Laine doing it right away

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
You really are a dense one, what’s Laine’s role with the Jets been these last two years? As a goal scorer, no one ever says “Hey, look at Laine passing that puck” you Jets fans just take what you can get to fit your narrative. 1 goal in 10 games....from a 40 plus goal scorer and you want to state “But hey about the assists”. Yes he’s being carried by others and has been a passenger for the majority of the playoffs, want a cookie?

So what, his team is winning

I'll take a chocolate chip cookie, chump ....

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
I think people need to calm down about Laine’s goal production. A lot of that comes from the PP. But teams are covering him. That’s fine you can’t cover everyone, that just leaves either Stastny or Scheifele open.

Reactions: Ippenator

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
being a leaf fan I am sure you know a lot about "secondary pieces".

perhaps the leafs whole team?

but carry on, at least the jets are still playing

Lmao funny coming from a guy’s who’s team was inherited from another lol. You Jets fans talk a lot of smack for a team that had the same core and didn’t make the playoffs last year. Oilers 2018 lol

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Lmao funny coming from a guy’s who’s team was inherited from another lol. You Jets talk a lot of smack for a team that had the same core and didn’t make the playoffs last years. Oilers 2018 lol

I've heard better chirps from a dead sparrow.

"LOL YOUR TEAM SUCKS" as we go on to do something the Leafs haven't been able to touch for over 15 years.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Yes his team is winning and he certainly isn’t the catalyst like he’s being made out to be. Rather amusing

Was the argument that he's not the catalyst or that he's not playing well? You seem to keep inferring that he's playing bad.

I mean....I don't recall your argument about assists not counting being based on him being the catalyst.

Reactions: Snowman

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Lmao funny coming from a guy’s who’s team was inherited from another lol. You Jets fans talk a lot of smack for a team that had the same core and didn’t make the playoffs last year. Oilers 2018 lol
nah, they're a good possession team, with pretty sustainable numbers. Don't see them falling off the same cliff unless they make some bad roster decisions.

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016

if you knew anything about the jets, you would know that the reason for the turnaround is goaltending.

hellybuck is a much better goalie this year, but you are correct the rest of the core is the same.

you may want to change your avatar. Chris Jericho is from Winnipeg.

not sure he is crazy enough to be a leaf fan

Reactions: rosenqvist

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com

Zero playoff series wins in 15 years. Zero championships in the post-moon landing era. Maybe if your team was good, you wouldn't have to spend so much time getting rattled online about more successful teams with more accomplished players achieving something you've never seen from your team in your lifetime. Beat it, son.

PS - Jericho is a Jets fan.

Last edited:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

The Jets and the Oilers are not similar at all.

The Jets finished second in the entire league over an 82 game stretch. They knocked off the #1 team in the second round and are currently leading the WCF. They also have multiple great core pieces in their organization - Byfuglien, Laine, Schieffle, Wheeler, and great goaltending and very good defense.

I get the whole Jets - Leafs rivalry because of Matthews vs Laine and the multiple threads made over the past year comparing pieces and the organizations in general. However, Leaf fans need to shut up and take the L. The Jets became one of the leagues elite teams and are showing that in the playoffs this year. The Leafs showed no real progression with their playoff showing this year. It looks extremely sad on their fans when the Jets are further than the Leafs have been in 15 years.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
The Jets and the Oilers are not similar at all.

The Jets finished second in the entire league over an 82 game stretch. They knocked off the #1 team in the second round and are currently leading the WCF. They also have multiple great core pieces in their organization - Byfuglien, Laine, Schieffle, Wheeler, and great goaltending and very good defense.

I get the whole Jets - Leafs rivalry because of Matthews vs Laine and the multiple threads made over the past year comparing pieces and the organizations in general. However, Leaf fans need to shut up and take the L. The Jets became one of the leagues elite teams and are showing that in the playoffs this year. The Leafs showed no real progression with their playoff showing this year. It looks extremely sad on their fans when the Jets are further than the Leafs have been in 15 years.

How are you even comparing the teams? The Jets core is in their prime while the majority of the Leafs core has been in the league two seasons lol. Like I said you would think Laine is carrying a bunch of scrubs to the Western Conference Finals. Buff has been through the playoff wars, Wheeler and Scheif are in their primes. Comparing the Jets to the Leafs is ludicrous, in fact they should have been more embarrassed of picking 2nd two year ago considering the pieces that were already on the team.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Zero playoff series wins in 15 years. Zero championships in the post-moon landing era. Maybe if your team was good, you wouldn't have to spend so much time getting rattled online about more successful teams with more accomplished players achieving something you've never seen from your team in your lifetime. Beat it, son.

PS - Jericho is a Jets fan.

This coming from a guy that’s seen his team have one good playoff drive lol. I was around plenty when the Leafs had their near misses to the Stanley Cup finals in the 90’s and early 2000’s and was also around when your original Jets folded. So again, I wouldn’t be talking much smack over one year

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
How are you even comparing the teams? The Jets core is in their prime while the majority of the Leafs core has been in the league two seasons lol. Like I said you would think Laine is carrying a bunch of scrubs to the Western Conference Finals. Buff has been through the playoff wars, Wheeler and Scheif are in their primes. Comparing the Jets to the Leafs is ludicrous, in fact they should have been more embarrassed of picking 2nd two year ago considering the pieces that were already on the team.

Hey we finally agree on something.

Reactions: behemolari

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
This coming from a guy that’s seen his team have one good playoff drive lol. I was around plenty when the Leafs had their near misses to the Stanley Cup finals in the 90’s and early 2000’s and was also around when your original Jets folded. So again, I wouldn’t be talking much smack over one year

If the Leafs were having the season the Jets are having right now, it would be pandemonium in Toronto.

Reactions: Snowman

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
if you knew anything about the jets, you would know that the reason for the turnaround is goaltending.

hellybuck is a much better goalie this year, but you are correct the rest of the core is the same.

you may want to change your avatar. Chris Jericho is from Winnipeg.

not sure he is crazy enough to be a leaf fan

If you think my avatar pic is Chris Jericho you got more problems than ya think, my username might be a nice play on words from his gimmick which I enjoy.

Well any blind squirrel can see Helly is a better goalie this year but management sure didn’t have much faith when they signed Mason though did they. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
If you think my avatar pic is Chris Jericho you got more problems than ya think, my username might be a nice play on words from his gimmick which I enjoy.

Well any blind squirrel can see Helly is a better goalie this year but management sure didn’t have much faith when they signed Mason though did they. Hindsighg is 20/20 I guess.

To a 2 year contract. You remove context from everything hoping you'll get some garbage to stick to the wall.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Both the Jets and Oilers are more successful franchises than the Leafs. It must be hard to be a Leafs fan cheering for that garbage year after year. Zero playoff series wins and 1 season with more wins than losses in the past 15 years, yikes

What the heck have the Jets done to be more succesful than the Leafs? Lose the team? That’s comical. You’re lucky to even be back in the league after the catastrophy the first time.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013

The Leafs and Jets have a similar make up to their teams actually. The difference? The Jets veterans are actually good. The Leafs veterans are terrible which is why there is so much emphasis on their recent draft talent. Tyler Bozak, Gardiner, JVR are winning nothing when relied upon. Go crawl back into your hole Leafs fan. Laine > Matthews.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
What the heck have the Jets done to be more succesful than the Leafs? Lose the team? That’s comical. You’re lucky to even be back in the league after the catastrophy the first time.

Well.....if we want to go back to when the Leafs made it as far as the Jets have, we have to go back this far.

upload_2018-5-14_15-52-16.png

If we win 3 more games then we have to go all the way back this far

upload_2018-5-14_15-53-17.png

Also this Jets team has put up more regular season points than any Leafs team in history.

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016

Well any blind squirrel can see Helly is a better goalie this year but management sure didn’t have much faith when they signed Mason though did they. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

if that is the best you got.....it is time to leave while you think you are ahead.

it had nothing to do with their confidence in hellybuck.

they needed 2 goalies to have a chance, like most teams do.

mason was obtained because they did not trust Hutchinson as the backup and thought competition would be a good thing.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Win at least 2 playoff rds in the last 15 years? Laine has contributed to this with 11 pts in his first 13 NHl playoff games.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
if that is the best you got.....it is time to leave while you think you are ahead.

it had nothing to do with their confidence in hellybuck.

they needed 2 goalies to have a chance, like most teams do.

mason was obtained because they did not trust Hutchinson as the backup and thought competition would be a good thing.

So you actually think you spent 4 million on a backup goaltender for “competition” in the salary cap era? You must be joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad