Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Another soft pen.

edit: absolutely horrendous call. Carrasco kicked himself in the box

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Why do I keep watching this. Honestly this is just so horrible to watch. There's no movement whatsoever. They recover the ball and then wait for Atleti to get back on defence.
Good thing they bought Pjanic. Another painfully slow midfielder :thumbu:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You need a goal and you put Griezmann in with 3 seconds to go.
Great move by the coach. :clap:

Well maybe if Messi, Suarez, Alba and Rakitic hadn't bitched after the last game he'd made the sub sooner. You're right though, he should have put Fati or Braithwaite on instead.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Nothing going right for the team right now, I would say that hopefully next season will be better but I'm not optimistc. The team could use a rebuild

Reactions: les Habs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Nothing going right for the team right now, I would say that hopefully next season will be better but I'm not optimistc. The team could use a rebuild

Yep. Only players I care to see around next season are Pique, Ter Stegen, De Jong, Puig, Busquets, Sergi, Fati, Trincao, Lenglet and Todibo. Maybe some B team guys like Monchu and maybe give Alena a real shot, but the rest can leave.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yep. Only players I care to see around next season are Pique, Ter Stegen, De Jong, Puig, Busquets, Sergi, Fati, Trincao, Lenglet and Todibo. Maybe some B team guys like Monchu and maybe give Alena a real shot, but the rest can leave.
Wait... you’re missing a very key guy on that list.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm not. I made my list, I checked it twice and my post didn't stutter.
I don’t care how good of prospects there are, you can’t cut out your two best offensive pieces on a team that relies on them so heavily and expect to succeed. Yes you can maybe try to ease the load offensively for them but you can’t just cut them out cold turkey and expect to have any sort of success.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yeah what's the point. We're seeing everything that goes wrong when a player is bigger than his club.
How is what’s wrong at Barca on Messi?

he brings 10/10 performances every match including this one.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium

While that's true, in some way, him still being this good makes that he's kinda holding the club hostage. As long as Messi is out there, you can't move on/rebuild

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don’t care how good of prospects there are, you can’t cut out your two best offensive pieces on a team that relies on them so heavily and expect to succeed. Yes you can maybe try to ease the load offensively for them but you can’t just cut them out cold turkey and expect to have any sort of success.

When they ignore the coaches and act unprofessionally they can leave. We're not winning with them and their respective salaries would cover those of probably 6-7 very good players.

It's very like not as regards Griezmann.

Don’t think he’s talking about Messi. @Evilo was never a huge fan of Greizzman (don’t think could be wrong here).

I'm pretty positive he's talking about Messi.

While that's true, in some way, him still being this good makes that he's kinda holding the club hostage. As long as Messi is out there, you can't move on/rebuild

Yep. Bad idea to get rid of him from a footballing standpoint at this exact moment in time, but I don't care. If you're not going to be professional you can move on.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Individually yes. But it's quite clear that over the last few years, his off the pitch behaviour and character have caused more problems than solved them.
His attitude towards Griez has been awful, and why is that? Because Neymar wasn't back?
That's so ridiculous.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
For a long time Messi was twice the player Ronaldo was because he put the team before him. He played football the right way.
I think the last few years have shown he's on that track too. Individual brilliance, making hsi teammates shine, that's still true. But only the teammates he's choosing, with the coaches he's choosing and the moments he's choosing.
That's not the Messi I have loved to watch for years.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Can someone lead me to sources when Messi has been unprofessional? This is all new news to me.

people are trying hardest to drag him down for stuff he has no control over.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad