La Liga 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Somewhat of a "meh" match. Ref was absolute garbage. Positives were of course Messi when he saw the ball. Alba once again who is such a threat as a LB and it's not all down to his speed or runs either. Pique. Alena who despite Messi's assist showed excellent composure, but that isn't a surprise considering what he's already demonstrated with the B team.

Still have to question selling Mina and bringing in Lenglet instead. Still have to question the Vidal signing as well.

As a guy who was in favour of selling Mina, I have to say Lenglet has been disappointing. Hardly an upgrade thus far. Although I still think Mina sucks.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
As a guy who was in favour of selling Mina, I have to say Lenglet has been disappointing. Hardly an upgrade thus far. Although I still think Mina sucks.

Well Everton had a clean sheet against Chelsea and nearly one today in the derby, but then again they're a well organized side. Still I thought he looked pretty good today. Seemed out of position on one play, but also had a couple of nice defensive headers. I didn't see much of the first half though. Either way he very clearly doesn't suck.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
:facepalm: I mention the positives and forgot to mention Dembele. Nice match from him. He could still be better, but some excellent plays and some blistering pace. He needs to start consistently.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well Everton had a clean sheet against Chelsea and nearly one today in the derby, but then again they're a well organized side. Still I thought he looked pretty good today. Seemed out of position on one play, but also had a couple of nice defensive headers. I didn't see much of the first half though. Either way he very clearly doesn't suck.
Playing in the village is whole hell of a different than playing for barca with expectations are mammoth.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos

Lenglet's not meant as an upgrade though, he's relief for Umtiti/Pique.
And other than a few dodgy moments, he's been alright IMO. He'd be catching much less flack if he hadn't been sent off in his first real game.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lenglet's not meant as an upgrade though, he's relief for Umtiti/Pique.
And other than a few dodgy moments, he's been alright IMO. He'd be catching much less flack if he hadn't been sent off in his first real game.
He's supposed to be an upgrade over Mina otherwise why buy him and get rid of Mina?

He got sent off? Totally forgot about that tbh.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
He's supposed to be an upgrade over Mina otherwise why buy him and get rid of Mina?

He got sent off? Totally forgot about that tbh.

Yeah, he got sent off, think it was against Alaves, his first real game (after Umtiti's injury).

I think he is an upgrade over Mina, but both him and Mina are depth players on a club like Barca.
De Ligt, on the other hand, is a long term solution to a starting spot.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, he got sent off, think it was against Alaves, his first real game (after Umtiti's injury).

I think he is an upgrade over Mina, but both him and Mina are depth players on a club like Barca.
De Ligt, on the other hand, is a long term solution to a starting spot.
He's 3rd choice CB with amount of games barca play and Pique getting up there in age he's expected to play a significant role. Right now he's not up to snuff getting dummied by Moreno. Barca is an injury or a suspension away from him starting a champions league final... pretty nerve racking tbh. But it's all good because they're buying Rabiot for some reason.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
He's 3rd choice CB with amount of games barca play and Pique getting up there in age he's expected to play a significant role. Right now he's not up to snuff getting dummied by Moreno. Barca is an injury or a suspension away from him starting a champions league final... pretty nerve racking tbh. But it's all good because they're buying Rabiot for some reason.

I'm not saying he's a world-beater, but I'd say he's about as good as you can expect your 3rd CB to be.
Unless you luck into a Nacho who'll get games simply because he plays all positions on defense, finding and signing a top CB who's willing to sit on the bench if everyone is healthy is pretty hard.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Playing in the village is whole hell of a different than playing for barca with expectations are mammoth.

I wouldn't call Premiership matches against Chelsea and Liverpool "playing in the village." He never got a real shot last season either. At the end of the day we're talking backup CB and it's a choice between him, Lenglet and Vermaelen, two players he cost less than I might add.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'm not saying he's a world-beater, but I'd say he's about as good as you can expect your 3rd CB to be.
Unless you luck into a Nacho who'll get games simply because he plays all positions on defense, finding and signing a top CB who's willing to sit on the bench if everyone is healthy is pretty hard.

Barca has had better 3rd choice cbs... He's no where good enough right now. Maybe I'm being harsh because there is an adjustment that needs to be made for all new players and I just had too much expectation. As of right now though he's playing himself off the team. Although Pique aint helping.

I wouldn't call Premiership matches against Chelsea and Liverpool "playing in the village." He never got a real shot last season either. At the end of the day we're talking backup CB and it's a choice between him, Lenglet and Vermaelen, two players he cost less than I might add.

Sarcasm mate.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Rafinha is out for 6 months after a successful operation and Alena is now a first team player officially.

Hopefully Alena starts in the Copa match. Valverde called up a bunch of B team guys. However the prospect of Lenglet-Vermaelen is a bit scary. Valverde must not take the Copa lightly.

Barca has had better 3rd choice cbs... He's no where good enough right now. Maybe I'm being harsh because there is an adjustment that needs to be made for all new players and I just had too much expectation. As of right now though he's playing himself off the team. Although Pique aint helping.

Sarcasm mate.

Pique had an excellent match against Villarreal.

Hard to detect sarcasm when we're talking about the Premiership though.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Hopefully Alena starts in the Copa match. Valverde called up a bunch of B team guys. However the prospect of Lenglet-Vermaelen is a bit scary. Valverde must not take the Copa lightly.

Pique had an excellent match against Villarreal.

Hard to detect sarcasm when we're talking about the Premiership though.
I didn't see the match just commentating on the season as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->