Lake Erie Monsters/Kalamazoo Wings Thread V (All Affiliate talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Cyclones start tonight.

Can we get the Cyclones added to the name of this thread, since that seems to be where we're actually sending players?

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
last night's game lines

(lines are in order of first appearance in the game, forward lines are in LW-C-RW order, defensive pairings are in L-R order)

Craig-Tynan-Bjorkstrand
Rychel-Broadhurst-Hannikainen
Milano-Chaput-Moutrey
Gallant-Sedlak-Vogelhuber

Falk-Bodnarchuk
Heatherington-Sifers
Kukan-Paliotta

Forsberg
Korpisalo dressed but did not play

Deblois dressed for warm-ups but was scratched (in the AHL, 19 can dress for the warm-up immediately before the game - the one the fans see).

Madaisky, Ramage, Ambroz, and Yevenko did not dress for warm-ups

Only change from season opener in terms of players dressing was Heatherington replacing Yevenko.

I'll post tonight's lines either tonight or tomorrow.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
My girlfriend who watches most jacket games with me thought the monsters looked better. Unfortunately I didn't disagree with her. By the end of the second the monsters were outshooting Iowa 35-13. Overall a dominating performance. I wish the other fans in Cleveland would have given Mike Reilly a harder time though.

Wishing I could swap my CBJ flex plan for a Monsters one right about now. If the Monsters lose I only have to drive a half hour home instead of 2 hours all pissed off. Plus I have a feeling the Monsters will be playing come April and May over the CBJ unless the team pulls a complete 180.

Random thought: Anyone think Boll would accept a deal with the Monsters once his current contract is up? I think he would be a great captain once Craig retires. I highly doubt he'd be given an NHL contract once this one is up.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
My girlfriend who watches most jacket games with me thought the monsters looked better. Unfortunately I didn't disagree with her. By the end of the second the monsters were outshooting Iowa 35-13. Overall a dominating performance. I wish the other fans in Cleveland would have given Mike Reilly a harder time though.

Wishing I could swap my CBJ flex plan for a Monsters one right about now. If the Monsters lose I only have to drive a half hour home instead of 2 hours all pissed off. Plus I have a feeling the Monsters will be playing come April and May over the CBJ unless the team pulls a complete 180.

Random thought: Anyone think Boll would accept a deal with the Monsters once his current contract is up? I think he would be a great captain once Craig retires. I highly doubt he'd be given an NHL contract once this one is up.

If I'd heard other people booing, I would have booed louder from my upper corner seats. People around me kept giving me looks everytime I shouted things at Reilly.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I had a pretty strict usher in my section. Was worried I might get in trouble for heckling opposing players.

Frank Booth

Feb 13, 2008
Lumberton, USA
I had a pretty strict usher in my section. Was worried I might get in trouble for heckling opposing players.

Strict usher???? Between the Lumberjacks, Barons, and Monsters, I've been at every hockey game played at the Gund/Q, save about 15 or so games, and I've never seen or heard of anyone kicked out for heckling an opposition player, unless it was profane. Most of the ushers are so stupid that they can barley walk upright without their knuckles scraping the ground. So unless you're holding up a sign during play, have a profane sign, yell profanity, or sit in the first 4 rows if you don't have a ticket for them, you'll never get hassled there.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Strict usher???? Between the Lumberjacks, Barons, and Monsters, I've been at every hockey game played at the Gund/Q, save about 15 or so games, and I've never seen or heard of anyone kicked out for heckling an opposition player, unless it was profane. Most of the ushers are so stupid that they can barley walk upright without their knuckles scraping the ground. So unless you're holding up a sign during play, have a profane sign, yell profanity, or sit in the first 4 rows if you don't have a ticket for them, you'll never get hassled there.

I sit in Row 20 and have always had my ticket checked. Maybe I just sit where they assign all the strict ushers.

Heck, one time, my uncle couldn't make it to a game, so I used his seat to place my coat on. Despite being able to show the ticket, I wasn't allowed to use it for my coat.

Last edited:

Frank Booth

Feb 13, 2008
Lumberton, USA
There's a huge difference between an usher checking tickets and throwing someone out for heckling an opposing player. You act like you're at church or the library. It's a hockey game. I sit in the first few rows, they check my ticket once and then for the rest of the game I come and go as I please. Every game, every year. My God, the last thing the team needs is someone posting on here that the games are like a police state, they most certainly are not. If anything, there are quite a few idiots that I wish they would throw out because they yell things that are so stupid.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Depends on how much he likes to play hockey, I'd guess.

He'd be moving from a salary of $1.7 million per year to less than $100,000.

If he wants to play hockey, then he'll do the AHL thing or go to Europe. He'll never see the NHL again after his contract expires (or is bought out).

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
LEM underway in Manitoba

Heatherington, Madaisky, and Ambroz scratched but traveling with team

Ramage and Vogelhuber not traveling with team this weekend

sounds like everyone is healthy.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
LEM underway in Manitoba

Heatherington, Madaisky, and Ambroz scratched but traveling with team

Ramage and Vogelhuber not traveling with team this weekend

sounds like everyone is healthy.

Heatherington and Madaisky scratched?? How have they been playing? What do the D-pairs look like now?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Heatherington and Madaisky scratched?? How have they been playing? What do the D-pairs look like now?

I though Heatherington was one of the great hopes for the future?
And wasn't Madaisky a top scoring D last year?

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006

I thought Heatherington looked really good in the game I saw v. Iowa. Madaisky hasn't played a game yet, to my knowledge. Not sure what's up with that.

KlichkoBro*

Just watched highlights and it looked like Manitoba didn't have any scoring chances, wile Lake Erie could score a few more. Actually Yevenko was paired with Kukan, Siefers with Falk and Paliotta with Bodnarchuk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad