La liga 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
What is La Liga getting from that deal other than short term cash?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Thanks. Sounds like pissing in your pants kind of thing to me?

Well, basically, they would be selling 10% of the league to an investor and that investor would have some sort of control over TV right money for the next 50 years.

It is a ludicrous proposition. Barca and Real were never going to go for it. They need money, but they want to control that money. They always were favored in the TV money distribution.

This is also why they want the Super League, they want to control the revenue stream.

Reactions: les Habs

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Well, basically, they would be selling 10% of the league to an investor and that investor would have some sort of control over TV right money for the next 50 years.

It is a ludicrous proposition. Barca and Real were never going to go for it. They need money, but they want to control that money. They always were favored in the TV money distribution.

This is also why they want the Super League, they want to control the revenue stream.

Exactly. Short term benefit - long term issues.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Coutniho, pjanic, Sam and Roberto are 4 of the 5 highest earners at barca. Not a single one of them should show their face again.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Coutniho, pjanic, Sam and Roberto are 4 of the 5 highest earners at barca. Not a single one of them should show their face again.

Well the obvious missing name there is Griezmann, but from what I've seen Dembele is up there too. Either way, give it a rest. Their right to agree a contract if it's on the table. Blame the previous board. That said the current board should jettison a lot of the top earners.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well the obvious missing name there is Griezmann, but from what I've seen Dembele is up there too. Either way, give it a rest. Their right to agree a contract if it's on the table. Blame the previous board. That said the current board should jettison a lot of the top earners.
Griezzy is at least good. I wouldn’t have these guys play at la masia tbh.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Griezzy is at least good. I wouldn’t have these guys play at la masia tbh.

I don't know if "good" is the word I'd use. It isn't actually, at least not for us. And even if he is "good", it's not good enough to justify what we're paying him.

If Sergi agrees a significant reduction in wages I'm fine with. Dembele too with a lesser reduction in wages, but I'd then look to sell him next Summer pending this season (unless of course he doesn't agree a new deal and I'd offload him this Summer). Yeah though, not even in the B team. I'd only give them the option of either leaving or sitting out the season.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What's Aguero's salary? 6M.
What's Garcia's salary? 6M.
What's Depay's salary? 6M.
What was Wij's proposal? 8M or so.

That's a good chunk of Messi's salary here. Not everything is the previous board or players fault. This is a whole Barca system that needs to be reconsidered.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What's Aguero's salary? 6M.
What's Garcia's salary? 6M.
What's Depay's salary? 6M.
What was Wij's proposal? 8M or so.

That's a good chunk of Messi's salary here. Not everything is the previous board or players fault. This is a whole Barca system that needs to be reconsidered.
Where did you get that number for garcia seems off. The others who are pure garbage are making double that or more. Clearly that’s a bigger issue.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Where did you get that number for garcia seems off. The others who are pure garbage are making double that or more. Clearly that’s a bigger issue.
L'Equipe.
And no, the others are less of an issue because Barca DIDN'T HAVE THE MONEY to spend on those 4 guys.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
L'Equipe.
And no, the others are less of an issue because Barca DIDN'T HAVE THE MONEY to spend on those 4 guys.
If those clowns reduced their wages messi would still be here it’s that simple. Even if you take out Depay , garcia and kun they can’t register messi. Nothing I’ve read suggest garcia is making that much btw.

if he is then I’ll concede it’s part of the problem lesser than the bozos previously mentioned. Also if your angling the problem with this board I made my feelings known in the other thread. Plenty of blame to be passed around.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
L'Equipe reports it today. Which is laughable really since Garcia hasn't done anything to deserve such a salary.

But when you spent big on something that didn't work out (the players you're talking about), you don't EXPECT them all to cut their salaries while throwing money around to players you don't need.
It is IMO a much bigger problem to spend money you don't have this summer than overpay like they did when they felt they had the means previously.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Different perspective one gets you messi when doesn’t…

Mind you a blind monkey would have seen that 3/4 of those players aren’t worth jack.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Since 2014, Barca has spent 1.27 billion on transfers (not counting the outrageous salaries).
As a reminder, they spent 34M (+7M bonus) on Arda Turan, 35M (+20M bonus) on Andre Gomes or 41M (+1M) on Malcom. Let's not forget the 30M in Braithwaite.
They also undersold many players like Rafinha, Suarez, while pushing their salaries to amazing heights (both to newcomers or "historical" players).
IMO, Laporta has joined the company this summer.
Sure he tried to get free players, but Barca has plenty of offensive players, and they didn't need Depay, Wijnaldum nor Aguero (a little more in Aguero's case, but he's damaged goods). Garcia isn't needed either and his salary is a joke.
If they wanted to sign those guys, then they should have dumped all the dead wood first.
Blaming the players for Messi's departure is just wrong. Who would reject those proposals? Nobody. And why would they lower their salary in order to sign more competition for their spots (Depay, Aguero, Garcia)?
Just the other day I read Barca is considering cutting Umtiti's salary under the reason that he's not "capable" of doing his job. :facepalm:

Reactions: luiginb

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
What exactly caused Umtitis fall? I know that he had an injury and then he fought with the club on how to treat it but not much else.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
His injury was pretty bad. Career threatning.
Since then he's capable of playing, but he needs less pressure, a better teammate, and some regular playing time to come back.
His confidence seems shot and he's mentally weak, also because of the context.
For real, if he signs with the right environment, he could come back to a good level.

Reactions: luiginb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad