely say I've been a huge fan since day 1. Went to the inaugural game and several games each and every year. The team had some really awful seasons early on. Had season tickets up until a few years ago. It's an incredible feeling seeing the team succeed and am glad to see so much support from you guys on here. I don't even care what the Cavaliers do, I just want to see the Monsters win the Calder Cup. :pickle:

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Just watched the highlights. All I can say is wow, what a game by Forsberg. Wish the highlights included the whole play by Anderson. Sounds like he took a hard hit into the boards right before retrieving the puck. Gotta say, I hope to see him play for us in the postseason eventually. Kid has just always been a warrior when it matters.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
The pressure they exert on their opponent in the offensive zone is just relentless. They just don't quit on the puck. Now I'm truly excited for the future of the franchise and that is honestly the first time for me. So many of these kids are on the cusp of pushing for spots on the big club.

hf031

Apr 7, 2014
Mooresville, NC
Can you post the dates and times?

So very happy and proud of the Monsters. Can safely say I've been a huge fan since day 1. Went to the inaugural game and several games each and every year. The team had some really awful seasons early on. Had season tickets up until a few years ago. It's an incredible feeling seeing the team succeed and am glad to see so much support from you guys on here. I don't even care what the Cavaliers do, I just want to see the Monsters win the Calder Cup. :pickle:

Amen! Although I am pulling hard for the Cavs.

Dates still TBD, probably until Toronto/Hershey wraps up. We can at least rule out a few though for home games. NBA Finals games (presuming a Cavs win here) will be played:

Thursday 6/2
Sunday 6/5
Wednesday 6/8
Friday 6/10
Monday 6/13
Thursday 6/16
Sunday 6/19

With the Cavs hosting Watch Parties for every away home, The Q would be booked for those dates. The Gladiators have an arena football game on Friday 6/3 as well.

Monsters will be the higher seed in this series, so you figure they'll open on the road for two. I would sure hope it'll be a 2-2-1-1-1 series, Toronto and Hershey are both close enough to make the travel work and it is the Finals after all.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I liked that Rychel immediately hugged Anderson after Sedlak scored the OT goal. I was worried that there was a lot of contention between the two players since Anderson essentially leapfrogged Rychel last season on the depth chart and got called up first.

Bjorkstrand is NHL caliber. He has a maturity, composure, and skill set that sets him apart from the other AHL players.

Rychel hasn't really set himself apart aside from his willingness to play physical and go to the dirty areas. He's got to improve his puck carrying ability and 15 foot shot. Had a good feed to Sedlak on the 1st period goal. Right now he's playing like he wants to become a 3rd line winger at the NHL level. He was drafted to be a top-6 ~20 goal guy, though, so he has work to do.

Anderson is big. He's got to polish his game, but I see a certain David Backes-esque component to his play. I guess it's because of his reach, guts, and the fact that he has decent hands for a big guy. He's also a good leader.

Milano obviously brings tons of speed and an amazing ability to carry the puck. I'm worried about how his game will translate to the NHL where defenders are not only bigger but also much faster.

Wasn't very impressed with our defense aside from Werenski. Last night was an off night for Kukan who carried the puck well but had a bunch of defensive lapses. Heatherington also was a liability. Werenski had one or two bad passes, but otherwise was solid. He was relied upon to be both the offensive catalyst AND had to be the most defensively responsible guy. That's not really his forte. Match him with someone who plays better defense than Heatherington or Kukan and I think he'll shine.

Sedlak and Hannikainen worked really hard. I could see them being quality bottom-6 guys in the NHL or top-line guys in the AHL.

Finally, Forsberg looks great. Amazing composure and positioning. Don't know why his game hasn't translated to the NHL yet. That's one for Ian Clark to figure out.

You don't win many games where you essentially allow 50 shots on goal, especially in an elimination game. Last night was a gutsy win marked by stellar goaltending and a bit of puck luck.

Last edited:

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
attachment.php

I'm guessing this shirt is just for the players, but damn do I want one... Im probably jumping to conclusions, but I can only guess that WHTFSU stands for "We're here to f*** s*** up." :laugh:

Dexter20

Dec 18, 2013
McDERMID was after Anderson all series he was the guy who boarded him on the last play- they have a history together from the OHL dont like one another

Here is a copy of my post on ANDY from last year :

For those not familiar, here's a brief on his resume

1.Overlooked by every OHL team for the entry draft at 15
2.Overlooked by every OHL team for the entry draft at 16
3.Scored 41 goals 35 A for 76 points in 58 games for Burlington AAA Midget year
4.Invited to London Knights camp as a Free Agent and makes the team as a walk on
5.Plays on a line with Bo Horvat and Chris Tierney in his rookie year
6.2012 Wins an OHL Championship and first Memorial Cup apprearance
7.Drafted by CBJ 94th overall in 2012
8.2013 Wins 2nd OHL Championship and second Memorial Cup appearance
9.2013 makes Team Canada WJC and scores first goal of tournament for Canada
10.2014- OHL Coaches poll wins Best Body Checker
11 2014- OHL Coaches poll wins Hardest Worker
12. Makes 3rd consecutive Memorial Cup appearance
13. 2014 London Knights player awards wins Hardest Worker and Community involvement award
14.Traverse City Prospect Champion

Anyway thought some of you might want to know a little more about him. I think he is a steal as a 4th round draft pick, time will tell

elmariachi227

Aug 27, 2012
Cleveland
Anderson is big. He's got to polish his game, but I see a certain David Backes-esque component to his play. I guess it's because of his reach, guts, and the fact that he has decent hands for a big guy. He's also a good leader.

He's also deceptively fast for his size.

Milano obviously brings tons of speed and an amazing ability to carry the puck. I'm worried about how his game will translate to the NHL where defenders are not only bigger but also much faster.

Milano's pretty creative when he has the puck. His backhand, though, isn't something I think people talk enough about (it should be talked about all the time).

I think the defense was adequate but floundered late in shifts and in OT where you have to condition yourself from making mental errors.

Paliotta did well. Eminger didn't play as good as he normally does.

Wonderful series from Lake Erie. Can't help but pull for you guys moving on. Congratulations!

One last time from my end! Thanks

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jaso...rop-Game-4-in-Overtime-to-Lake-Erie/179/77223

hockeybuzz article said:
Ontario outshot the Reign 14-5 in the third period

heheh

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
McDERMID was after Anderson all series he was the guy who boarded him on the last play- they have a history together from the OHL dont like one another

Here is a copy of my post on ANDY from last year :

For those not familiar, here's a brief on his resume

1.Overlooked by every OHL team for the entry draft at 15
2.Overlooked by every OHL team for the entry draft at 16
3.Scored 41 goals 35 A for 76 points in 58 games for Burlington AAA Midget year
4.Invited to London Knights camp as a Free Agent and makes the team as a walk on
5.Plays on a line with Bo Horvat and Chris Tierney in his rookie year
6.2012 Wins an OHL Championship and first Memorial Cup apprearance
7.Drafted by CBJ 94th overall in 2012
8.2013 Wins 2nd OHL Championship and second Memorial Cup appearance
9.2013 makes Team Canada WJC and scores first goal of tournament for Canada
10.2014- OHL Coaches poll wins Best Body Checker
11 2014- OHL Coaches poll wins Hardest Worker
12. Makes 3rd consecutive Memorial Cup appearance
13. 2014 London Knights player awards wins Hardest Worker and Community involvement award
14.Traverse City Prospect Champion

Anyway thought some of you might want to know a little more about him. I think he is a steal as a 4th round draft pick, time will tell
This post just changed my mind about him. Kid is a winner everywhere he goes and wants to fight to win. He's the type of guy I want on my bottom 6. I really hope he wins their cup for CLE then comes up to the big team where hopefully we fix our setbacks and make the playoffs again. I honestly feel with our new look D and moving out that 4th line for 3 kids would make us a 45 win team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad