Speculation: Laine Mega Thread

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Remember when Eklund was an actual guest on sportsnet deadline day in 2007 or whatever
And he reported on air that Ryan Smyth had signed a cheap five-year contract with the Oilers about ten minutes before he was traded to the Islanders. The contract terms were sent to Eklund by a poster from OilFans.com as a joke.

Last edited:

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
I hope Eklund has a backup plan.

This hockey insider thing isn’t working out too well for him.

You'd think so but he's been peddling his crap for years and years and people still lop it up. Surely he knows he's a meme by now. Probably enjoys it too.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
I can't comprehend why people still keep linking that guy's rumours in here.

It's like taking Jdogg's proposals here seriously.

Reactions: islesfan3913

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The way the post is worded, it could just be Winnipeg making the ask for Barzal. That's fine of them to do but the Isles will say no and all we get out of it is an Eklund rumor.

If the isles were seriously kicking the tires on Laine, it is much more likely that they would offer up 26 yr old RHD Pulock+, then 23 yr old !C Barzal.

Isles do have 20 yr old Dobson, whose upside they are high on . They have no high end center prospects in their system and I cannot see them wanting Nelson or Pags in that top line center role.
Even then, with the isles relying so heavily on their D, I am not sure I believe they would move both Toews+ Pulock in the same off season.

Reactions: KrisBeKreame

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
And he reported on air that Ryan Smyth had signed a cheap five-year contract with the Oilers about ten minutes before he was traded to the Islanders. The contract terms were sent to Eklund by a poster from OilFans.com as a joke too.
Lol I would like this post but I've lost my privileges.
Didn't he say someone else was for sure traded but their name wasn't mentioned the rest of the day ahaha

Reactions: Del Preston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad