La Liga 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
How?

He's a barca fan and isn't from Barcelona... that's the only evidence he needs. A real fan would only choose Burnley to support otherwise, they're plastic fans.
I am sure Barca and Real Madrid “fans” would still be fans if they didn’t buy all those trophies.

Having more fans overseas add more money to the pockets of the giants boss.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I am sure Barca and Real Madrid “fans” would still be fans if they didn’t buy all those trophies.

Buying these trophies? Where is this trophy store you speak of? LFC, City and PSG would like a word.

Want to really know why their is a big gulf in talent between the top/bottom teams in La Liga? Take a look at the domestic tv rights income... hint it has nothing to do with us foreigners.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Buying these trophies? Where is this trophy store you speak of? LFC, City and PSG would like a word.

Want to really know why their is a big gulf in talent between the top/bottom teams in La Liga? Take a look at the domestic tv rights income... hint it has nothing to do with us foreigners.
Like I said, foreign fans are not the only factor but they are a factor.

The lack of respect of clubs like Sevilla and Real Sociedad is sickening.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Looks like Rafinha will be out for several months after the tore his ACL.
Sergi Roberto also likely to be out for up to a month. Couts still injured as well.

Time to get Aleña some playing time.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Oh sorry, I'll go burn my RMCF card and buy an Eibar one. That should make you happy.

I'll throw away 18 years of following the club and accept I am just a dumb Canadian who is destroying world football.

Am I at least allowed to support the Montreal Impact?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

For starters, the Cules I know that aren't from Catalunya are long time supporters some of which I've known for the 20 years I've supported the club. In fact some of us have been paying club members. And when I started supporting Barça their trophy case was notably more bare than the likes of Madrid and a host of other "big clubs".

As for the buying trophies bullshit, the majority of the "big clubs" were already winning long before North American and Canadian fans were even following the game.

I talk about clubs like Sevilla and Real Sociedad as much as and probably more than anyone else on this forum. I even commented on how impressive Sevilla's European record is after their last Europa League win. We also discuss plenty of other clubs in the league like Atleti, Betis, Valencia, Athletic Club, etc. I personally don't have the time to watch as much football as I used to, but I'll get more time post Holiday.

At the end of the day you've made yourself look like an ass with a stupid and baseless line of reasoning.

Looks like Rafinha will be out for several months after the tore his ACL.
Sergi Roberto also likely to be out for up to a month. Couts still injured as well.

Time to get Aleña some playing time.

Time to get Dembele and Malcolm some playing time. Alena too of course.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
For starters, the Cules I know that aren't from Catalunya are long time supporters some of which I've known for the 20 years I've supported the club. In fact some of us have been paying club members. And when I started supporting Barça their trophy case was notably more bare than the likes of Madrid and a host of other "big clubs".

As for the buying trophies bull****, the majority of the "big clubs" were already winning long before North American and Canadian fans were even following the game.

I talk about clubs like Sevilla and Real Sociedad as much as and probably more than anyone else on this forum. I even commented on how impressive Sevilla's European record is after their last Europa League win. We also discuss plenty of other clubs in the league like Atleti, Betis, Valencia, Athletic Club, etc. I personally don't have the time to watch as much football as I used to, but I'll get more time post Holiday.

At the end of the day you've made yourself look like an ass with a stupid and baseless line of reasoning.
So you are telling me without the trophies and success he would still be a Barca fan? If the answer is no then the reasoning is not stupid and baseless isn’t it?

Yes the big clubs were still dominant before the game became global but the disparity is now growing even larger. That’s the issue.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't know. Even if that were the case it's still stupid and baseless because there are other clubs, Madrid for example, who have more trophies and yet he didn't support Madrid.

Yet you can't make a straight correlation to just an influx of North American supporters.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Where is this disrespect? La Liga fans have been screaming for years that the Spanish isn't a 2 team league. In fact, its usually EPL fans who claim this. Considering, their inferior complex.

Sevilla sure does get a lot of respect in Spain, don't know overseas.

Canada doesn't even respect Columbus Blue Jackets... how would you expect them to respect Sevilla?

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I don't know. Even if that were the case it's still stupid and baseless because there are other clubs, Madrid for example, who have more trophies and yet he didn't support Madrid.

Yet you can't make a straight correlation to just an influx of North American supporters.
Clesrly Barcelona is poverty compared to Real. That was bad man.

Super League, league fixtures in Miami...all this nonsense is to cater to American fans.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Super League, league fixtures in Miami...all this nonsense is to cater to American fans.

I know it might be difficult to accept, but all big sports league are trying to create a global brand. The NFL does it with the London games, the NHL does it, the NBA in China, MLB with the WBC, etc.

I understand the social aspects of soccer in some countries, but being angry at FANS who are enjoying the sport the same way you do because of the globalization of the sport is... weird. Of course NA fans are going to support big clubs, they are the ones they see the most; it is easier to form an attachment.

With all the big TV/streaming contracts, I would bet that you will see a better repartition of NA fans down the line. Of course the biggest clubs will be the most popular, but we'll see other clubs build followings.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Sounds like Suárez and Arthur will also miss this week’s CL game + potentially the next league game. Will be interesting to see how Valverde sets up his attackers without Coutinho as well, I’m thinking a Malcom - Messi - Dembélé front three should get the look.

Edit: well Coutinho got the green light from the medical staff, still hoping to see Dembélé start and have a chance to impress.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Dembele will start but I would really like to see what Alena does. At some point he has to be given a chance. Otherwise, we'll have another Thiago on our hands. Give him a run of games if he fails then you'll know what you have in him.

Reactions: TheLeastOfTheBunch

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I know it might be difficult to accept, but all big sports league are trying to create a global brand. The NFL does it with the London games, the NHL does it, the NBA in China, MLB with the WBC, etc.

I understand the social aspects of soccer in some countries, but being angry at FANS who are enjoying the sport the same way you do because of the globalization of the sport is... weird. Of course NA fans are going to support big clubs, they are the ones they see the most; it is easier to form an attachment.

With all the big TV/streaming contracts, I would bet that you will see a better repartition of NA fans down the line. Of course the biggest clubs will be the most popular, but we'll see other clubs build followings.
All big American leagues are trying ti create global brand by marketing their teams equally, or at least much more than European football leagues. Aside from big teams, rest of their leagues get dog scraps.

Supporting a team because they win a lot is not really what fandom in football should be about, and honestly maybe the sport is better off in the long run without Americans.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Dembele will start but I would really like to see what Alena does. At some point he has to be given a chance. Otherwise, we'll have another Thiago on our hands. Give him a run of games if he fails then you'll know what you have in him.

Agreed, but I don’t have much optimism in Valverde opting for a young player unless it’s a Copa game :(

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

No, it was fact. If you're saying someone is supporting a club because they're a glory hunter but that club doesn't have the most trophies then it's a bullshit point.

Yet not a single American fan of the league here has actually supported the idea.

All big American leagues are trying ti create global brand by marketing their teams equally, or at least much more than European football leagues. Aside from big teams, rest of their leagues get dog scraps.

Supporting a team because they win a lot is not really what fandom in football should be about, and honestly maybe the sport is better off in the long run without Americans.

The sport would be better off without you, as would this forum.

Sounds like Suárez and Arthur will also miss this week’s CL game + potentially the next league game. Will be interesting to see how Valverde sets up his attackers without Coutinho as well, I’m thinking a Malcom - Messi - Dembélé front three should get the look.

Edit: well Coutinho got the green light from the medical staff, still hoping to see Dembélé start and have a chance to impress.

Malcolm should be on the right and Dembele on the left though.

Reactions: TheLeastOfTheBunch

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
No, it was fact. If you're saying someone is supporting a club because they're a glory hunter but that club doesn't have the most trophies then it's a bull**** point.

Yet not a single American fan of the league here has actually supported the idea.
You can't be serious. Barcelona does not have the most trophies in the world so they are on the same level as Burnley. Gosh how do Barcelona fans survive with 25 La Liga titles?

Americans can do whatever they want, I am just saying its not good for the sport if only the top few clubs get all the money from here.

CLAIM to not support the idea, but you know damn well Americans will still spend money it.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Another Valverde masterclass tonight :thumbu:

Sigh

To be fair, playing vs Atleti is like going to the dentist - no fun allowed.

Every time these two play (or Atletico vs Real) people are somehow let down by the "quality" of the game.
The quality was top notch - it's just that it's tactical and defensive quality that is easier to execute and Atletico mostly manages to strangle free-flowing out of these games.

Anyway, I wouldn't mock Barca over this game. A point away to Atletico is not a bad results, even for Barcelona.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
You can't be serious. Barcelona does not have the most trophies in the world so they are on the same level as Burnley. Gosh how do Barcelona fans survive with 25 La Liga titles?

Americans can do whatever they want, I am just saying its not good for the sport if only the top few clubs get all the money from here.

CLAIM to not support the idea, but you know damn well Americans will still spend money it.

I'm entirely serious and entirely correct. You on the other hand are not. You can't even get the amount of titles correct. Myself as an example, Barça only had 15 Primera titles when I started supporting them. Going further, they only had 1 CL title. Now compare that United, Liverpool, Madrid, Milan, Juventus, Bayern, Ajax, Inter and even Nottingham Forest from a CL standpoint. Were I a glory hunter I would supported another club that had more titles.

LOL, no, that's not what you're saying. Well you might be saying that now if you've changed your tune, but what you said was that "American and Canadian glory hunters" are basically a big reason why there is a disparity between bigger and smaller clubs. You also said there is a lack of respect for the likes of Sevilla and La Real, presumably from American and Canadian glory hunters. You also said that the sport would be better in the long run without Americans. At the end of the day you made yourself look like an ass by trying to call out someone you don't even know and while make some really stupid claims in the process. Don't worry though, it's not a surprise.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I'm entirely serious and entirely correct. You on the other hand are not. You can't even get the amount of titles correct. Myself as an example, Barça only had 15 Primera titles when I started supporting them. Going further, they only had 1 CL title. Now compare that United, Liverpool, Madrid, Milan, Juventus, Bayern, Ajax, Inter and even Nottingham Forest from a CL standpoint. Were I a glory hunter I would supported another club that had more titles.

LOL, no, that's not what you're saying. Well you might be saying that now if you've changed your tune, but what you said was that "American and Canadian glory hunters" are basically a big reason why there is a disparity between bigger and smaller clubs. You also said there is a lack of respect for the likes of Sevilla and La Real, presumably from American and Canadian glory hunters. You also said that the sport would be better in the long run without Americans. At the end of the day you made yourself look like an ass by trying to call out someone you don't even know and while make some really stupid claims in the process. Don't worry though, it's not a surprise.
Because they are a big reason why disparity is growing larger. Gimme a break man. If a person supports a team because of their trophy cabinet they are a glory hunter. I don’t need to know him in real life to know that. And it gets on my nerves hearing them complain. You try being a Real Sociedad fans

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Because they are a big reason why disparity is growing larger. Gimme a break man. If a person supports a team because of their trophy cabinet they are a glory hunter. I don’t need to know him in real life to know that. And it gets on my nerves hearing them complain. You try being a Real Sociedad fans

It's a reason, but not as big as you're making it out to be.

You don't even know why he supports the club and, again, he could have chose another club with more trophies.

Well it gets on my nerves reading stupid posts, so there you go. Funny how you've shifted away from Sevilla though. Not as funny as you listing La Liga winners at the same time you're talking about trophy cabinets when there have only been 9 different winners overall in the history of the league.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
It's a reason, but not as big as you're making it out to be.

You don't even know why he supports the club and, again, he could have chose another club with more trophies.

Well it gets on my nerves reading stupid posts, so there you go. Funny how you've shifted away from Sevilla though. Not as funny as you listing La Liga winners at the same time you're talking about trophy cabinets when there have only been 9 different winners overall in the history of the league.
Barcelona doesn’t win the league every year so he can’t be a glory hunter. Got it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Im still trying to understand how we got here... @DatsyukOwns stated something that is legitimate and a random poster crucifies him? Then rabbles on and on about being glory hunters and disrespect? Where is this disrespect? Really seems this poster was harbouring these feelings for awhile until he found an opportunity. Pretty sad to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad