La liga 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Then Pique isn't either.
Capable means he's capable of playing, regardless of his achieved level.
Not going to argue over the meaning of capable… pique reduced his salary and was levels ahead of Sam last year. We had this talk already and I don’t really care to have it again.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Since 2014, Barca has spent 1.27 billion on transfers (not counting the outrageous salaries).
As a reminder, they spent 34M (+7M bonus) on Arda Turan, 35M (+20M bonus) on Andre Gomes or 41M (+1M) on Malcom. Let's not forget the 30M in Braithwaite.
They also undersold many players like Rafinha, Suarez, while pushing their salaries to amazing heights (both to newcomers or "historical" players).
IMO, Laporta has joined the company this summer.
Sure he tried to get free players, but Barca has plenty of offensive players, and they didn't need Depay, Wijnaldum nor Aguero (a little more in Aguero's case, but he's damaged goods). Garcia isn't needed either and his salary is a joke.
If they wanted to sign those guys, then they should have dumped all the dead wood first.
Blaming the players for Messi's departure is just wrong. Who would reject those proposals? Nobody. And why would they lower their salary in order to sign more competition for their spots (Depay, Aguero, Garcia)?
Just the other day I read Barca is considering cutting Umtiti's salary under the reason that he's not "capable" of doing his job. :facepalm:

I agree with a good portion of this, but it lacks of a lot of context and your take of Laporta is wide of the mark. Massive difference there. Also, not sure of the bonuses, especially without sources, but then you should be referring to all transfers that way. And Braitwaite was 18 million. Oh, and the club definitely needed a striker.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
All of those numbers come from l'Equipe's paper this morning (except Braithwaite, I did that off the top of my head and can indeed be wrong).

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
All of those numbers come from l'Equipe's paper this morning (except Braithwaite, I did that off the top of my head and can indeed be wrong).

Braithwaite was per Transfermarkt. I didn't check the rest, but IIRC they're all spot on. Not sure about the bonuses, but again to discuss them is...

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lost in all this is the three amigos met today for a few hours. Wonder what they could possibly talk about.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
The heat is on. Nobody probably would want to be in Tebas' shoes now as LaLiga president.

Barcelona should just secede and ask to join Ligue1 like Monaco has done.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I just wish that Barcelona would have been allowed to choose which player contracts they'd like to register to be eligible to play this season to fulfil the total team maximum salary and then those left out would not count against the restrictions. Not being able to play for the whole season would have pretty much forced any players left out to accept any deal coming their way.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I just wish that Barcelona would have been allowed to choose which player contracts they'd like to register to be eligible to play this season to fulfil the total team maximum salary and then those left out would not count against the restrictions. Not being able to play for the whole season would have pretty much forced any players left out to accept any deal coming their way.

Well yeah, that’d be fantastic. Still they could get tougher and likely accomplish the same.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah that would’ve been amazing. It is what it is though.

I wonder how the league intends to get back on top. From where I sit it might take a few years if they play their cards right which they have been doing the opposite.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What’s the word on Julien Agirrezabala. Looks like an interesting goalie prospect.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Barca gets to spend tax payer money of the citizens, it’s good to see them collapse financially to the rest of Europe.

Reactions: Bakayoko Ono

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Barca gets to spend tax payer money of the citizens, it’s good to see them collapse financially to the rest of Europe.

You should really clarify how and how much. I know of one way, something I don't agree with but that other clubs also enjoy, and it's probably nowhere near you think it is.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
One of Barcelona management staff quit today blaming Laporta for Messi's departure. Laporta then had a 4 hour meeting with his boss Florentino and the mafioso from Juventus. I think Laporta's role in this mess is being grossly understated.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
One of Barcelona management staff quit today blaming Laporta for Messi's departure. Laporta then had a 4 hour meeting with his boss Florentino and the mafioso from Juventus. I think Laporta's role in this mess is being grossly understated.

The weird thing was that it seemed like things were all set until the last minute. I know they got the audit results and they were notably worse than expected, so I'm not sure if they got the results in those last few days. Anyway, whatever role you think he had I'd like to know what it is apart from the inability to get rid of players.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You should really clarify how and how much. I know of one way, something I don't agree with but that other clubs also enjoy, and it's probably nowhere near you think it is.
You're my fam so I hate what happened to you lot (and D2M), but one day I was bored and went around to see who owns clubs and I couldn't find a direct CEO or owner of Real Madrid and Barcelona. It seems that its ownership is spread across 140,000 citizens of Catalan province meaning their transfer budget is strictly from the pockets of the 140,000 citizens, no?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You're my fam so I hate what happened to you lot (and D2M), but one day I was bored and went around to see who owns clubs and I couldn't find a direct CEO or owner of Real Madrid and Barcelona. It seems that its ownership is spread across 140,000 citizens of Catalan province meaning their transfer budget is strictly from the pockets of the 140,000 citizens, no?

Mate, they’re club members because they choose to be. I was one for a few years as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad