La liga 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
There was that picture circulating that didn’t do him any favours. If I’m Koeman I’d give him a month off
pedri.jpg

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Pedri did seem happy to go to the Olympics though. Either way the key will be Koeman giving him sufficient rest and actually using the other players at his disposal, IE Puig.

Reactions: Power Man

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Even as a fan of a rival Pedri is one of those talents I don't want to see peak early. Mans is taking in an insane workload for someone who wasn't 18 when last season started.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I haven't seen much of preseason but to the surprise of absolutely no one Barca will be bailed out by La masia not only is a golden generation looming there's a log jam in the midfield with Frenkie, Puig, Pedri, new kid, Gavi and Moriba? One more possibly more won't be able to make the team regularly. MOriba will most likely be the odd guy out but I think another one leaves too and that looks like Puig at the moment.

This time Bart isn't there to spend a billion on Coutinho. They use those funds better and barca are set for the next decade. Laporte had it right from the beginning when he said Barcelona need to rely on La masia not only for the pitch but for market too.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I also think Puig will be the odd man out unless the next??? Coach gives him a real chance. I'm sure Koeman will make him ride the bench. I rather have him loaned to a team like Alavés or Mallorca

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The midfield is a problem, but it's one of those good problems. Here are some of the issues:
  • Koeman. Biggest issue right now. He should be replaced and I'd take Xavi over him in a heartbeat. He clearly doesn't like Riqui, he doesn't give him the minutes he should be getting and thus he's ruining his development. I'm not a fan of a loan because the vast majority of the time they mean the player is gone. On top of that there should be a lot of minutes for Riqui this season. Anyway, Koeman is at least giving youngsters a chance, but he's also missed the boat with a few obvious choices.
  • We have 3 midfield spots, but a logjam at CM with Frenkie, Riqui, Pedri and potentially Gavi. Frenkie can go to DM, but considering how he's "evolved" not sure that would get the best out of him. That said it would work. Anyway, not so much a logjam as 4 players for 2 positions is ideal, but the rotation would need to be done right.
  • Midfielders are all of a similar profile. It'd be nice to get one alternative option other than Frenkie.
Again most of those are good problems. What I'd like to see this season:
  • Pedri playing significantly less minutes. At minimum he needs to be rested to start the season. No reason why Riqui can't start and be used to pick up the slack.
  • Gavi in the first team only if he's going to see some regular minutes. Otherwise he's wasted to just sitting on the bench and it won't help his development.
  • Riqui getting A LOT more minutes. Multiple competition and he should be starting plenty of matches this season.
  • Add Sergi to the mix. He's a different profile enough so that he can get more minutes and RB is more than covered.
One or two midfielders I'd be interested in seeing the club bring in, but for me the priority really is making sure the talents we have are being utilized. Hopefully the club employs a manager that can get the best out of them.

Reactions: gary69

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You know Sergi will be playing instead of Riqui, right?

Gavi doesn't belong here being 16. Let him play on the B team.
LOOOL probably sadly...

He shouldn't be I agree but after Fati/Pedri and what I've read I wouldnt be surprised if he forces Koeman's hand.

@les Habs also mentioned how they have the same profile, I think thats the biggest problem. We might have another Cesc/Thiago issue. Regardless if Im barca im shipping out Moriba asap.

Frenkie can play DM but I agree with LH he would be kind of wasted there.

Reactions: les Habs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You know Sergi will be playing instead of Riqui, right?

Gavi doesn't belong here being 16. Let him play on the B team.

You know that's not Sergi's fault right? You know I'm calling for Koeman to be replaced, right? You know Sergi brings a completely different profile, one we need, right? You know I'm Riqui's biggest advocate on this forum, right? I'm not the one worried about missing out on the next Pogba.

Gavi belongs if he's good enough and if he'll get enough minutes. The problem might be the minutes, so yeah, as I already noted, B team would be most likely.

LOOOL probably sadly...

He shouldn't be I agree but after Fati/Pedri and what I've read I wouldnt be surprised if he forces Koeman's hand.

@les Habs also mentioned how they have the same profile, I think thats the biggest problem. We might have another Cesc/Thiago issue. Regardless if Im barca im shipping out Moriba asap.

Frenkie can play DM but I agree with LH he would be kind of wasted there.

With regards to Frenkie, "kind of" wasted. He can carry the ball if need be much better than Busquets, but then the other guys and/or FBs need to cover for him. So again, "kind of" wasted.

And yes, get rid of Moriba yesterday.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Hopefully they don’t ratify that investment deal in La Liga. Madrid might vote against it, but Perez might have ulterior motives as well. Tebas should relax the salary cap a bit rather than sell part of the league. I don’t care if Mother Theresa shows up with an armored car, you don’t sell your league that way. All the clubs could use the cash, but.find another way. La Liga is it’s own unique “brand” and you don’t want to ruin that.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad