Laine relegated to the 4th line

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Those lines give me heartburn. A perfect example of a coach thinking he's the smartest guy in the room. Why put Laine and Atkinson in the bottom six on different lines?

At this point in the season, who gives a flying f*** what the lines are lol. We're just trying to evaluate players and get better draft odds. On top of that, Torts is likely moving on.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Laine has been mailing it in since the 2nd benching by Torts.

We will see where his career goes next year.

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Which Finnish team is the favorite to sign him? Looks like he'll be there in a few years.
I’d guess one of the teams that don’t always choke in the playoffs. Karpat is a good option, has won many championships since 1967.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Can't see him playing in the NHL after this season, at least for a year to two. Who's gonna qualify this guy at $7.5 mil to underperform and cause drama wherever he goes?
Lol.....the over reaching on these boards is a constant source of entertainment.

You don't think he's going to be qualified? They're either going to build around him or trade him to a team where he's a better fit. You'd be nuts not to qualify him.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
He needs to play on a top line with great two way players.

If he was playing with Bergeron and Marchand he’d pot 50 and look good doing it.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
i dont understand the trade at all. kekalainen got his young finish star but forgot to ask tortz if he is ok with that type of player. surely there was a communication error in front office... tortorella can grind water out of stone with a roster full of plugs but thats all he does, now kekalainen has to go all in and fire the coach 6-7 m. cap hit on the 4line... this is torts saying f.u to his gm.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
i dont understand the trade at all. kekalainen got his young finish star but forgot to ask tortz if he is ok with that type of player. surely there was a communication error in front office... tortorella can grind water out of stone with a roster full of plugs but thats all he does, now kekalainen has to go all in and fire the coach 6-7 m. cap hit on the 4line... this is torts saying f.u to his gm.

Yet again the coach and GM are being blamed. How about Laine show a pulse and act like freaking professional instead of acting like he's God's gift to the league?

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
Yet again the coach and GM are being blamed. How about Laine show a pulse and act like freaking professional instead of acting like he's God's gift to the league?

and of all coaches in the nhl, its going to be tortz who is putting the professional back in laine ? pls... this trade was done by people who were sniffing their own farts to much.

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Jump that fire Columbus Laine. Easy quick. Whatever where ya doin' over there in Columbus, Laine?!

Anyway.

Start a fire?!

No way Laine will land in Columbus the rest of his career (of evil); he's way to good for that.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Torts letting his ego get the better of him as usual. I'm sure the Columbus organization will appreciate his approach when they're forced to trade Laine for pennies on the dollar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad