Laine doing it right away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Really? I swear I saw some stat sheet on Reddit or during an intermission saying the ES stats were identical.

Maybe it was the regular season stats and I mixed them up
Don't worry, you are right. The metrics at ES were practically even, yes, but to suggest that it was the special teams that made the difference is laughable. False, actually.

However, bringing up those stats is a fantastic way of discrediting the Jets' incredible forward depth, which did outplay that of their opponent.

Reactions: Snowman

Zero Requiem

Only death is eternal
Jul 3, 2014
Replace Laine with rookie Ovie and the Jets are a lock for the cup, incredibly stupid thread.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
He isn't really moving his feet well, and turns a lot of pucks over. He just seem off, so I can certainly buy that he is playing through a tough injury. It doesn't seem to affect his shot, but he's not usually this immobile.

What speaks against that theory is that if he had an injury that severely limited how well he moved, I don't think the coaches would scream at him to move his feet better.

In either case, he's found a way to stay productive which is good.
Are you referring to that clip where Maurice yells: "move your f***ing feet kid!"? That was aimed at Ehlers. EDIT: here's the clip + before you start arguing he yelled it to Laine, Maurice said later in the press it was to Ehlers

Last edited:

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
This is the most stupid thread i have ever seen. Jets fans have a weird fetish this year for trying to compare Laine to OV. Kid is good, but its too early.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
This is the most stupid thread i have ever seen. Jets fans have a weird fetish this year for trying to compare Laine to OV. Kid is good, but its too early.

Do you not think that Ovi is the best player to compare Laine to?

He's not at Ovi's level yet but he's knocking on the door.

Already finished 2nd in scoring.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Do you not think that Ovi is the best player to compare Laine to?

He's not at Ovi's level yet but he's knocking on the door.

Already finished 2nd in scoring.
i think healthy Stamkos is a better comp honestly. Laine doesn't really remind me of Ovechkin other than being a goal scoring winger with a great shot

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
OP is in fact a Finnish anti-Laine fan and a devoted Puljujärvi fan, whom was always trying to promote Puljujärvi over Laine, and dissing Laine whenever he had an opportunity to do it. I think this is his way to poke the anti-Laine beehive and get people in general provoked to post here comments to put Laine down. Lame in my opinion, but a lot of this kind of stuff is going on on these boards unfortunately.

Last edited:

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Don't worry, you are right. The metrics at ES were practically even, yes, but to suggest that it was the special teams that made the difference is laughable. False, actually.

However, bringing up those stats is a fantastic way of discrediting the Jets' incredible forward depth, which did outplay that of their opponent.

Alright my bad

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I didn't say it was built around Laine only. Read more carefully.
So then wouldn't Chicago's multiple cups with Patrick Kane have already debunked this?

Also, Ovechkin is still alive in the playoffs. This thread is weird.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Maybe if your Jets buddies didn’t make a thread every week about Laine going to the bathroom and taking shots at Matthews in all his threads that would be the case. You give, what you get.
That's quite ironic stuff coming from you, almost forgot to ignore you but good on you for showing that your salty childish ways werent't just a one off thing.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
That's quite ironic stuff coming from you, almost forgot to ignore you but good on you for showing that your salty childish ways werent't just a one off thing.

What’s ironic? I get replied to only after Laine actually does something relevant...his first two games were constant and then crickets for weeks....I wonder why? Can’t gloat without much going on right. Ignore away buddy.

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
Exactly, a passenger being framed as the team’s best player and “big time” option by Jets fans. A secondary piece

being a leaf fan I am sure you know a lot about "secondary pieces".

perhaps the leafs whole team?

but carry on, at least the jets are still playing

Reactions: Snowman

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
I'd be incredibly happy even if Laine wouldn't score any points anymore in The playoffs if Jets win the cup, and Patty get his ring.

Then he could skate and shoot next 20 years without that kind personal career pressures. Also, certain dudes would shut up, or at least change their narrative. Win-Win. :)

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I might be echoing some points other people have already made, but you can't build a winner around any player anymore, no matter how good he is and regardless of whether he is a center or winger. Crosby did not win those Cups by himself. Similarly speaking, Patrick Kane didn't either. But both were major contributors to their teams' cup-winning runs.

The whole "building around centers" notion is a myth, which people take for granted. You just need good players at all positions.

Reactions: Ippenator

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
we friggin' wish....

for years Ovechkin was basically being asked to be both Laine AND Wheeler, Backstrom to be both Scheifele AND Stastny.

glad that other people have also been correcting this, Jets and Caps aren't built the same at all. The last time they even resembled each other top to bottom, one team was in Atlanta.
Part of that being Ovi’s doing. He was told to write his own check and he did, taking 16.82% of the cap. He selfish and doesn’t care for team succes.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
i wonder if putin will take his ring if he wins.

(this sounds like im crazy/prejudiced ......but ive heard this legit happened irl to someone. cant remember who. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad