La Liga 2019/2020 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So Courtois said:

"“It would not be just if Barça were champions because we have drawn against them in one match, and won the other, so we have shown we are better than them.”

Then clarified saying this:

"At no point did I say that Madrid should be proclaimed champions if La Liga ends early, we are in a better spot even though we lost against Real Betis, and if we played the eleven games that are left, I’m confident that my team could win the league."

Someone should explain to this idiot how the league table and points system works. And for the record, I think every competition should be null and void unless they are completed.

Reactions: Index

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Font has a good looking platform from the little I've seen. He's being linked with Xavi as his managerial candidate too.
Xavi needs some proving to do tbh. He shouldn't be the main target or even second. Anything over bart would do but Laporta with Pep back for Lio's final years would be a dream. Getting the band back together for a last hurrah.

Reactions: Cassano

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Xavi needs some proving to do tbh. He shouldn't be the main target or even second. Anything over bart would do but Laporta with Pep back for Lio's final years would be a dream. Getting the band back together for a last hurrah.

Did Guardiola need some proving? I'd be fine with Guardiola, but Laporta doesn't have him yet and I want the full package with the next president, not just a manager. From what I've seen of Font's platform it looks good.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Did Guardiola need some proving? I'd be fine with Guardiola, but Laporta doesn't have him yet and I want the full package with the next president, not just a manager. From what I've seen of Font's platform it looks good.
Thats a fair but pep coached barca B for a year. Xavi has been in Qatar since he’s been a coach. Another thing what pep did was unheard of trying to find a new pep is a fools errand. You know what you have in pep or ten haag so get one of them. Let xavi coach barca b and then evaluate if he has it in him to be an elite coach.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Thats a fair but pep coached barca B for a year. Xavi has been in Qatar since he’s been a coach. Another thing what pep did was unheard of trying to find a new pep is a fools errand. You know what you have in pep or ten haag so get one of them. Let xavi coach barca b and then evaluate if he has it in him to be an elite coach.

Exactly. Guardiola only managed the B team for a season.

I'm not against Guardiola returning, but Laporta doesn't guarantee that. Laporta guaranteed Beckham after all. All I'm saying is that I want to evaluate the candidate on their entire platform.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Exactly. Guardiola only managed the B team for a season.

I'm not against Guardiola returning, but Laporta doesn't guarantee that. Laporta guaranteed Beckham after all. All I'm saying is that I want to evaluate the candidate on their entire platform.

better to manage the B team than to coach in Qatar.

no i get what youre saying. I dont even mind if laporte doesnt win as long as someone better than bart comes in ALONG with pep or ten haag. The objective should be clear. Those are the top 2 candidates . Pep being the main option if he says no then all in on ten haag who should say yes.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
better to manage the B team than to coach in Qatar.

no i get what youre saying. I dont even mind if laporte doesnt win as long as someone better than bart comes in ALONG with pep or ten haag. The objective should be clear. Those are the top 2 candidates . Pep being the main option if he says no then all in on ten haag who should say yes.

Not necessarily. Good to get out of your comfort zone.

Well Laporta should have been the won the last election, so... The concern should be do Font and Laporta take votes away from each other leaving the possibility of a Bartomeu stooge winning the election.

If we didn't get Guardiola I'd prefer Nagelsmann to Ten Haag.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not necessarily. Good to get out of your comfort zone.

Well Laporta should have been the won the last election, so... The concern should be do Font and Laporta take votes away from each other leaving the possibility of a Bartomeu stooge winning the election.

If we didn't get Guardiola I'd prefer Nagelsmann to Ten Haag.
We tried that we got Vidal, dembele and ivan. Stick to whats tried and tested. ;)

could be but after failure and failure i dont see how bart survives this.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
We tried that we got Vidal, dembele and ivan. Stick to whats tried and tested. ;)

could be but after failure and failure i dont see how bart survives this.

I don't know what Vidal, Dembele and Rakitic have to do with Xavi managing in Qatar.

I didn't see how we got here in the first place last election, but it happened and Laporta lost that election. Apparently quite a few of the socios are... well, tied to certain regimes. When Laporta came in it was quite the change from the previous boards.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't know what Vidal, Dembele and Rakitic have to do with Xavi managing in Qatar.

I didn't see how we got here in the first place last election, but it happened and Laporta lost that election. Apparently quite a few of the socios are... well, tied to certain regimes. When Laporta came in it was quite the change from the previous boards.
Those trio werent barca style and stick out. So we should go back to what is proven to work.

im not familiar with how these things work. So not i dont have a horse in the race. Just bartout is the main objective. Everything else is secondary me thinks

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
So Xavi isn't Barça style? Anyway, you could say that about other players over the years who were successful. All three of them have their merits and Rakitic was a good signing. Dembele likely too had he not had the injury issues. Vidal was fine too value for money even though he's a signing I'd prefer they hadn't made.

It's really simple. Despite the writing on the wall guys like Bartomeu can win anytime because for some reason they still get a big chunk of socios backing them.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So Xavi isn't Barça style? Anyway, you could say that about other players over the years who were successful. All three of them have their merits and Rakitic was a good signing. Dembele likely too had he not had the injury issues. Vidal was fine too value for money even though he's a signing I'd prefer they hadn't made.

It's really simple. Despite the writing on the wall guys like Bartomeu can win anytime because for some reason they still get a big chunk of socios backing them.
Could be i dont watch Qatar footy. We dont know what brad he will implement. Just because he played for barca and played the right way doesnt mean he will make it as a coach. See Valverde.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Could be i dont watch Qatar footy. We dont know what brad he will implement. Just because he played for barca and played the right way doesnt mean he will make it as a coach. See Valverde.

Of course it doesn't. However the consensus of those who know him, Guardiola included, think he will make a good manager. From everything I know I agree. That said I'm sure he'll have his opportunities, like stubbornness ala Guardiola. I'm only concerned with Setien right now though. Hopefully the break, however long it turns out to be, gives Setien the time to really mould the team as he would like starting with getting them in proper shape.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Of course it doesn't. However the consensus of those who know him, Guardiola included, think he will make a good manager. From everything I know I agree. That said I'm sure he'll have his opportunities, like stubbornness ala Guardiola. I'm only concerned with Setien right now though. Hopefully the break, however long it turns out to be, gives Setien the time to really mould the team as he would like starting with getting them in proper shape.
Oh I think he can be a barca calibre coach however, I would want him to do it the right way and for me that is having coached to some degree european footy.

Setien thus far is exactly what my fears were. All flash and no substance.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don’t know this for sure but I don’t think Xavi’s team in Qatar is all that great. I think it’s mid table.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It's really simple. How is he "all flash"? How is he "no substance"?

The fact of the matter is that he was signed on January 13th of this year. He took over a side that had largely been on vacation during Valverde's tenure and with which he had zero preseason. He also inherited injuries. Yet despite all that the team has clearly looked better since he took over.

Reactions: Cassano

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It's really simple. How is he "all flash"? How is he "no substance"?

The fact of the matter is that he was signed on January 13th of this year. He took over a side that had largely been on vacation during Valverde's tenure and with which he had zero preseason. He also inherited injuries. Yet despite all that the team has clearly looked better since he took over.

Oh I agree he should be given more time to implement his system more but thus far the warning signs are clearly there. Especially when you consider these are the same ones that marked him in Betis. So, yeah it definitely something that should be watched for. I like him as a person, hell even as a coach I don't mind him but for barca I worry he won't be good enough. Regardless, he's here and deserves a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->