La Liga 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I have to admit that I did not anticipate exactly how much they needed Ronaldo to beat these teams so frequently. Hazard will help but the rest of their attack is certainly lacking consistency.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I have to admit that I did not anticipate exactly how much they needed Ronaldo to beat these teams so frequently. Hazard will help but the rest of their attack is certainly lacking consistency.
It’s basically the same footy they’ve been playing but it’s catching up with them. Shitty tactics and hoping for a late miracle.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It’s definitely not all Ronaldo but he was a big part of it. They had a lethal wide wingers crossing the ball. But since Marcelo/carvhala have lost major steps

Of course he was a part, but as you've noted for some time they also were rather lucky and not as good as people thought they were.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Of course they are missing Ronaldo, he was saving their ass week in and week out just like Messi does to us, he was after all the best finisher in the world back at the time

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Of course he was a part, but as you've noted for some time they also were rather lucky and not as good as people thought they were.

The Madrid who won the CL 4 out of the 5 times prior to this year was a well oiled machine. Don't think you can speak of any luck there. Ronaldo leaving (which changes their entire game plan), players losing a step, coaching changes and new talent who still need time adjusting is why this team isn't reaching that level right now. But they don't have the same potential with the current roster.

On a different note: saw Jasper Cillessen play with Valencia last night. He was excellent. Hoping he can keep up this high level of play for an entire season. He's always shown glimpses of being an elite goalkeeper out there, but was never a constant and reliable force.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I’m sorry but you don’t win 3 CLs in 4 years by being lucky
Nope it’s not just luck you also need refs as the 12th player. Half of those wins you wouldn’t get with competent refs. Just look at Madrid performances in the league that time. Some shitty football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad