Laine doing it right away

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
A lot of comparison have made between Ovechkin and Laine and it many thought that Jets won't be going far because it's built in the same way as Washington that haven't been able to do anything during Ovechkin's time. Now Jets with Laine are already in the WCF and have a great shot at the cup. Does this change the thought that you can't build winner team with the franchise winger?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
A lot of comparison have made between Ovechkin and Laine and it many thought that Jets won't be going far because it's built in the same way as Washington that haven't been able to do anything during Ovechkin's time. Now Jets with Laine are already in the WCF and have a great shot at the cup. Does this change the thought that you can't build winner team with the franchise winger?

Laine isn't even close to the Jets best player.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
Winnipeg is not built around Laine and neither is any other hockey team built around 1 player.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Honestly, I've been quite annoyed with Laine's play. He's pretty good with the puck but that's really all he's been doing recently. I swear if you could blend Laine's puck skills with Perreault's hustle, you'd have a Heart candidate.

Reactions: Pongs21

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We like Laine.

Thank jeebus that Toronto did not draft him.

tumblr_p4q3h4ZOtV1v3bau3o1_500.gif

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Kucherov is better than Laine and has been to the third round multiple times. The Jets aren't built around Laine, either.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Honestly, I've been quite annoyed with Laine's play. He's pretty good with the puck but that's really all he's been doing recently. I swear if you could blend Laine's puck skills with Perreault's hustle, you'd have a Heart candidate.

I don’t think it’s hustle, I think it’s stamina(as well as some bad agility). His body frame is way to big for him to handle as he is still very young and he is yet to fully develop to it. Lucky for him he plays with one of(probably the) best 6’5”(or taller) player in the league when it comes to both stamina and skating in Blake Wheeler. If he can even come close to picking up Wheelers skill in that area he should challenge for many Harts.

Reactions: Ippenator

SavedByRoy

Bite the noose
Feb 17, 2006
Fort Myers
Thread fail. Laine is not a top 3 player on the Jets these playoffs (yet), so this situation answers nothing with building a team around a winger.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
I don’t think it’s hustle, I think it’s stamina(as well as some bad agility). His body frame is way to big for him to handle as he is still very young and he is yet to fully develop to it. Lucky for him he plays with one of(probably the) best 6’5”(or taller) player in the league when it comes to both stamina and skating in Blake Wheeler. If he can even come close to picking up Wheelers skill in that area he should challenge for many Harts.
Yeah he's definetly looked like he hasn't grown into his body yet. That's one of the things that makes the hype around him. He's doing what he does while still looking raw. I think he's going to be an amazing player but we need more out of him if we are going to win the cup.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
He doesn't have a chance in hell with McDavid in the league and other better young players around.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Kucherov is better than Laine and has been to the third round multiple times. The Jets aren't built around Laine, either.

Laine is better at the same relative age and has more goals than Kucherov has ever had this season. That being said Kucherov is likely to have a better career unless Laine develops quite a bit over the years like Kucherov did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad