Speculation: Laine Mega Thread

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
And who will be the Isles #1 center after this trade?

Also, Laine is no where near a Trotz kind of player. Louie Lams wasn't born yesterday.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
The way the post is worded, it could just be Winnipeg making the ask for Barzal. That's fine of them to do but the Isles will say no and all we get out of it is an Eklund rumor.

Reactions: Morrison

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
I'm not defending Eklund by any means, BUT I do wonder about the contract negotiations with the Islanders and how much Barzal is asking for. If I'm the Islanders, I'd sign Barzal to whatever he wants and if need be I'd trade other players to free up cap space, if that is a requirement. You can argue that it is more important to have a #1 dman than a #1 center, but there aren't many out there who'd argue that a 1st line winger is more valuable than a first line center, even if that winger is a legit 40 goal scorer. If Barzal is traded for Laine, Laine will have no one on the Islanders to get him the puck and he'd be hard pressed to score 30 goals. Plus, all indications are that Laine is going to want $9 million a year on his next contract, so even if contract talks with Barzal aren't going very well, I'd rather pay him what he wants than give Laine $9 million a year.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Agreed makes NO sense for the Islanders. I do see the Isles being interested in acquiring Laine to play on Barzal's wing.

Reactions: Psych0dad

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Besides the fact that everyone here pretty much unanimously agrees Barzal > Laine, there is 0 chance Trotz would let this happen

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->