La Liga 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
If everything goes according to plan then Arthur/Alena/Puig/Oriol Busquets should be the midfield of the next decade for Barça

And if Juan Miranda and Abel Ruiz can break through as well than the team finally will have a cantera flavour again

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I have to say I'm really disappointed in this piece by Graham Hunter. In fact I'll go so far as to call it inaccurate when he talks about Alena coming on and who exactly the crowd was booing considering he's suggested it is in part at least Alena himself. Having watched the match I didn't take it as the crowd booing Alena at all. I took it as the crowd booing Vidal considering some of his comments or as Hunter does not Vidal coming off ahead of Coutinho. However he is correct as I have been told about the Xavi/Guardiola example. Tying this to it is rather ridiculous though.

I also think the Madrid example is pretty laughable. Yes, Madrid has definitely produced some good players in recent years (thought that's not something new). However a lot of their younger guys have been bought, which to be fair Hunter notes, and overall when you put everything into context I wouldn't say there is a glaring difference in playing time. Also, Barça have invested a lot in younger players too recently. Barça still has a lot of homegrown players in the first team, and could have more but do not for various reasons as I have noted for years now, and have invested heavily in younger players in recent times if you consider ter Stegen, Umtiti, Dembele, Arthur, Malcolm, Semedo and Lenglet.

Anyway, just found it interesting considering what I've seen come from Hunter in the past as it just strikes me as a really lazy piece to fill column inches. Also found it interesting considering the comments in this thread the past day or two.

Real Madrid find rich vein of talent as Barca's well runs dry

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
My goodness, one man show out there. Absolutely stunning, nice finish from Dembele too.

And there are still some who say Messi wasn't absolutely fantastic this year. :laugh:

Reactions: les Habs

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Damn, can't stay up to watch this one but it sounds like it was fantastic. Love reading the comments here.

You’ll be happy knowing Dembele played on the left side in that game, he was terrific once again. He’s stepped up in the face of some media scrutiny

Edit: As soon as I say this, he shows up late to training once again

Last edited:

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
We got the three points, but what a **** performance. Courtois was good, defense was good, Bale created a few things, midfield was poor both defensively and in transition.

Lucky to go back home with a win.

Yeah that was some dire football from Real.
I mean, maybe it looks different with Marcelo, Kroos and Casemiro... But they looked awfully ordinary yesterday.
Still, compared to the mess Lopetegui was presenting, at least they're getting better results along the way.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think I would be happy if Greizzman never scores another goal again... never have soured on a player this much in such a short period of time. Used to be a back fan of his but his off field antics and his idiotic celebrations have been such a turn off.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No reason to sour on him when you knew he was an idiot to begin with.
Never liked him. Never will. And his Ballon d'Or campaign (give it to me) won't help.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Watch 5:05 of his video, it changed my view of Griezmann completely.

Great documentary btw.

Yeah he does silly fortnite dances and thinks he deserved the Ballon Dor, but what opposing player would do this at half time in a game as big as a European semi final?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad