La Liga 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
He is. Everyone ranks him in the top 3.
Marcelo has been better (not this year).
I'd say a healthy Mendy is also better, but Mendy hasn't been healthy in a while.

Not sure who "everyone" is reference too, but I disagree, especially if it's in reference to this forum.

Marcelo has definitely had his moments, but he's not always been better every season.

And much like Mendy Alba has had injuries or was dealing with Lucho's selection which was clearly mistaken.

Anyway, it's interesting how LB now seems to have better depth than RB does when it used to be the opposite not that long ago.

Marcelo has a better pedigree but at the moment no he isn't better. More talented sure. Hard no on Mendy. Maybe, in the future but as of now Alba has always been better.

Sure, thing chief. Hendo better than Biscuits and Allison better than MAtS.

Suarez's play has fallen off a cliff in relation to how good he was. Alba on the other hand is playing probably his best footy.

I wouldn't say Marcelo is more talented. For me the big difference is that Marcelo is a better dribbler while Alba makes better runs.

I assume he was kidding.

"Fallen off a cliff" is hyperbolic.

Aduriz scored a filthy penalty yesterday

Yes, which I posted a video of it just a few posts above yours. I would imagine someone has done that before, but I've never seen it.

Aduriz is 37 and soon to be 38, but he's only been with Athletic Club for now six and half seasons. They paid only 2.5 million for him back in 2012. He now has 94 goals, and that's just in the league. On top of that he's scored 27 goals in Europe. That's an amazing return for los Leones.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Man Real Betis are so awesome. It's a long shot but if they can make the CL or win the Europa it would be insane. It should be everyones favourite mini team right now.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah Alba’s form dipped in ‘16-‘17 due to Lucho’s stubborn tactics and formations. Valverde’s got faults but under him Alba’s been immense

Neymar's departure has also helped.

Man Real Betis are so awesome. It's a long shot but if they can make the CL or win the Europa it would be insane. It should be everyones favourite mini team right now.

They are quite interesting and have had an interesting history. If I recall correctly their former President (either there's or Sevilla's, but I think it was Betis') made his fortune selling used televisions. They also set the World transfer record when they bought Denilson. You've also got some Barça links with Bartra, Tello, Sanabria Kaptoum and Serra Ferrer. I like Setien's approach as well. However they need to dump the "Real" tag and I'm no fan of Joaquin.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
How can not you love Joaquin.
You will not find a genuinely funnier guy in football. He is loved by almost everybody over here in Spain.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Madrid didn't even attack after Villareal tied it up. This team doesn't even have fight LOL.

And you sub on kids like Junior,Fed and leave out Ceballos? Fun stuff.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Another write off year for Valencia... they should focus on not dropping at this point. They won't get anything else this campaign.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Oblak with a masterclass save but Sevilla come back and take the lead. Well deserved.

Oblak again beauty save.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Draw is more or less a fair result. Sevilla had the better clear cut chances though. At the end though Thomas with a nasty challenge should've been sent off. Cynical.

Reactions: TheLeastOfTheBunch

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That should be the league but this year has been stupid. How can a team like La real be in danger of regulation.

Rulli with his best game in 2 years... well done boy.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Lenglet.. man, I don't know

His positioning and awareness are so bad at times. Combined with Pique's nonchalance, this isn't a very good partnership right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad