Prospect Info: LAK Draft (35th, 2020) RD Helge Grans - Malmö Redhawks, SHL

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Sheesh so they gambled on a kid that was a forward and still learning to be a defenseman? Hmmmm.... where did we see that before. Well, just gonna cross my fingers on this one.

Reactions: VILARGOD

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
He looks good in videos and love the fact he keeps it simple and shoots a lot of wrist shots in the PP unlike Doughty. Grans defensive game needs work and he struggles to pivot from forwards to backwards during a quick 2 on 1 which is concerning.
I’m not too worried about skating as listening to Yanetti prior to the draft he talked about how when they assess any skating issues they are able to determine if they are problems that can be fixed or worked around. Given where he was taken I’d have to assume they believe they can work on whatever the problems may be.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Because Yanetti basically described this guy as Jack Johnson 2.0 (great physical skills, big hitter, great skater, ****ing clueless defensively) I'm writing his name off my charts until he actually steps onto NHL ice and proves me wrong.

He can have a seat right next to Clague and Kupari on my prospect ignore list.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Because Yanetti basically described this guy as Jack Johnson 2.0 (great physical skills, big hitter, great skater, ****ing clueless defensively) I'm writing his name off my charts until he actually steps onto NHL ice and proves me wrong.

With respect, I think some people are OVERreading the 'needs to work on defense' part of this. This is a kid who has fit right in amongst men already. He's not 'clueless' defensively, that's your word, it's about rounding out his game.

There were plenty of posters who watch him all the time in Sweden who thought he should have been closer to #10 OA on ability.

Reactions: David Lunch

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

This made me laugh.

Seriously though, you'll take JJ 2.0 if it comes with more offensive output and hitting. Johnson has only scored 40 points twice and never got to 10 goals. For all of the supposed skill, that's pretty rough.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Doughty is locked up for eternity. Walker just signed for 4 and Roy looks like he will get a similar contract.

yep, we have time to let this kid develop.

by the time the Walker/Roy contracts start expiring we will have the next group of prospects ready to step in. Can’t have everyone play at once. Smart drafting.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Doughty is locked up for eternity. Walker just signed for 4 and Roy looks like he will get a similar contract.

yep, we have time to let this kid develop.

by the time the Walker/Roy contracts start expiring we will have the next group of prospects ready to step in. Can’t have everyone play at once. Smart drafting.

Voynov was drafted in 2008 and didn’t play until 2012. Clague was drafted in 2016 and didn’t play until 2020. If the Kings are relying on anyone drafted after the first round to contribute immediately, they’re in trouble regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad