Speculation: Laine Mega Thread

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If Laine really asks for Draisaitl money or more he’s going to spook a lot of teams and it’s likely the teams find out his contract demand at some point. The issue with Laine is what Is his problem with the team? He was happy in WPG. Is this all just him feeling unappreciated? You’d think he would realize his situation in WPG is very good. He plays on a good team with a supportive fan base. Is his relationship with the coaching or team leaders that bad? He seems like a nice kid from the few interviews I’ve seen. Hopefully he lands in a good situation of it isn’t with WPG long term.

Reactions: Pongs21

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
This year:

October 12th to November 16th: 1 goal
December 27th to January 17th: 1 goal
February 11th to March 3rd: 2 goals

Last season:

March 1st to April 6th: 1 goal
December 31st to February 20th: 1 goal

Do you have a clue who Laine is? Have you ever watched him?
How many assists? And how many more points then your so called number one center?

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
This year:

Last season:

Cherry picking is such a nice job. How do you enjoy it?

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
How many assists? And how many more points then your so called number one center?

Actually over the past 2 seasons Barzal has outscored Laine 122-113. So you're wrong (again).

If we expand it to the last 3 seasons Barzal outscored him 207-183.

Both players played the same amount of games each year.

Last edited:

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
If Laine really asks for Draisaitl money or more he’s going to spook a lot of teams and it’s likely the teams find out his contract demand at some point. The issue with Laine is what Is his problem with the team? He was happy in WPG. Is this all just him feeling unappreciated? You’d think he would realize his situation in WPG is very good. He plays on a good team with a supportive fan base. Is his relationship with the coaching or team leaders that bad? He seems like a nice kid from the few interviews I’ve seen. Hopefully he lands in a good situation of it isn’t with WPG long term.
Drai money? That’s one of the best steals in the league at the moment, Wheeler makes Drai money. Voracek, OEL, Getzlaf, Subban, Skinner all make Drai money. Drai money would be completely fair for Laine,what are you talking about?

Reactions: robertocarlos

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Actually over the past 2 seasons Barzal has outscored Laine 122-113. So you're wrong (again).

I think goals is much more important than things like secondary assists.

Laine leads in career goal scoring 138 to 59.

Anyways, you guys should be embarrassed arguing over an Eklund rumour. Trade doesn’t even make sense. Move on.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014

Both players played the same amount of games each year.
You listed shitty dates by dates that has nothing to do with anything!

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
I think goals is much more important than things like secondary assists.

Laine leads in career goal scoring 138 to 59.

Anyways, you guys should be embarrassed arguing over an Eklund rumour. Trade doesn’t even make sense. Move on.
I’m playing defense just like Laine. He’s on the horrible offensive that’s that trying to hard.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Drai money? That’s one of the best steals in the league at the moment, Wheeler makes Drai money. Voracek, OEL, Getzlaf, Subban, Skinner all make Drai money. Drai money would be completely fair for Laine,what are you talking about?

Drai is one of the best players in the league. I’m not sure Laine is there yet. If Laine asks for 9 is he that good? Some teams will say yes some won’t. I don’t see EDM or COL even considering a Rantanen or Drai swap for Laine for example. I’m not saying Laine can’t be that good but I’m guessing if you ran a poll those that the majority wouldn’t see him as a top of the league player just yet even if he is already excellent and has the potential to be better.

Reactions: saffronleaf

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
"One of the people to like this post will become a millionaire"

"anyone else here because of xxx?"

The place is full of insightful comments like that. And lots of ads.

"Blah blah blah that will blow your mind"

"Blah blah blah Scientist can't explain"

"Blah blah blah explained"

"The True Explanation of blah blah blah"

"Who else is watching this in 2020?"

"20 moments that will blow your mind"

"Those 3 people disliking this must have no life outside their basements"

Explaining Youtube will indeed blow your mind...

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
This year:

Last season:

I’m not going to disagree that he has slumps. He’s 22 years old. I’m sure I can find some slumps for Barzal too. Having said that you’re being pretty misleading by ignoring assists when I’m willing to guess that you’re also the type of person to call Laine a one trick pony. Why ignore that he got 7, 7, and 4 assists in the spans you mentioned this year? Might not be allstar stats but it’s certainly not disappearing for months either.
Update on Barzal from this year:
Dec 27-feb 1 1goal
Feb 6- mar 3 1 goal
Dec 3-dec 19 1 ast
Looks like he “dissapears” for months as well

Last edited:

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Drai is one of the best players in the league. I’m not sure Laine is there yet. If Laine asks for 9 is he that good? Some teams will say yes some won’t. I don’t see EDM or COL even considering a Rantanen or Drai swap for Laine for example. I’m not saying Laine can’t be that good but I’m guessing if you ran a poll those that the majority wouldn’t see him as a top of the league player just yet even if he is already excellent and has the potential to be better.
Yes Drai is one of the best players in the league but that does not mean you can ignore the steal that he’s on. By that arguement Laine isn’t better than Scheifele so I guess 6 mil is the max for Laine? Does this also mean that Rantanen is better than Drai? He’s paid more so I guess he must be? Using Drai is just a silly argument and makes it look like you either have an agenda or don’t know what you’re talking about.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
As a Flyer fan that has a high view of Laine, we should be all over this....we are a team with many nice young pieces to make a trade work....something around Frost and Sanheim and a first or second round pick should get it done.....we need a nice young sniper on our team!

Reactions: Guttersniped

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Yes Drai is one of the best players in the league but that does not mean you can ignore the steal that he’s on. By that arguement Laine isn’t better than Scheifele so I guess 6 mil is the max for Laine? Does this also mean that Rantanen is better than Drai? He’s paid more so I guess he must be? Using Drai is just a silly argument and makes it look like you either have an agenda or don’t know what you’re talking about.
Why can't it be both?

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
As a Flyer fan that has a high view of Laine, we should be all over this....we are a team with many nice young pieces to make a trade work....something around Frost and Sanheim and a first or second round pick should get it done.....we need a nice young sniper on our team!

There is potential here.

Reactions: Devonator

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
If the Isles traded us Barzal for Laine and included any kind of draft pick .......I can't even comprehend that level of ecstasy.

Reactions: Dache

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->